Amazon Vehicles Beauty Return your textbook rentals STEM nav_sap_plcc_ascpsc Limited time offer Wickedly Prime Handmade Wedding Shop Shop Popular Services twinpeaksv2 twinpeaksv2 twinpeaksv2  Introducing Echo Show All-New Fire HD 8, starting at $79.99 Kindle Oasis GNO Spring Savings Event on Amazon.com Ellen

Format: Kindle Edition|Change
Price:$15.99

Showing 1-10 of 75 reviews(Verified Purchases). See all 197 reviews
on January 21, 2016
Best wrestling book I have read to date. A great look back at his career and how it all started. One of those few books that I can't wait to dive into each night. If you are a wrestling fan, this is you book. Heck, if you just like a good story, this is your book. Definite thumbs up!
on December 20, 2015
As a massive Ric Flair fan, I love the stories in this book. He truly is the stylin', profilin', limousine riding, jet flying, kiss-stealing, wheelin' n' dealin' son of a gun! But I'm a little bummed about the WWE stuff and how much love McMahon gets. I get the fact that he's the head of the company that puts the book out, but the second half slows down when it's less "wild stories" and more "why I hate Eric Bischoff and love Vince McMahon."

That said, the stories with Harley Race and Dory Funk Jr. are worth the prices of admission.
on May 8, 2015
I believe Mr Fleir have an honest account of his life in this crazy profession. He was what seemed very honest about his drinking, drug use, and womanizing which I found really made t rest of the book enjoyable as I knew he was not lying to make himself feel good. The ending is rather dry as it is mainly about his family and his end of WCW into WWE days which I really do not care about. But he gies us a good look into the promotional days and the backstage stories surrounding it.
on May 14, 2017
Loved everything about this book. Ric is considered the best and his journey through the wrestling landscape in over forty years illustrates this fact well. Loved the interweaving of first person narrative with interviews of other people in Ric's life. Well-written; well-executed book.
on January 14, 2017
Certainly exceeded expectation. Ordered for a young fan of Ric Flair.
on August 21, 2016
The biography of the gratest wrestler to ever lace up a pair of boots. Great reading. A very candid and revealing work.
on April 15, 2008
I finished reading this book in 2 days I couldn't put it down either. I didn't know that dusty was a booker back then. But I never understood why dusty didn't have the belt longer, I hated that Ric was always champion to me that didn't make sense when I was a kid and it still don't make sense now. The champ was suppose to be the good guy. Well anyway Ric is a legend and ranks No 1. amongst diehard wrestling fans over Hogan, Rock, and Stone Cold I guarantee it. I liked the book but was disspointed at its laziness of time events. IT skipped a lot of details and seemed to just summarize over peroids of his life. For example he never said how he met any of the horsemen, He didn't let us in on him and David talking about him becoming a wrestler. I will tell you the good points and the bad points.

1. His Birth, childhood, and teenage yrs good

2. His training to become a wrestler good

3. His breaking into the wrestling business good

4. His coming up in the ranks in wrestling and guys who were there good

5. His affiliation with the Four horsmen Bad No details at all

6. His affiliation with the popular baby faces and popular heels Bad no insight or detail especially through 84-88 guys like Nakita Koloff, Lugar, Sting, Rock n roll express, Magnum T.A.

At that dissapointment everything else was ok....I do recommed it it's still good. He does talk about wrestlers who I didn't know he had an affiliation with with detail like Rowdy Piper, and others who I'm not that familiar with.

Like I said the book has a sense of urgency like Ric was saying let's hurry up and finish this thing let's keep it kinda short, because if Ric told it all it would probably be around 500-600 pages.
on September 26, 2016
Love you and your beautiful family Ric 😘 Keep it up!! Pete 77
on July 8, 2015
This is a great book and a must read for any wrestling fan. Ric Flair is the greatest wrestler to have ever stepped into the squared circle.
on September 22, 2012
I bought this book with the intention of reading it on an airplane in about a month's time. I ended up finishing it in about 5 days instead because it was so good. Yes, Ric Flair's book is one that should be read by anyone who has even a passing interest in wrestling. His story is brutally honest, humorous, and insightful in many ways. It's a good look into the inner workings of various wrestling groups, like the AWA's interesting business practices, the short sightedness of the NWA, the messes WCW got into, and parts of his WWF/E reigns. He calls out certain wrestlers and praises others, but you can read the book if you want to figure out who they are. Most of them are who you would expect with a few exceptions.

I do have a few complaints but they are not things that can be tied to the book itself. For one, unfortunately this book is rather dated, as it came out in 2004, so a LOT of stuff has been left out. I would love to read about Flair's entire WWE run, and especially his final match with Shawn Michaels, and his more recent and public personal and financial issues, but sadly that is simply not here. Maybe he will release another book (lord knows he could use the money) but until then we only have up to 2003 with this. The other issue I have is that my copy I got for this for my Kindle 3rd Gen was somewhat quirky. Stuff would be in bold that would then end with no real rhyme or reason, there were various spelling errors, and overall it just seems like a somewhat shoddy conversion from text to Kindle.

Overall though none of these issues detract from what is a solid book. If you're a big wrestling fan and you still haven't read this you owe it to yourself to do so ASAP. Sure, here in 2012 the book is not "complete," but it doesn't mean what's been written isn't worth your time.