Amazon.com: Customer Reviews: Ricky Gervais Out of England: The Stand-up Special
Your Garage Buy 2 kids' books and save Amazon Fashion Learn more nav_sap_plcc_ascpsc Songs of Summer Fire TV Stick Totes Amazon Cash Back Offer PilotWave7B PilotWave7B PilotWave7B  Amazon Echo  Echo Dot  Amazon Tap  Echo Dot  Amazon Tap  Amazon Echo Starting at $49.99 All-New Kindle Oasis Shop Now

on January 15, 2009
I watched this special on HBO over Thanksgiving 2008, and it was one of the funniest acts I have seen in awhile. I would consider Ricky Gervais on the fast track to one of the best comedians ever. His humor while edgy at times, is extremely clever. I am a huge fan of George Carlin (R.I.P.), Larry Miller, and Bill Cosby, and Ricky Gervais can entertain using anyone of the styles used by these comedians. Some parts you don't watch this with your children or grandmother and others are perfectly fine for anyone. This is one is on my list of must haves.
on January 3, 2009
The show has some real highligths; "Best Leaflet" being one, and the production quality is great. It was recorded in New York in 2008 but quite a bit of the contentis the same as "Ricky Gervais Live 3 - Fame [2007]" (recorded in the UK).
on July 9, 2013
..... hysterical. I love the british comedians. Benny Hill & Monty Python started it all for me.

Tho Ricky Gervais can have quite the "potty" mouth his materials are intended for mature audiences and not for children. There are no boundaries for this funny man and nothing is held back.

He expresses his views on many a topic with the funniest of ides.

Highly recommend to adults who can enjoy this refreshing man from the UK.

:~)
on April 25, 2009
Ricky Gervais is a comedian who is not afraid to push the boundaries of good taste.

In this 72-minute special, filmed during his successful tour of the United States, the British funnyman not only pokes fun at charities that help the mentally and physically challenged, but also the Holocaust.

The amazing thing is that you find yourself laughing out loud, sometimes uncontrollably, at the humor Gervais finds in these ordinarily taboo subjects.

He also does extended hilarious routines on the male sexual organ and even Humpty Dumpty.

Gervais is, indeed, one of the funniest comedians of this generation.

Included on the DVD is a conversation with Gervais.

© Michael B. Druxman
on April 11, 2013
Ricky Gervais is one funny guy, can't wait for his second DVD to come out. Saw number 2 show on HBO, then found out its for preorder, then found show #1 and gave it a try, just as good as the HBO show #2 when I played it.
so far have watched about 10 or more times, doesn't get old, so far, to watch
on January 30, 2012
We watched this three times in a row the first night we got it. He's raw, he doesn't hold back and if you like that kind of thing, you'll laugh... a lot. And then you'll watch it again and laugh some more. He doesn't hold back - He picks on everyone and everything including kids with cancer and obese people. It's Ricky - It's what you have come to expect from him. He's now on my list of those I need to see live after watching this DVD.
on May 1, 2016
This was ... Mildly funny. Should have been free with Prime, especially considering how old it is! But I figured we would give it a try. I just assumed it was $3.99 like the other movies and didn't pay attention to the cost - had I seen the $9.99 cost there's no way I would have ordered it! Now that I see I paid that much for it, I am shocked!! Just YouTube it for free and spend your money on 2 other good movies. Absolutely ridiculous!!
on January 10, 2011
Keeping this review short and sweet. Ricky is hilarious and delivers one of his best stand ups ever. His deliver is so genuine and you get a bit of his character from The Office. Awkward at times but can be a bit cocky when joking on people. I was laughing hard the whole way through and love the fact he called the US a "third world country". Highly recommended.
on April 21, 2009
I actually attended this show last year and was very disappointed that it is just the best bits from his 3 other stand-up DVDs (Animals, Politics and Fame). If you've seen those, then there is no reason to buy this DVD. If you haven't, well then I'd recommend you get the other 3 indiviually rather than this 'Greatest Hits'.
on February 26, 2013
Ricky Gervais delivers a truthful and hilarious show. Most of his subjects are considered taboo for comedy, but Gervais delivers a wonderful comedic show. I would recommend to anyone needing a good laugh!