Beauty Summer Reading Introducing Prime Wardrobe nav_sap_plcc_ascpsc Weekly One Introducing Fire TV Cube Grocery Handmade Personalized Jewelry Home and Garden Book a house cleaner for 2 or more hours on Amazon TheGrandTour TheGrandTour TheGrandTour  Echo Fire tablets: Designed for entertainment Kindle Paperwhite GNO Shop now SWMTVT18_gno

on August 27, 2011
For some reason I misread the DVD description and thought there were knife fighting techniques in this video. Apparently, the knife fighting is in vol. 2, but I can't find vol. 2 anywhere. I was really hoping for some knife fighting techniques -- not sure if this DVD was worth the 20-30 dollars, but I enjoyed the fundamental techniques/drills Bustillo goes over in the 45 minute or so video. It's 100% stick fighting.

Even though the packaging says it's copyright 2006, this video looks like it was made in the 90s and the DVD appears to be a VHS transfer in 4:3, not 16:9, so if you have a 16:9 TV, the image will be stretched out or you'll have to change your TV's aspect ratio.

I'm not complaining about the content of the video, though. Bustillo is clear, concise, and goes through all of his moves slowly.

Decent workout video for stick fighting, but I probably would never buy something like this again, unless it was under $10, or had content over 45 minutes.
4 people found this helpful
|11 comment|Report abuse
on November 12, 2010
Excellent DVD that gives you exactly what it advertises. You won't find tons of sinawali drills in this video but unlike others that skip throught the fundamentals of Kali and go straight for the fun stuff. It is really great. Guro Bustillo starts like most Kali classes should with the proper warm up, spinning drills, behind the back exchanges, the 12 angles of attach and counters, etc. If your just getting into Kali or feel you need to work on your fundamentals I would definetly recommend this DVD.
11 people found this helpful
on May 19, 2013
I tried some books and a video by what appears to be a popular instructor, but this is the one that broke it down for me. I even bought copies for my young adult kids so they could do some "stick" exercises.

I haven't finished the DVD, but I am VERY happy with my purchase. I hope Sifu Richard publishes more DVD's.
2 people found this helpful
on April 28, 2014
The video is clear and the explanation of trapping technique is very informative. I wish there was a series of videos.
on December 2, 2014
Basic Stick Practice. Very good in the teaching concept.
on July 24, 2014
You rock. I want more on sticks, then on knives. Please tell this man I hope to bow before him someday as to give him honor or a perfect, simple, understandable lesson. I sent back the other tapes. So, now I'm your fan, and your my Hero. I've been in Kenpo for twenty years and I loved how you showed the whole body, as to show form, and the perfect amount of repeating the move:Rock on!
on February 24, 2009
One of the most easy to learn videos on escrima great drills foot work and instruction and besides and one that studied under the great Bruce Lee is someone to pay attention to . I dont need to say anymore
2 people found this helpful
|22 comments|Report abuse
on January 14, 2012
Not worth it. It does not flow very well. You will not get much out of this. Not at all what I was expecting. I was expecting an actual workout that would assist with escrima techniques that you could work on, on your own. This was just like a long demo CD. Don't bother.
3 people found this helpful