Bubble Witch Saga 3 Industrial Deals Beauty Little FIres Everywhere STEM nav_sap_plcc_ascpsc Learn more about Amazon Music Unlimited GNO for iPhone 8 Starting at $39.99 Grocery Handmade Tote Bags Home Gift Guide Off to College Home Gift Guide Book a house cleaner for 2 or more hours on Amazon BradsStatus BradsStatus BradsStatus  Introducing Echo Show Introducing All-New Fire HD 10 with Alexa hands-free $149.99 Kindle Oasis, unlike any Kindle you've ever held Shop Now PSFF17_gno

Showing 1-6 of 6 reviews(Verified Purchases). See all 19 reviews
on December 5, 2013
Larry Rosen’s book Rewired is a quick easy read that discusses the affect technology has had on today’s generation as well as how and why the approach to educating today’s youth needs to change. The book addresses many interesting points on how 21st century technology is affecting students’ skills, lifestyles and most importantly the way they learn. In addition to discussing the changing learning styles of today’s students it also provides a new approach to education through the use of technology. It provides useful strategies on implementing technology in order to adapt our teaching styles to the new learning styles of our students. Although I found the book a little repetitive I found most of what Rosen had to say very interesting. It opened up my eyes to how different the lives of students are today because of technology and how it affects the way they learn and should in turn affect the way teachers teach. I think the most important point that Rosen brought up is that students are immersed in technology in all parts of their life except when they go to school therefore if we want to keep our students engaged and motivated we need to “rewire” education. This book discussed why teachers need to adapt their teaching styles in order to keep up with new learning styles of today’s tech savy youth. As well as how teachers can use technology in their classroom in order to increase student motivation, participation, and performance. It offered a new perspective on how students learn and although I didn’t agree with some of the Rosen’s ideas (such students learn more while multitasking) I do think that his eleven recommendations for rewiring education found at the end of the book can be useful in creating a more engaging and captivating educational experience for today’s youth.
on February 11, 2013
This book was a little redundant. I feel that the author could have said the same thing in about half the pages. Fairly useful information but also mostly common sense.
on April 8, 2015
Great book
on February 5, 2015
good.
on August 1, 2010
I'm entering my 6th year teaching 3rd grade and came across this title while looking for "work" related books to read this summer. It contained many interesting points to consider and was worth reading. I have a few friends that are interested in borrowing it and I'm curious to know what they think of it too.
on June 17, 2014
This book contains some helpful information. However, it was not as helpful as I'd hoped. The topic covered by the book is excellent and more discussion would be helpful.