Truck Reviews Beauty Warlight Men's slip on sneakers nav_sap_plcc_ascpsc Weekly One PCB for select Bang & Olufsen Fire TV Stick Grocery Handmade Personalized Jewelry Shop by look Book a house cleaner for 2 or more hours on Amazon TheGrandTour TheGrandTour TheGrandTour  Echo Fire tablets: Designed for entertainment Kindle Paperwhite GNO Shop now STL18_GNO

on November 8, 2011
The Rich Dad series of books has been very valuable to me over the years. I have gone from having a negative net worth to a positive net worth in the millions, in a span of a few years. Don't think that you'll read this book and then instantly know how to get rich - though. Robert & his partners teach you the fundamental ways of thinking like a rich person, more than give you specific ways to get rich. It's YOUR job to go out and find your niche business or investment, whatever that may be. For me it was a small business that split off into 2 small businesses, and a real estate investment business that has taken off like wildfire. This is definitely worth reading, and the audiobook is great too.
on March 22, 2001
I am a big fan of RK so take this with a grain of salt if you hate the guys guts.
First off, I've been studying money books for almost two years. Most of them were for the middle class which told you to play it safe and diversify. Answers were little and fear was great. Basically, if you had a lot of time, you could at least retire adequately from those books.
So then I found RK last May and what a change! This was exactly what I was looking for: not people who couldn't walk the talk but people who had done it and done it well. Understand that RK and his wife lost most of their money and had to live with a friend (it's in their second or third book) but there's no shame in this per se as some people feel. This guy is basically telling you about his mistakes, at the risk of being attacked, and letting you avoid them.
I've played CASHFLOW 101 about 30 times and moved on to 202 and have played it about a dozen times now. THe group I am with is positive and training their minds to see the invisible. One guy has already started to do r/e deals in Calif and while he is still looking around in a tough market like the Bay Area, he's moving along.
RK's books are really about opening your mind to the possibilities as cliche' as it sounds. Once you decide to specialize in a particular investment vehicle (i.e. real estate, MLMS, stocks, etc), you will need to get the information from other sources.
In RDGTI, RK covers how he got started in investing. Now, some of this information will be out of your league unless you want to become a big time rich person but the most important thing is learning how he thinks. When you know he thinks, that will help you even more so in your future investments.
The important things RK's books do is give you smidgens of various fin. vehicles and, more importantly, teaches you to believe that the possibilities are out there.
Let me stress that again: the possibilities ARE out there. The problem is: most Americans have trained their mind to believe there are very few and they cannot get them so they repeat this vicious circle. That's the biggest problem I've noticed since training my mind and learning.
You've got to believe and you have to start seeing the possibilities: or, seeing the invisible as RK calls it. Once you start doing that, you're on your way.
After this book, check out his audio casette series RICH DAD'S GUIDE TO FINANCIAL LITERACY (advanced) or YOUR FIRST STEPS. You can also check him out at RICHDAD.COM . . .or, you can get these items for less at ebay or your public library or half.com
The important thing isn't so much as where you get it but that you use it, learn it and apply it.
REVISION NOTE AS OF 09/05/03: I am at a loss for words as to why the RK books are getting slammed on Amazon. These are the books I started with two years ago, which inspired me to be more and never work a day job again. Since then, I won't say I haven't lost money but I've made more money and things are only looking up. Additionally, I've gotten involved with a group of other investors, who were all inspired by those books. In fact, if it wasn't for the RK books, I and my other colleagues wouldn't be on our ways to financial freedom.
So, when people slam RK and tell me it doesn't work, I just shake my head and realize that these are people who are living in their delussions. Everyday I'm surrounded by people who have accepted their financial cages and think things are too good to be true. Until they change their perceptions of abundance and money, they will forever be constricted.
I used to think like that and had a dead end day job. Now, I'm making more than ever and, in less than five years, I plan to be financially free.
Good luck to those who keep an open mind.
on November 28, 2004
This book is the third and worst book in the Rich Dad trilogy, and if you believe the title, it will hand you to the secrets of investing. It won't.

This book opens up by taunting you with how the rich get to invest in investments that the majority of us cannot. From there it drifts through wandering narratives, and vague advice on investing. Surprisingly, the bulk of the book focuses on starting a business, with general information on how to take one public.

In almost every repetitive page, the authors give generalized advice and tell you what you need to do, but not how. Among the advice is to read more, learn more, and of course purchase more Rich Dad related products. The authors take every opportunity to pitch the CashFlow board games. Not surprisingly, they follow up with a chapter which focuses on these very board games.

This book, like the others, is repetitive, and regurgitates much of the same information presented in the previous two Rich Dad books. However, this time, there is more, and the wandering commentary is punctuated with notes from Susan.

Moreover, much of the given advice is often conflicting. The author touts that his Rich Dad told him not to work for a paycheck. He states he was even homeless because of his dedication to this principle. Later he says his Rich Dad told him to get a job with Xerox. Rich Dad also said to keep your day job and start a business part time. Much of the information contains conflicting nuggets like that.

Simply stated, most of the book isn't even about investing in stocks or even real estate. It is about vague financial advice for setting up your own company.

And the special investments that the introduction and title allude to? None are explained.

If you want a wandering, verbose book with conflicting advice, purchase this book. Otherwise, there are much better investment books on the market.
38 people found this helpful
|11 comment|Report abuse
on September 2, 2016
Good reading primer for opening the mind to investment possibilities, for the beginner, and further gaining financial intelligence.
on June 16, 2015
One of the best books I've ever had the privilege of reading it changed my entire perspective how money is made and smart ways of how to make it. This was the very first success principle book I ever read and it change my life and thought process completely! Thanks Mr. Kiyosaki for sharing the information I was never taught in school or at home.
on August 15, 2015
I really like this book. It was fun to read. I kept referring back to this book several times. It is very fascinating especially if you are looking for different ways to build wealth.
on September 14, 2005
Some interesting ideas, perhaps, and definitely has me thinking more about finances, so in a sense that's good maybe, but very scarce in practical information. Quoting "Rich Dad" endlessly as if he were the Messiah gets rather tiresome. Guidelines tend to be of the form "You have to make a plan", but then gives no examples of what might go into such a plan (A plan? Gee, why didn't I think of that?). Advertises his other products throughout also, and instead of an index, there's more advertising for (now wait for it) . . . his own products! No harm in that, I suppose; just seems a bit crass.
18 people found this helpful
on November 22, 2016
Exactly as described
on May 7, 2014
The concept is a good idea but a bit outdated in my opinion.We are in a different economic environment now and some of this stuff is easier said then done for the average joe.
on May 30, 2014
This guys making money off of writing crappy books containing poor, unrealistic advice. Want to invest?...don't throw good money after bad books such as this!