Industrial Deals Beauty MagazinestoInspire STEM nav_sap_plcc_ascpsc Starting at $39.99 Grocery Handmade Wedding Rustic Decor Home Gift Guide Off to College Home Gift Guide Book House Cleaning TheOnlyLivingBoy TheOnlyLivingBoy TheOnlyLivingBoy  Amazon Echo now $99.99 Limited-time offer: All-New Fire 7, starting at $39.99 Kindle Paperwhite uncharted Tailgating STEMClubToys17_gno

Showing 1-10 of 47 reviews(Verified Purchases). See all 99 reviews
on July 6, 2016
Many years ago when I was a hippy, I read Trout Fishing and a couple of other Brautigan's works. At the time, thought they were "cool" but really didn't appreciate them. In my old age have revisited Brautigan and am now much impressed. As is the case with all authors, the complete body of Brautigan's work is not always of consistent quality but some of it is extraordinary and the rest really good literature.
on March 26, 2015
I read this book in my early 20s and wanted to revisit the manuscript. The book came in excellent condition, but more importantly the writing style of Brautigan is still very unique and you experience such an enjoyable journey appreciating a fresh angle describing life's encounters. I highly recommend this book to writers trying to unleash their creative potential.
on August 3, 2010
So I finally decided to try out this Kindle thing and this was the first book I purchased because it's an old favorite. The three books are as good as ever, but the Kindle edition has a lot of typos which I suspect are from a lazy OCR transcription.

Hopefully these things get ironed out eventually, otherwise, going from print to Kindle is like transferring all of your good-quality music CDs to poorer-quality digital files (oh, wait I'm doing that too).

My review of the book: five stars

for the Kindle edition: three stars
on August 8, 2017
reread for me but still a good book if u like brautigan
on July 3, 2016
In Watermelon Sugar (contained) is some of the best prose ever written. The story itself is pretty abstract, but beautiful in it's strange way. Highly recommended.
on January 23, 2017
No explanation necessary - If you're not amused, find something else to do with your time.
on July 10, 2015
You'll be hard-pressed to find anything else quite like it. A unique treasure of American lit.
on September 13, 2004
This is one of three collections of re-released Brautigan. It's the best of the three. TROUT FISHING is his classic. It's unlike anything I've ever read. I felt like someone showed me a new way to use words. A reviewer suggested calling his works "Brautigans," as they're an original artform.

IN WATERMELON SUGAR is my favorite of the eight or so Brautigan's I've read. At once funny, touching, nostalgic, smart, insightful...good stuff.

And THE PILL VS THE SPRING HILL MINE DISASTER is a collection of his poems. To have a collection of his poetry thrown in here with these two fantastic books is just icing on the cake.

Brautigan has been called the last of the Beats. Perhaps he killed the Beat movement by pushing it as far as it would go.
on February 24, 2016
Remembering stories from my youth.
on May 13, 2016