Truck Reviews HPC Best Books of the Month Men's slip on sneakers nav_sap_plcc_ascpsc CMA Fest Electronics Gift Guide Fire TV Stick Grocery Handmade Personalized Jewelry Shop by look Book a house cleaner for 2 or more hours on Amazon $0.99 rentals for Prime members $0.99 rentals for Prime members $0.99 rentals for Prime members  Echo Fire tablets: Designed for entertainment Kindle Paperwhite Find a new favorite show Find a new favorite show Find a new favorite show Shop now Start your Baby Registry

Rhythm & Romance
Format: Audio CD|Change

on March 5, 2008
The title of the CD is Rhythm & Romance and the music that plays is exactly that. From the first catchy notes of Sax-o-loco to the last notes of Salsa Kenny, the music does not let you go until it's over. But by then, you can't wait to start over again. All the selections are outstanding but there are personal favorites. The stand out selections for me are Cope de Amor, Sabor A Mi, Besame Mucho, Brasilia, Sax-o-loco and of course, Ritmo y Romance. I could listen to these selections over and over again which I have done since I downloaded the CD from Amazon MP3 downloads.

I am glad that Kenny left Arista for Starbucks entertainment so he could follow his dream of making the kind of music that he wants to record instead of being told what to record. He has more freedom in writing music that sounds good and it shows how much he has grown musically over the years.

For those interested in listening to similar genre of music from Kenny G, I would recommend buying/listening to Classics in the Key of G. It's not widely available but it's an outstanding CD that has a collection of jazz classics that influenced him during his younger days as a learning musician.

Lastly, I've been listening to Kenny G since his days as guest soloist in an instrumental titled "She likes to Watch" from the Rippingtons Moonlighting CD in the early 80's. He is a great musician who has managed to stay in the realm of quality jazz music all through the years. I'm looking forward to more beautiful music from him.
17 people found this helpful
on February 10, 2009
I bought this CD after going to see Kenny G at a concert he gave here in Guadalajara, so I had heard the music already and was delighted by it. But sometimes artists improvise and even go away from the versions on their CDs. As expected, I was not disappointed. I enjoyed it from beginning to end and recommended to all my friends because, since they hadn't gone to see him perform (ha-ha!) they would be able to listen to this wonderful album. I didn't know all the songs but enjoyed them all because they are great. Bésame mucho is a song that I know since I was little and have heard it sung by many artists before; well, Kenny G managed to aced it and I felt so good I sung it out loud, even in front of my children, that seemed amused by their enthusiastic mother. I strongly recommend this CD, if not because you like this kind of music, because you love jazz and Kenny's sax. I guarantee you that you'll feel like these talented musicians are playing just for you!
3 people found this helpful
on February 10, 2010
This isn't the Kenny G you remember; he's matured, found his groove, and this CD is definitely hot! I heard one of the cuts on a smooth jazz FM station, and had to call to find out who the artist was. Surprised to find out it was Kenny G. I was never much of a fan before, but this collection changed my mind in a big way. Uncork a mellow red wine with your significant other, and this is the one that'll find you dancing up-close-and-personal...and I don't dance! Hot Latin rhythms, smooth and mellow jazz; it's got it all. Be prepared to make a night of it; and often!
on April 16, 2018
Excellent music - some real classics
on May 22, 2016
Kenny G moves smoothly into sambas and other vibes especially from Brazil. As usual he displays his flair for making a piece his own with a twist
on December 28, 2017
Love Kenny's music.
on August 18, 2015
Received CD in excellent condition. Great songs with quality sounds. I enjoy very much listening to the music of Kenny G, which are very easy to listen to . This CD was a very good purchase and very satisfied with it.
on November 28, 2013
I have been a fan of Kenny G for many years now. His mastery of the clarinet and sax are legendary. This album is one of my favorites, and I have nearly all of them. If you like jazz, instrumental soul, or just great music, this is the compilation you should have.
on May 9, 2015
Wanted to get this CD a long time ago and never did. I am glad I finally did. Kenny G is always good. Have lots of his music and I am sure I will have a lot more.
on August 11, 2017
A wonderful CD. I listen to it constantly. Kenny G just gets better and better as the years go forward.