|Item Weight||8.6 pounds|
|Product Dimensions||14 x 12 x 6 inches|
|Item model number||100S30|
|Manufacturer Part Number||100S30|
Other Sellers on Amazon
+ Free Shipping
+ Free Shipping
Rightline Gear 100S30 Sport 3 Car Top Carrier, 18 cu ft, Waterproof, Attaches With or Without Roof Rack
- Enter your model number to make sure this fits.
- Capacity: 18 cu ft. Dimensions: 48" L x 40" W x 14-19" H
- Aerodynamically designed for SUVs and minivans, WITH or WITHOUT a roof rack
- 100% Waterproof with Dual Seam Technology – sewn for strength/welded waterproof
- ZipRight System; a urethane coated zipper located on the protective zipper flap
- Includes: carrier, (4) attachment straps, (4) car clips, and stuff sack with sewn-in set up guide
Frequently bought together
Customers who bought this item also bought
Customers who viewed this item also viewed
Compare with similar items
Rightline Gear 100650 Non-Skid Roof Pad for Soft Car Top Carriers
Rightline Gear 100B90 Cargo Saddlebag
Thule 869 Interstate Cargo Bag, 16 cu. Ft.
Thule 868 Outbound Cargo Bag, 13 cu. Ft.
AutobotUSA Heavy Duty UNIVERSAL BLACK WATERPROOF ROOF TOP CARGO CARRIER BAG TRAVEL LUGGAGE STORAGE
|Shipping||FREE Shipping||FREE Shipping||FREE Shipping||FREE Shipping||FREE Shipping||FREE Shipping|
|Item Dimensions||12 x 14 x 6 in||12 x 14 x 6 in||10 x 25 x 5 in||38 x 40 x 18 in||8 x 17 x 10 in||10 x 15 x 7 in|
|Item Weight||8.6 lbs||1.2 lbs||10.3 lbs||8.44 lbs||6 lbs||4.8 lbs|
Have a question?
Find answers in product info, Q&As, reviews
Please make sure that you are posting in the form of a question.
Legal DisclaimerNot Covered By Manufacturer's Warranty
The Rightline Gear Sport 3 Car Top Carrier is 100% waterproof and attaches to vehicles WITH or WITHOUT a roof rack. Attach the carrier's straps to a vehicle’s roof rack or use the Car Clips to attach the straps to a vehicle's door frame weather molding. The carrier is made from UV protected PVC Semi-Coated Mesh XT and Hydrotuff for maximum durability. The materials are sewn together for strength and then welded along the stitching to make the seam waterproof. The carrier’s ZipRight System locates a urethane coated zipper on the protective zipper flap where water cannot enter. The Sport 3 is one of the largest car top bags on the market and aerodynamically designed to save $$$ at the gas pump.
From the manufacturer
Why can we say Rightline Gear Sport Car Top Carriers are 100% Waterproof?
The information below explains the Advanced Design Features of the Sport Car Top Carriers.
Other carriers claim to be 100% waterproof but lack the features to support this claim. Many of them use regular zippers located right where wind pushes rainwater. Without any sort of protection, water can enter this weak point.
Advanced Waterproof Design Features
Dual Seam Technology
What makes our bags waterproof? It starts with how the bags are made. The Sport Car Top Carriers are constructed from PVC Semi-Coated Mesh XT (our premium polyester re-enforced PVC) and Hydrotuff Material (a PVC backed polyester). These two materials are sewn together for strength and then welded along the same line to make the seam waterproof.
ZipRight Zipper System
The second way the Sport Car Top Carriers keep the water out is by using the innovative ZipRight System. The zipper is located on the inside of the protective flap, not at the junction of the flap and the bag, where the wind forcefully drives rain water. The flap is folded down and secured to the carrier with hook-&-loop closures.
Urethane Coated Zipper
Not only does the location of the zipper (on the protective flap) help to keep water out, but the zipper itself is another line of defense! The Sport Car Top Carriers use Urethane Coated Zippers. Other carriers feature a standard zipper located where the zipper flap meets the bag, allowing rain water to enter the carrier.
WITH a Roof Rack
Loop the included straps around the roof rack side rails or cross bars.
WITHOUT a Roof Rack - Car Clips
Start with the Car Clips on the (4) attachment straps. Open the vehicle's doors and hook the Car Clips under the door frame weather molding.
Standard Airline Carry-on.
Carrier Fit Guide
To ensure a proper fit, please measure your vehicle's roof (as shown above) and compare to the carrier's dimensions.
- Sport 3: 48" L x 40" W x 14-19" H
- SUVs and minivans
- Popular Examples: Ford Explorer, Jeep Grand Cherokee, Honda Pilot, Dodge Grand Caravan
Carrier Capacity Guide
The guide below will give you a general idea of how many suitcases each Rightline Gear Car Top Carrier will hold. The guide references a standard Airline Carry-on Bag (14"W x 8" D x 22" H, 1.43 cu ft).
- Sport 3: 18 cu ft = 12.5 Carry-on Bags
- Sport 2: 15 cu ft = 10.5 Carry-On Bags
- Ace 2: 15 cu ft = 10.5 Carry-on Bags
- Sport 1: 12 cu ft = 8.4 Carry-on Bags
- Ace 1: 12 cu ft = 8.4 Carry-on Bags
- Sport Jr: 9 cu ft = 6.3 Carry-on Bags
- Ace Jr: 9 cu ft = 6.3 Carry-on Bags
|Water Protection||100% Waterproof||100% Waterproof||100% Waterproof||100% Waterproof||Weatherproof||Weatherproof|
|Construction||Dual Seam Technology||Dual Seam Technology||Dual Seam Technology||Dual Seam Technology||Welded Seams||Welded Seams|
|Zipper Type||Urethane Coated||Urethane Coated||Urethane Coated||Urethane Coated||Regular||Regular|
|Capacity||18 cu ft||15 cu ft||12 cu ft||9 cu ft||15 cu ft||12 cu ft|
|Size||48" L x 40" W x 14-19"H||44" L x 36" W x 14-19" H||38" L x 34" W x 14-19" H||36" L x 30" W x 13-16" H||44" L x 34" W x 17" H||38" L x 34" W x 16" W|
|Straps||(4) attachment, (4) car clips||(4) attachment, (4) car clips||(4) attachment, (4) car clips||(4) attachment, (4) car clips||(4) attachment, (4) car clips||(4) attachment, (4) car clips|
|Vehicle Category||SUVs, minivans||crossovers, SUVs, minivans||sedans, wagons, crossovers to SUVs, minivans||compact cars to SUVs, minivans||crossovers, SUVs, minivans||sedans, wagons, crossovers to SUVs, minivans|
Customers also shopped for
Top customer reviews
There was a problem filtering reviews right now. Please try again later.
4 suit cases
1 air mattress
After looking around, I decided on this particular carrier (I actually saw it at Target.com under a different brand name and then searched for it on Amazon.com) due to it being the largest carrier I could find, being soft-sided, waterproof and reasonably priced (especially compared to some hard carriers). Before buying, though, I read the reviews here, especially in regards to it needing to be full. I was impressed the vendor took time to reply to a few comments and that the current version of the carrier resolves some of the older negative concerns (such as it not being waterproof before).
Long story short, I was very pleased with it!:
* It's absolutely huge - it held luggage for 7 people, a few pillows, blankets and even some kids sleeping bags.
* "full up" - Because I had read about it needing to be full, I tried packing it as full as I could, but it's so big there were still a few empty spots in corners, between cases, etc... Generally speaking, though, it was as full as it could be for me to comfortably zip it up. We tied it down very tightly between the crossbars on my roof and pushed in the corners. We then drove from Provo to Las Vegas at 80MPH (there are several stretches in Utah where 80 is the legal limit, btw) in some pretty good wind. The case performed perfectly, didn't appreciably lower our gas mileage, didn't create any unbearable wind noise, stayed perfect stable (we did buy the mat to go underneath, but it wasn't really necessary) and was in perfect condition when we arrived in Vegas. After going down to Phoenix and finally back up to Provo (about 1400 miles, round trip), the case is still in great condition!
* Weatherproof - we didn't get too much chance to put it to the test but the little rain we did get didn't get in the case
All-in-all, we absolutely loved the case. It's easy to put up, holds a ton of luggage and was a great value. It was exactly what we needed for our trip!
One note - if you do use the non-slip mat underneath, only use it under the back half (or so) of the carrier. We found once we hit certain speeds (especially since the speed limit is so high on I-15) that if any air got underneath the carrier at those speeds the mat would vibrate against the roof and would be incredibly loud.