Amazon.com: Customer Reviews: Right on Time
Amazon Vehicles Back to School Amazon Fashion Learn more Discover it Chris Staples Fire TV Stick Totes Amazon Cash Back Offer ElvisandNixon ElvisandNixon ElvisandNixon  Amazon Echo  Echo Dot  Amazon Tap  Echo Dot  Amazon Tap  Amazon Echo Starting at $49.99 All-New Kindle Oasis AutoRip in CDs & Vinyl Shop Now

96%
Format: Audio CD|Change

on September 23, 1999
Hepcat is my all time favorite Ska band. Ever since I heard their first album, Out of Nowhere (which for some reason Amazon.com doesn't offer) they have captured my imagination. Right On Time is an incredible addition to their fantastic trad-ska sound. Their brilliance evolves with each album.
on January 25, 2002
I was flipping through the channels one night and flipped past a Music Video. Something about it made me switch back. It was the Video for Hepcat's "No Worries". By the end of the Video I was hooked on the song. I spent the next several days trying to find the CD. I finally found a record shop in Redbank New Jersey that had the CD.
I was shocked they even knew who Hepcat was. I soon found out that this was one great band. I'm still addicted to "No Worries", and can't help dancing and singing when I hear it, but the rest of the CD is excellent also. This is one Cd that is well worth it's price.
on March 3, 2001
This album is definitely my favorite out of my collection. Its soulful melodies, talented instrumentals and lighthearted lyrics will brighten up your day. This album also has many instrumentals, which is my favorite aspect of Hepcat's music. Tommy's Song, Pharoahs Dream, and Baby Blues are the ultimate relaxation songs! So go and get this album, play it on a sunny day and drift away to the shores of Kingston and Montego Bay!
on January 22, 1999
Hepcat are one of the best ska bands out there. They play 60's style reggae that makes you want to move. Amazing instrumentals are put in between songs with some great singing by all three of Hepcat's vocalists. If you only buy one album this should definitely be it.
on November 4, 1998
This CD is amazing, of course if it is coming from an amazing band like this. They still keep the Jamican roots which most "newer" ska bands lack of. If you buy anything of Hepcat's you will be sure to have a smile on your face.
on July 24, 2007
This is what I'm talking about! Hepcat is a great 'ska' band and this is one of their better albums. This albums grooves from the openning intro right through the closing number. The band is tight, the vocal harmonies are great, and they mix of styles from ska to rock steady to Carribean to whatever. If you have to label them then label them really really good.

This is one of those CD's that defined a summer for me. I just could not get it out of the CD from the moment I bought it until several months later. Ska fans, music fans, anyone with a pulse will enjoy this album.
on November 24, 1999
As a ska fan I don't know what to say about this album. As a music listener I loved it. I can listen to this one all day (believe me I have) and never get sick of it. From the beginnig to the end this album gives you a kind of want to get up, dance, move to Jamaica, and live on the beach for the rest of your life. If you're into the current ska trend (i.e. Bosstones, Reel Big Fish, etc.) and want a disc where you can sit back and enjoy, buy this. If you're into reagge, buy it. If you're into Jazz, buy it. If you're into Old-School ska (Skatelites) DEFINITLY! This is the best C.D. of that year, scratch that EVER! It's too bad they were missed by the major portion of the population, but for those of us who know, "Keep on, keepin' on". Mabey next time boys! It's all about ROOTS!
on December 21, 1999
Hepcat continues to amaze me! One of the only bands out there that succesfully blends jazz, reggae, and old school ska. This band is well underated, and 5 stars is not nearly enough to say exactly how I feel about this particular recording. It's feel-good music, and something that everyone can agree on. The perfect blend of music for that pub you're pouring a beer in. You can't help but want to know the lyrics. Not only are they professional and put together with true feeling, but the voice Alex uses is perfect for the music. I think this music is perfect for anybody who wants a big change. Anyone who needs a change. For those who are open, and close minded. Guaranteed to sit in your CD player for weeks on end!
on August 12, 1999
kids, odds are you have some musical class, come on guys the OC punk ska deal is cool and all, but when your feet are ready to bounce instead of run into someone in the pit...check this CD out its a traditional ska album, the kind of ska thats tough to hear on the radio cause its slow and associates itself with jazz and reagae instead of skas associate punk, and like the titile says, "its right on time"... so when your tastes buds are looking for a change check it out, odds are you'll like it...max
on January 10, 1999
I rate Hepcat 2nd to the Specials as one of the greatest SKA bands ever. I saw them at Vans Warped in Sydney Australia, and everyone (this is an age group of 13 - 25 year olds mind you)was blown away by them. Greg Lee (lead vocals) must be one of the coolest vocalists and dancers around. "Right on Time" is THE best traditional SKA album of the 90's.
11 comment|Was this review helpful to you?YesNoReport abuse