Amazon.com: Customer Reviews: Rheem 22V40F1 Natural Gas Water Heater, 40 Gallon
Your Garage Up to 80 Percent Off Textbooks Amazon Fashion Learn more nav_sap_plcc_ascpsc Ryley Walker Fire TV Stick Totes Amazon Cash Back Offer PilotWave7B PilotWave7B PilotWave7B  Amazon Echo  Echo Dot  Amazon Tap  Echo Dot  Amazon Tap  Amazon Echo Introducing new colors All-New Kindle Oasis DollyParton Shop Now STEM

on February 15, 2010
I bought this water heater for the price and because I know Rheem is a good brand. Installation was easy and took less than a few hours. The water is very hot on the lowest setting and much hotter than my old one. So far seems to be a very good product and probably will last almost as long as my old 18 year one. I like the fact that you do not need a match to light it just hold the ignitor and it lit the pilot right away. I also found it is much quieter than my old one, but that is probably because their is no sediment built up in this one and hopefully with the magnesium anode rod their will be less sediment and no rust, as that was why I had to replace it, my old one had rusted through the bottom.
11 comment| 94 people found this helpful. Was this review helpful to you?YesNoReport abuse
on May 6, 2010
The title says it all. You really can't loose with this product or this vendor. Everything went much better than I ever expected. The freight delivery was just perfect and extremely fast. The water heater is also perfect. It came boxed and still strapped to the pallet. Once hooked up I could not believe how easy it was to light the pilot (no matches(. It's even quieter than my old water heater. When the burner kicks on you don't even hear it, you actually have to look through the inspection window to see if it's on. I've always been a Rheem fan and this new heater just solidifies my opinion of them. Finally the price. Almost $200 cheaper than anything available locally and that includes factoring in the shipping. I used to manage a plumbing company and my price through [...] was even cheaper than what we used to pay wholesale for one. Go figure. YOu can't loose with this water heater or vendor and no I do not work for them,. I am just a very happy customer.
on March 18, 2011
Rheem water heater is an excellent product. I've done an awful lot of research because last year I bought a Whirlpool at Lowes which gave me the biggest headache (along with some 1000 other users complaints and a lawsuit). Rheem, GE, Richmond, and Rudd are manufactured by Rheem and use Magnesium rods. As American, Whirlpool, Maytag are made by American Water Heater and supposed to contain Aluminum rods.
The Rheem 22V40F1 is 6 year warranty, 58 EF 38,000 BTU, while the Rheem RHGPRO4040 is 8 year warranty, a Professional Model, includes connectors on top of tank, is 40,000 for faster recovery, and is rated .62 EF which is the bare minimum for a [...] rebate from your Gas Company, all that for 421.93 shipping included(minus 30 rebate). I installed the Pro last week and allows water to heat up to 160 degree (which I don't recommend - it will scold you). Recovery time is fabulous. An additional benefit is the Square Hex nut above, which allows replacement of the magnesium rod after X number of years to add approximately 3 to 5 more years of life to your water heater at a cost around [...] dollars. Water heaters with a round dome nut also allow replacement but require drilling and some more extra labor.
Top choices are Rheem and Bradford White (BW)though BW can only be bought by a Plumber.

Buy Plumbing delivery was fast, customer service excellent and no damage. Be sure to cut the box on bottom, lift up and over to inspect unit before taking delivery. In all I'm a happy customer, and satisfied with both price and quality un-found anywhere else.
44 comments| 70 people found this helpful. Was this review helpful to you?YesNoReport abuse
on February 27, 2010
This was my first order with Amazon. Very well pleased with the service. I received delivery in one week right to my door. Installation was smooth, price was right. Plenty of hot water, quick recovery. Igniter button eliminates lighting pilot with match,a big plus.I was so pleased with the service I ordered a garbage disposal unit. Again everything went smooth delivery, installation and the price was right. I found a better way to shop for products
on January 22, 2011
WONDERFUL! WONDERFUL! WONDERFUL! I am very happy with this purchase. My tank was delivered by PILOT and they did a wonderful job. The tank arrived in MINT condition. There wasn't a scratch, dent, or even a minor blemish to be found on the tank. I was very impressed. After reading all the scarry reviews about damaged tanks, I found I had worried for nothing.

I wanted to write and explain the delivery process in detail. There are very few details in the ad explaining the delivery process. If you're like me, you were left with a few more questions than answers. I'll explain the process in more detail to help make your purchasing decision a little easier.

I purchased my tank using Amazon's SuperSaver shipping. Free shipping, you can't beat that! It saved me $78.00! About two or three days later, PILOT, the shipping company Amazon uses, contacted me via email to schedule a delivery date and time. I chose the earliest date I could get and a delivery time between 12:00-3:00pm. I purchased my tank during the Christmas/New Year holiday season so it took about two weeks before I received the tank. No immediate delivery with SuperSaver shipping. That costs more and I wasn't in any hurry anyway. PILOT actually delivered the tank 15 minutes before 12:00. They were early. I was very impressed. No waiting around for them. And, as I stated previously in the review, the tank arrived in mint condition. I couldn't have been happier with the entire buying and delivery process.

Keep in mind one small detail. Because this is a high value item, an adult has to be home at the time of delivery to sign for the tank. That was the only inconvience for me. A very minor one.

As for the tank itself, it works great! Just like previous reviewers have said. No complaints. I even have my tank thermostat set below the medium recommended setting like a previous reviwer had mentioned. I still get a hot shower and it saves me money on my gas bill. Wonderful!

Would I do it all again? Purchase another tank from Amazon and have it delivered? Definately. I had a great buying experience, as I always do, with Amazon.

Highly recommended!!!
on December 26, 2009
I am very pleased with the Rheem natural gas 40 gallon water heater I purchased thru
Amazon. The product was delivered to my door and I installed it. Great Price and Great Product!
on April 9, 2010
The Rheem 40 gallon water heater is nearly identical to the GE water heater, I found at my local Home Depot, but for less money: Including shipping cost, I saved about $70. The water heater arrived in great condition to my home in a weeks time. After installation, it lit right up and is working fine. I get the hot water I need below the middle setting.

Thanks,
on October 7, 2010
When I started searching for a hot water heater, I read the reviews of this Rheem 40 gallon, natural gas water heater. A couple of people complained that the unit was damaged upon delivery, and to be sure and check it before the delivery truck pulls away. I failed to do this the first time, and was so disappointed when I discovered a huge dent in the top of the heater. Our old water heater is in the process of going out, but hasn't quit completely, so I ordered a replacement unit. The delivery truck arrived three days later, and I was thrilled. However, I learned my lesson and checked the unit before the delivery truck departed. Sure enough, the replacement unit was damaged also -- a dent in the same place as the original unit. I guess the quality control people were all "out to lunch" when these units were shipped. Frustrated beyond belief, I had the delivery guys take back the replacement unit, and canceled the order, which is such a disappointment as this is my first bad experience with Amazon. I will now head to our local home improvement store, Sutherlands, so I can replace my water heater before it "conks out" completely.
99 comments| 61 people found this helpful. Was this review helpful to you?YesNoReport abuse
on April 11, 2011
This water heater arrived in perfect condition. It was delivered and rolled into my garage by the truck line. The plumber came and in three hours was done and gone. That included installing the expansion tank and the pressure reducing valve. No more cold showers! Very quiet operation as well. The local suppliers wanted more money plus I would have had to haul this home. The truck line calls ahead to make arrangements for delivery. It worked out good for me.
on March 31, 2010
I bought this water heater few weeks back, it was similar to my old water heater I was able to install it myself. So far working great.

Only thing I did not like was the delivery terms. Which was as below:

"Inspect the box for external damage, remove the packaging and inspect the contents for any physical damage in the presence of the delivery driver. If there is any damage, visible or not, you must indicate such on the delivery receipt. When you sign the delivery ticket and do not note any damage, the merchandise becomes your property, and the freight company will not allow a claim."

Luckily there was no damage and item worked ok.

I am giving this 5 stars due to excellent pricing,I could not find water heater for this price anywhere and I understand quality of Rheem products is good.