Industrial Deals Beauty Save up to 90% on textbooks STEM nav_sap_plcc_ascpsc PCB for Musical Instruments Starting at $39.99 Grocery Handmade Wedding Rustic Decor Home Gift Guide Off to College Home Gift Guide Book House Cleaning TheOnlyLivingBoy TheOnlyLivingBoy TheOnlyLivingBoy  Amazon Echo now $99.99 Limited-time offer: All-New Fire 7, starting at $39.99 Kindle Paperwhite uncharted Tailgating STEMClubToys17_gno

Showing 1-10 of 331 reviews(Verified Purchases). See all 1,201 reviews
on May 5, 2016
This is my favorite Metallica album, so this was a no brainer for me. I was very happy when I received these 2 (I got Kill Em All too) deluxe sets in the mail. The packaging is sturdy, the artwork is simple and looks good and nothing feels cheap. The included book of photos and essays from people there in the beginning is amazing.

As for the musical content, if you love early live Metallica then you will love this. Non-stop balls to the wall. The live DVD included is great as well. If you're a die-hard Metallica fan, and can afford the $135 price tag, I highly recommend both sets.

The actual album remaster sounds fantastic too, breathes a whole new life into my favorite Metallica album.
on July 16, 2017
If you care about sound quality the Blackened pressings on vinyl just don't cut it for me. I don't get why they can't replicate the sound quality that they had back in the 80's. Still an amazing album, but I don't recommend any of the blackened repressings.
on May 8, 2014
Ride the Lightning is the second studio album Metallica through the independent record label Megaforce Records \m/ This record is a tour deforce of great metal no throw away songs here. Ride the Lightning is the last Metallica album to credit former lead guitarist, Dave Mustaine, with co-writing any songs and the first time that the lead guitarist, Kirk Hammett, is given writing credits. Stand out songs Fde to Black For Whom the Bell Tolls. This is a must have album for all metal fans!!
Track listing:
6. "Escape" Hetfield, Hammett, Ulrich 4:23
7. "Creeping Death" Hetfield, Burton, Hammett, Ulrich 6:36
8. "The Call of Ktulu" (Instrumental) Hetfield, Mustaine, Burton, Ulrich 8:53
on April 22, 2016
Since Amazon has lumped the Elektra CD release of this album i must specify which release i am reviewing. I am reviewing the 2000 24 karat Gold CD edition of Ride the Lightening remastered by Steve Hoffman. This is a Mobile Fidelity Sound Lab release just so people know. I own a few of their Miles Davis LP's remasters which sound amazing. Now back on track i have owned and played the hell out of Ride the Lightening (1995) CD put out by Elektra. While that version sounds good the 2000 Hoffman remaster blows any other CD edition out of the water. The album just has more life organic sound and does not sound harsh or filtered. The source material Mr. Hoffman worked on this release with was the original master tapes of the album. While the 1995 CD edition of RTL does not sound much different from the original vinyl version it did go through digital filtering possibly noise reduction and a few other things. My reason for buying this version was i had heard Metallica had remastered Ride the Lightening again and were releasing a box set for the album. After hearing the sound on the album in that box had fallen victim to the loudness war i searched for an alternative. Snagging a decently priced copy of this long out of print remaster was luck on my part. All i have to say is if you care about sound stay far away from the RTL (2016 box set) it has nice extras which are tempting but yeah this 2000 MFSL Steve Hoffman remaster is the way to go. Best sounding version of RTL in my humble opinion.
on July 2, 2013
I don't have too much to add to the myriad 5 star reviews. If for some reason you are on the fence about buying this album, just buy it. It starts out with three fantastic metal songs and just gets better and better. The final song on this album creates an entirely new type of music, combining metal with classical music in an instrumental that will blow your mind. It's hard to believe an album like this was made by mortals. Arguably the best album ever, not just metal, but all rock.
on July 21, 2013
So, I know that the vinyl copies of this have been getting a bad-rep. I was so pleased with the Kill 'Em All 45 RPM series, that I decided to grab RTL and MOP.

I think the negative reviews are for the 33 RPM version of this reissue. It must be, because my 45 RPM set of RTL sounds pretty good! Overall, I'm happy with this purchase. That gatefold sleeve is very well-done and heavy-duty, too. If you want a great copy of this record on vinyl, look no further. Get the 2 LP 45 RPM copy, NOT the 1 LP 33 RPM copy!

However, my original Elektra is a bit brighter, the dynamics are apparent and in-your-face, and James' vocals are right up front. In this 45 RPM mix, everything is a bit more subdued. However, I don't get any inner-groove distortion with these 45 RPM records. So, it is a trade-off for me at least.
on January 9, 2015
Absolutely amazing album from Metallica and probably my 2nd favorite album from them. My favorite album is ...And Justice For All.

All the songs on here are excellent, absolutely amazing! Except Escape. Escape to me is not really good. But the other really underrated song is Trapped Under Ice, great song. The main riff in that song, will make you jizz your pants.

Anyway, this is one of the greatest albums from Metallica, ever. A must buy, whether you're a thrash metal or Metallica fan.
on March 31, 2017
It's Ride the Lightning. Of course it gets five stars. Even if you don't like Metallica, you love this album.
on June 20, 2017
One of the most important records of my high school years; it's so sweet to get it remastered on 180-gram vinyl. Not an everyday record for this old guy anymore, but it's a real treat every now and then!

\m/ \m/
on June 25, 2017
great pressing, sound is awesome. what a fantastic album!