Bubble Witch Saga 3 Industrial Deals Enlightenment Now Red Shoes We Love nav_sap_plcc_ascpsc Stream your favorites. Amazon music Unlimited. Learn more. All-New Fire 7, starting at $49.99 Starting at $39.99 Grocery Handmade Gift Shop Book a house cleaner for 2 or more hours on Amazon Thor: Ragnarok available to buy Thor: Ragnarok available to buy Thor: Ragnarok available to buy  Three new members of the Echo family Fire HD 8, starting at $79.99 Kindle Paperwhite Game of Thrones: The Complete Seasons 1-7 now available on Blu-ray and DVD Shop now TG18_gno

on July 3, 2012
I bought this CD just for the ,Right Stuff themes. I had downloaded the original sound track from Apples I Tunes which is a much better CD but one of the tracks didn't download completly so since the same CD was only avalible from Amazon for around 200$ ,(they only had one left) I thought I'd try this one.
Why they put the theme music from North and South on this CD is beyond me.I wish someone would remake the much better original sound track ,after they came out with the movie Gettysburgh ,there is no comparison with North and South, in other words North and South ,(just my opinon) is terrible.And whats the Civil War have to do with space?
The first part (the Right Stuff) isn't bad but the original sound track is much better,I just wish the one track had downloaded compleatly from I Tunes, maybe when I get the money I'll try again ,but would rather buy it on a CD.
So bottom line is ,I'll never listen to the North and South part of this CD so it's kind of a waste. I'am sure there is a market for the full original sound track if only someone would do a remake.
Sorry for any mispelled words.
on May 16, 2017
Definitely the Right Stuff!!!!!
on July 1, 2012
I purchased the CD to obtain the soundtrack of "The Right Stuff", and ended up with an added bonus of Bill Conti's "North and South". The music from the "Right Stuff" is simply extraordinary; it literally soars! The most famous theme is found as 'Yeager's Triumph'. The book by Tom Wolf coupled with the Bill Conti music underpinned the movie...so buy the music and see if you agree. I am confident that you will.
on April 12, 2001
This is a truly remarkable album. It includes tracks from to now legendary film pieces. The first five tracks, which are from THE RIGHT STUFF, are very well-written, full of triumph, imagination, and adventure. Bill Conti deserved the Oscar he won for Best Original Score. Still, I wish they'd release a CD with all the tracks from the film. The other seven tracks are from the TV miniseries NORTH AND SOUTH, which is, in my opinion, the best TV mini-series ever made. I was drawn in immeadiately by its music. I hope that they do the right thing, and release both film scores seperately on CD. If you liked both THE RIGHT STUFF and NORTH AND SOUTH, then by this album. You'll love it! I guarantee it! You'll love it 100%! Grade: A+
on January 3, 2009
If only this was the COMPLETE score for THE RIGHT STUFF, then my joy would be complete! Still, both sets of Conti's music are breathtaking, and joyous for a lover of soundtracks to hear. For anyone who enjoys outstanding film music, this is a must.

Now, please, please, please . . the entire version of THE RIGHT STUFF.
on June 23, 2013
I didn't care much for anything but the music from North and South. I should have got just that but it was $90 something. Too expensive for me. I didn't care for The Right Stuff.
on March 18, 2014
I've been looking for the North and South theme music for decades and The Right Stuff was a nice bonus!
on February 20, 2002
As an 80s fan of The Right Stuff and North and South, it took me 17 years to find this album. The child in me loves the selection. It makes me feel nostalgic for these wonderful movies with their accompanying excellent scores. Unfortunately, the music has not been remastered and the music sounds distant and at times hissy.
on November 1, 2002
Like others who have reviewed this, I was expecting to get the entire score from the movie "The Right Stuff." Well, we do get five gems that Bill Conti created, so that's something....
But, I would love to see a CD of the entire score, which contained some wonderful classical pieces that really worked well with the movie.
As a WHOLE (not just the Bill Conti pieces), the score to this movie was one of the very best movie scores of all time, fitting the action admirably, and I'd like the entire thing!
(For me, the rest of the CD, the score to "North and South," just didn't measure up to "The Right Stuff." Seemed tired and trite in comparison.)
I was an admirer of The Right Stuff's score for years, and constantly frustrated by the fact that I couldn't find the complete soundtrack to it. I bought this version through a catalog, and was pretty disappointed by it. It's a symphonic suite, in the same way that the "Victory at Sea" suite compresses 100's of minutes of music into 15 minutes - the themes are there, but the composition just ain't. If you really like the score, it's still worth the purchase, but don't even bother to listen to the North and South stuff. Five years ago, riding in my car on the way to work I happened to have the classical station on and I nearly choked on my coffee to hear what I thought was the most memorable musical sequence from the John Glenn orbit scene. I turned the volume WAY UP, and enjoyed it tremendously. At the end, I found that I had been listening to Holst's "The Planets", specifically, "Jupiter". I later found that The Right Stuff incorporates Holst in other parts of the movie. If you're a fan, I suggest you buy one of the many versions of "The Planets" that's out there, and pay special attention to "Mars" and "Jupiter". It's a nice complement to this CD, and fills some of the gaps. There are several compositions in it that have nothing to do with the movie, but it's a classic, and well worth the 12 bucks you'll spend on it.