Ride Along (Blu-ray + DVD + DIGITAL HD with UltraViolet)
Frequently bought together
For the past two years, high school security guard Ben (Kevin Hart) has been trying to show decorated detective James (Ice Cube) that he's more than just a video game junkie who's unworthy of James' sister. When Ben finally gets accepted into the police academy, James invites him on a ride-along designed to scare the hell out of him and ultimately demonstrate if Ben has what it takes to take care of his sister. But when the wild night leads them to the most notorious criminal in the city, James will find that his new partner's rapid-fire mouth is just as dangerous as the bullets speeding at it. Also starring John Leguizamo and Laurence Fishburne, Ride Along is an action-packed comedy with big thrills and even bigger laughs.
- Aspect Ratio : 2.40:1
- Is Discontinued By Manufacturer : No
- MPAA rating : s_medPG13 PG-13 (Parents Strongly Cautioned)
- Product Dimensions : 6.75 x 5.3 x 0.45 inches; 3.2 Ounces
- Item model number : 29093396
- Director : Tim Story
- Media Format : Multiple Formats, Blu-ray, Ultraviolet, Color, Widescreen, Ultraviolet, Digital_copy
- Run time : 1 hour and 40 minutes
- Release date : April 15, 2014
- Actors : Ice Cube, Kevin Hart, John Leguizamo, Bruce McGill, Tika Sumpter
- Subtitles: : French, Spanish
- Producers : Will Packer, Ice Cube, Matt Alvarez, Larry Brezner
- Language : English (Dolby Digital 5.1), Spanish (Dolby Digital 5.1), English (Dolby Digital 2.0 Stereo), English (DTS-HD Master Audio 5.1), Spanish (DTS 5.1)
- Studio : Universal Pictures Home Entertainment
- ASIN : B00HX1FD5Q
- Writers : Greg Coolidge, Jason Mantzoukas, Phil Hay, Matt Manfredi
- Number of discs : 2
- Best Sellers Rank: #28,120 in Movies & TV (See Top 100 in Movies & TV)
- Customer Reviews:
Top reviews from the United States
There was a problem filtering reviews right now. Please try again later.
A quick summary of the film: Kevin Hart wants to prove that he is man enough to marry Ice Cube's sister. Ice Cube plays a police officer so Kevin Hart decides he will go on a Ride Along to prove himself and also test his own aspirations of being a cop. The movie also stars Laurence Fishburne and John Leguizamo. I would love to see a sequel on this one.
I am sure many detractors will say that 21 Jump Street - and now 22 Jump Street - were funnier, but I felt the dialogue and sequences in those films were too predicatable. I know that was part of the humor and intention, but then why am I paying for a movie I can completely predict? Also 22 Jump Street was just a lazy sequel.
(*ie Paul Blart with Kevin James, The Other Guys with Will Ferrel, Observe and Report with Seth Rogan, etc)
And to answer those who say, "that is who he is". I understand that his persona is a "Tough Guy", but lets all be realistic... Would you spend all day watching that and not get annoyed at some point?
Anyway on to more review... I really think Kevin Hart can be funny, but I guess I would have toned down the bravado of I'm gonna prove I am a "Tough Guy" under tone of the movie as it started to make the show very unrealistic to me.
So in the end, I give it only two stars. I walked away from this with the opinion that I would rather watch another 'Rush Hour' movie than this one at all.
This is that movie.
Ice Cube is flat out horrible in this movie. He is an angry cop and that means he talks tough and scowls throughout the entire movie. Boring as hell.
I have seen Ice Cub in many movies and really like what he did with his character. Not this time!
Kevin Hart. People say he is funny and I am willing to see another movie of his, but he was not that funny in this movie. Maybe he was trying to save the movie, but he over did everything to the point of ridiculous.
The plot is predictable and the gags are all, "Me too" seen it done it before.
Kevin Hart should really just do stand up and Ice cube should stick to the "Friday"series if he insists on acting.He is definitely no Will Smith.