Enter your mobile number or email address below and we'll send you a link to download the free Kindle App. Then you can start reading Kindle books on your smartphone, tablet, or computer - no Kindle device required.
To get the free app, enter your mobile phone number.
Other Sellers on Amazon
+ $3.99 shipping
+ Free Shipping
+ $3.99 shipping
Rick Steves Scandinavia Paperback – June 23, 2015
|New from||Used from|
See the Best Books of 2017 So Far
Looking for something great to read? Browse our editors' picks for the best books of the year so far in fiction, nonfiction, mysteries, children's books, and much more.
Frequently bought together
Customers who bought this item also bought
About the Author
Browse award-winning titles. See more
Top customer reviews
I bought the ebook version which was very convenient on both phone and tablet, the only disadvantage being that you have to browse quite a bit between the city walk maps and the (very informative) written description.
Places described in this guide book:
- Near Copenhagen (Roskilde and a few other sights)
- Central Denmark (Ærø, Ærøskøbing, Odense)
- Jutland (Aarhus, Legoland, Jelling, Himmelbjerget, Silkeborg (but oddly enough no mention is made of the main sight of the town, the Silkeborg Museum with the naturally mummified corpse of the Tollund man), Ribe)
- A tour suggestion via Flåm, Aurland and the Undredal
- Gudbrandsdal Valley and Jotunheimen Mountains
- South Norway (Stavanger, Setesdal, Hovden, Kristiansand)
- Near Stockholm (Sigtuna, Uppsala)
- Stockholm's Archipelago
- Southeast Sweden (Växjö, Glass Country, Kalmar, Öland)
I wish it included more cities and locations in the whole of Sweden, other than just the South Eastern portion and Stockholm. The country is huge!!!!!!! Also, saying "I don't really like the countryside because, well, I'm Norwegian," isn't very professional. I know you're "kidding", but as a 1/2 Swede, I also know that you're not. lol.
Suggetion would be a "sweden" book of its own, Including Gothenburg and hamlets, islands, etc., on the Western coast of Sweden; more towns, cities, explorations, etc. along the Eastern coast (Bosthnia Coast), Central Sweden-- the heartlands (Dalarna, Ostersund, etc.), and maybe even Northern.
Also, I'm going to Vilnius, Lithuania as well, and although you have Helsinki and Tallinn in this book (even though they're NOT Scandinavia countries either), there's nothing on Vilnius, and I can't find any other publications you have made in the recent past on Vilnius or the Baltics... the last one was published around 1998 and is totally outdated!
Youre information and resouces are SO good when you cover towns... how about covering more of Sweden and making a Sweden book, and also updating your Baltics book. Thank you, Rick Steves!!!