Amazon.com: Customer Reviews: Richard Scarry's Best Silly Stories and Songs Video Ever!
Your Garage Up to 80 Percent Off Textbooks Amazon Fashion Learn more nav_sap_plcc_ascpsc $5 Albums Fire TV Stick Health, Household and Grocery Back to School Totes Amazon Cash Back Offer PilotWave7B PilotWave7B PilotWave7B  Amazon Echo  Echo Dot  Amazon Tap  Echo Dot  Amazon Tap  Amazon Echo Starting at $49.99 All-New Kindle Oasis DollyParton Shop Now

on February 2, 1999
A great early childhood video. It was the first thing my 21-month old twins took an interest in outside of Teletubbies (and it was a welcome change). Huckle Cat and Lowly Worm go to the library to get a book. There is a song about the library and then Huckle chooses a book of silly stories. He and Lowly proceed to a shady spot under a tree and read three clever "silly stories" which contain a message or two (stop, look and listen). Definitely recommend for kids 18 months through preschool.
on April 12, 2002
My wife and I first found this at the video store and I'm ordering it along with the Best Learning Songs Ever. I remember fondly the books from childhood and was pleased to see the stories and art are just as fun as ever. Our 2 year old sits entranced. If you're like us you end up listening to and memorizing all your toddler's videos. This video is easy to hear and see over and over, and is a great break from that wonderful, but high-pitched and hyper entertainer, Elmo.
on February 24, 2006
My 4 year old son loves these videos, we had owned all but this one. He watches this one over and over because the stories in this video are in his books, so now he sees them 'come to life' on tv. Highly recommend these videos as they contain nice gentle songs and dialogue. Very relaxing to watch for my son and not annoying for me.
on November 9, 2006
This is one of the best children's videos that we have. Our three year old grandson loves the characters and sits quietly while watching it. It is excellent for pre bedtime or anytime he needs to rest. The songs are memorable and the little characters are sweet and polite.
on March 21, 2008
I recently purchased the following videos: Best ABC Video, Best Counting Video, Best Learning Songs, Best Silly Stories & Songs, Best Busy People. These videos are all about 15-20 years old (release date) and I had my reservations as to whether my 3 year old would like them, as he is very stuck on his LeapFrog letter and words videos (which I also love). When I first viewed all of these, I realized that they are made with very simple animation, similar to when I was young. These videos are extremely charming and sweet. My son instantly loved them and has asked to view them repeatedly. It was nice to have a video with the actual alphabet song, as the LeapFrog letter factory does not have it. The counting video is also helpful in that it counts to 20 rather than 10 as other videos do. He enjoys the silly stories and laughs at all the videos. It is nice to know that kids can still enjoy classics such as these. I am very pleased with them. I also paid less than $1 or $2 for each of them (plus shipping). A bargain!
on August 24, 2013
soooo sweet! the tunes are very catchy...my five year old is still singing these songs!..lol. quality of product was great and so was packaging delivery. Super happy with my purchase!
on November 30, 2012
The price is right but there's hardly anything on this video.

On the plus side, it's the old-school quiet Richard Scarry animation, not the annoying Busytown series.
on July 10, 2005
Both my kids love this DVD. It appeals to ages 1-7 and keeps them happy and quiet for a long time. Yeah!
on May 15, 2014
based on the books
not very boring at all
education mixed with cute stories and songs
i think it is worth the price
on May 4, 2003
I started out by buying Richard Scarry's counting DVD. I loved it so much, I bought all the rest (minus the nursery rhymes DVD). My 2-year-old son really enjoys watching the movie, as does my 6-month-old daughter. I personally enjoy the DVD and its innocence. I like that it is simple yet captivating for them. It really holds their attention. I tend to be pretty particular when it comes to movies for my children, making sure they don't teach any bad habits and that it doesn't teach anything contrary to the Bible. I was very pleased to see there wasn't any reference to magic, fairies, etc, as many things tend to include such references these days.