Hill Climb Racing 2 Industrial Deals Beauty Little FIres Everywhere Shop new men's suiting nav_sap_hiltonhonors_launch Learn more about Amazon Music Unlimited Get 10% cashback on thousands of musical instruments with your Amazon.com Store Credit Card Starting at $39.99 Grocery Handmade Tote Bags Book a house cleaner for 2 or more hours on Amazon Transparent Transparent Transparent  Introducing Echo Show Introducing All-New Fire HD 10 with Alexa hands-free $149.99 Kindle Oasis, unlike any Kindle you've ever held Trade in. Get paid. Go shopping. Tailgating FFII_gno

Showing 1-10 of 19 reviews(Verified Purchases). See all 42 reviews
on February 26, 2015
Used to have this on vinyl, so I wanted to see what I've been missing for these past 35 years. Although REO is known for Kevin Cronin's voice, when Ridin' the Storm Out and 157 Riverside Ave (not on this album) came out, it was this lead singer who I Iistened to in my high school and jr high years. Still pretty good, and I wasn't aware till I read the credits that Gary Richrath (guitar) wrote so many of their songs. Glad I got it.
on May 12, 2015
I have been looking for this album for over 30 years! You can't imagine the emotion that welled up inside me when I heard Mike Murphy sing Ridin' the Storm Out again. It was like coming home.

If for no other reason, buy this album to hear the way the title song was supposed to be done! The other songs on the album are also winners! Thanks Amazon for bringing back the memories.
on July 22, 2015
Everyone seems prefer Kevin Cronin, but I really like Michael Murphy's voice. If you want the "real" deal, Ride the original storm out!
on December 21, 2013
I admit it; I bought this album specifically to get the original version of the title song, "Ridin' the Storm Out." The synthesizer riff that starts off the song is an absolute classic, and it's one of the rare songs that really needs the synthesizer and integrates it excellently well with the rest of the music. (See also "Never Beeen Any Reason" by Head East for another great synthesizer part.) Yeah, I occasionally listen to the other songs, but "Ridin' the Storm Out" is so good that it justifies getting the album just for that one song.
on April 8, 2017
The first very good recording from REO. Joe Walsh playing on a few of the tracks doesn't hurt for sure.
on February 12, 2017
One of my favorite bands. Love it.
on January 25, 2014
I purchased this for two songs. "Without Expression" and "Ridin' the Storm Out". This album in my opinion is the best of REO. I like a lot of REO but this brings me back to my time.
on July 9, 2015
I saw reo in concert in San Bernardino when the album first came out. After having the album on vinyl, it was great to flash back to those times with this great band.
on July 25, 2017