Amazon Vehicles Beauty STEM nav_sap_plcc_ascpsc Limited time offer Wickedly Prime Handmade Gifts for Dad Shop Popular Services twinpeaksv2 twinpeaksv2 twinpeaksv2  Introducing Echo Show All-New Fire 7 Kids Edition, starting at $99.99 Kindle Oasis AutoRip in CDs & Vinyl National Bike Month on Amazon Ellen

Format: Paperback|Change

Showing 1-10 of 266 reviews(Verified Purchases). See all 307 reviews
on December 23, 2014
This guy is a Charlatan.

First off this isn’t really a book more of a pamphlet. The last book that I read that was under 100 pages was a children’s book. This book is only 89 pages including the introduction and in addition to that over half the book is dedicated to made-up stories of unsuccessful people.

The accrual point of the book is only 32 pages and it reads like a list that a group of 5th graders would have made up.
Good habits:

1) I will form good habits (obvious)
2) I will set goals and to do lists
3) I will engage in self-improvement (pretty much as goal 1)
4) I will care for my health (obvious)
5) I will work on my relationships
6) I will live in moderation
7) I will accomplish what I set out to do ( Note same thing as goal 2)
8) I will engage in “Rich Thinking”. (Note this is the same as goals 1 & 2)
9) I will save 10% of my income.( no reasoning or proof)
10) I will control my thoughts and emotions.

There is not even one source sited in this book. There is no research done here at all. There are also statements made that he cannot prove such as on pg 63 “Every successful person employs the services of a certified public accountant.” You cannot make statements about things like that unless you can prove them.

By reading my review you have already got everything you could have from this book so you don’t need to waste your money purchasing it.
22 comments| 118 people found this helpful. Was this review helpful to you?YesNoReport abuse
on January 18, 2015
Good very short book. It’s fun to read and compare yourself with the habits of the rich. I enjoyed reading this book and found some useful nuggets.

Rich Habits
- Save 20%
- Don’t gamble (duh)
- Read 30+min a day for self improvement purposes / industry related
- Don’t watch TV/surf internet aimlessly
- Control your emotions
- Volunteer 5 hrs+/month
- Set goals
- Avoid procrastination (Embrace “do it now” affirmation)
- Listen 5x more than talk
- Avoid toxic people
- Don’t give up
- Exercise
- Care about their health and diet
- Set aside limiting beliefs
- Get a mentor
- Have a main purpose
- Invest in relationships (happy bd call, how you doing call, life event call)
on December 19, 2015
I received the book and finished it the same day. Very short read and very short on stats or facts. The principles were great but the story lines made it feel like the author was a salesman. I listened to him on Radical Personal Finance and thats all you need to do! His interview on the podcast is more informative than his book. His principles are on his web site also. He's not a bad guy it's just a bad book.
on July 6, 2016
A short, concise read about successful habits. No fuzz, no fluff, very informative. A very useful book to serve as your daily guide, to read and re-read over and over again until you fully accumulate all the habits into your daily life. Great book!
on December 11, 2013
I'm a bit annoyed that I paid for an entire book, when it's only 89 pages, and 2/3 "It worked for me, so it should work for you too fluff" at that! Honestly, I think it would have made a better "booklet" or magazine article. The 10 simple principles seem sound (stuff like care for your health/goals/relationships, live in moderation, don't procrastinate, etc.) but simple in concept. And it's a bit "preachy" in tone, but I can't say it's bad information; I was just expecting something more.
on August 13, 2015
Awesome book. Read the whole thing on the plane took some great notes and if applied the concepts can really make a positive impact. The principles shared here can be found in almost any book on becoming wealthy and successful, but the author keeps it simple and sweet with clear easy steps to follow. Would recommend to anyone looking to grow personally and professionally.
on June 15, 2015
The book is divided into 3 parts. The first part introduced people whose bad habits ruined their lives and then introduced to Rich Habits program. The second part explains what "Rich Habits" is actually about. Then the third part shows how those people's lives become better by practicing Rich Habits.

Rich Habit explanation part was actually very good -- all useful information you can apply to your life. The stories of those people were supposed to help you understand the core content better but not everyone will find them so intriguing or interesting. I wish the storytelling was more like Malcolm Gladwell's style -- integrate TRUE stories within the content as examples to help make a point of his key ideas. The stories in this book feels fake and that's why they were such a turn off for many people.
on October 31, 2014
I find it lacking in real practical application. The data is interesting but there was no real information on what it means to a person who is looking for how to make the necessary changes to think rich. I thought the information on Goals lacked important information and I actually found the book Strategic Goals: The DNA of Personal Success was a better resource for understanding the process of goal setting and execution.
on October 19, 2016
A very inspiring and practical book on how to be successful in all facets of life. The ten steps aren't anything new but they are a recipe for success if followed. The stories of the characters who struggle but find success by following the steps help the reader relate to the possibilities of following the "process."
on May 8, 2016
I was surprised to see the negative reviews. I found this book refreshing and I liked how it reads like a novel. There is no quick fix for having a successful life. And success isn't just being rich. It is the hard work that goes into every aspect of your life and I think this book helps make you see that. There are no secret formulas and I will remember the stories of the individuals. Even though they are fictional, their situations are like many many real people we know. This book is worth a look. Here is to my next 30 days.