|Item Weight||8.11 pounds|
|Product Dimensions||48 x 36 x 18 inches|
|Item model number||100R30|
|Manufacturer Part Number||Range 3|
|Cover Included||Carrier, (4) attachment straps, (4) car clips, and stuff sack with sewn-in set up guide|
Other Sellers on Amazon
+ Free Shipping
+ Free Shipping
Rightline Gear Range 3 Car Top Carrier, 18 cu ft, Weatherproof +, Attaches With or Without Roof Rack
|Price:||& FREE Shipping. Details & FREE Returns|
- Make sure this fits by entering your model number.
- QUALITY WEATHERPROOF + CONSTRUCTION: UV protected PVC Semi-Coated Mesh XT material, welded seams, and urethane coated zipper with hook-&-loop-close flap provide reinforced protection against rain, snow, heat, heavy winds, and other extreme conditions.
- 1 YEAR MANUFACTURER'S : Shop confidently; our service team is based in the USA & skillfully trained to help you with any questions or concerns.
- ATTACHES WITH OR WITHOUT A ROOF RACK: Attach the carrier's straps to a vehicle’s roof rack or use the Car Clips to attach the straps to a vehicle's door frame weather molding.
- X-LARGE CAPACITY DESIGN: 18 cubic feet of storage, 48" L x 36" W x 18" H; designed for SUVs and minivans.
- EASY TO INSTALL: Your bag comes with everything you need to load it up, attach it, and hit the road in minutes! Includes carrier, (4) attachment straps, (4) Car Clips, and stuff sack with sewn-in set up guide.
- fit type: Vehicle Specific
Frequently bought together
Customers who viewed this item also viewed
What other items do customers buy after viewing this item?
Compare with similar items
Have a question?
Find answers in product info, Q&As, reviews
Your question may be answered by sellers, manufacturers, or customers who purchased this item, who are all part of the Amazon community.
Please make sure that you are posting in the form of a question.
Please enter a question.
The Range 3 Car Top Carrier is weatherproof + and attaches to vehicles WITH or WITHOUT a roof rack. Attach the carrier's straps to a vehicle’s roof rack or use the Car Clips to attach the straps to a vehicle's door frame weather molding. The carrier is made from UV protected PVC Semi-Coated Mesh XT for maximum durability. Use the Range Carrier on your next family vacation, backwoods expedition, shopping spree, or move.
From the manufacturer
What makes Rightline Gear Range Car Top Carriers Weatherproof +?
A step up from Rightline Gear’s Ace Car Top Carriers, The Range Carriers add a urethane coated zipper. A zipper flap adds extra protection. All seams of the carrier are welded watertight and Rightline Gear’s proprietary PVC Semi-Coated Mesh XT stands up to the elements for years to come. Other carriers may claim to be waterproof or weatherproof, but they do not have the features to back it up.
Urethane Coated Zipper
The Range Car Top Carriers use Urethane Coated Zippers as the first line of defense against moisture and the elements, while other carriers use standard zippers with exposed teeth that let water in!
PVC Semi-Coated Mesh XT
High velocities are no match for Range Car Top Carriers, thanks to their heavy-duty, Xtra Tough PVC Semi-Coated Mesh XT construction.
All of Rightline Gear's Range Car Top Carriers come with a handy stuff sack so your carrier is always on hand when you need it, and easily stows away when you don't.
WITH a Roof Rack
Loop the included straps around the roof rack side rails or cross bars.
WITHOUT a Roof Rack - Car Clips
Start with the Car Clips on the (4) attachment straps. Open the vehicle's doors and hook the Car Clips under the door frame weather molding.
Standard Airline Carry-on.
Carrier Fit Guide
To ensure a proper fit, please measure your vehicle's roof (as shown above) and compare to the carrier's dimensions.
- Range 3: 48" L x 36" W x 18" H
- SUVs and minivans
- Popular Examples: Ford Explorer, Jeep Grand Cherokee, Honda Pilot, Dodge Grand Caravan
Carrier Capacity Guide
The guide below will give you a general idea of how many suitcases each Rightline Gear Car Top Carrier will hold. The guide references a standard Airline Carry-on Bag (14" W x 8" D x 22" H, 1.43 cu ft).
- Range 3: 18 cu ft = ~12 Carry-on Bags
- Sport 3: 18 cu ft = ~12 Carry-on Bags
- Range 2: 15 cu ft = ~10 Carry-on Bags
- Sport 2: 15 cu ft = ~10 Carry-on Bags
- Ace 2: 15 cu ft = ~10 Carry-on Bags
- Range Jr: 10 cu ft = ~7 Carry-on Bags
- Sport Jr: 10 cu ft = ~7 Carry-on Bags
- Ace Jr: 9 cu ft = ~6 Carry-on Bags
|Sport 3||Sport 2||Range 3||Range 2||Ace 2||Ace Jr|
|Water Protection||100% Waterproof||100% Waterproof||Weatherproof +||Weatherproof +||Weatherproof||Weatherproof|
|Construction||Welded Seams PVC Semi-Coated Mesh XT 0.5mm||Welded Seams PVC Semi-Coated Mesh XT 0.5mm||Welded Seams PVC Semi-Coated Mesh XT 0.5mm||Welded Seams PVC Semi-Coated Mesh XT 0.5mm||Welded Seams PVC Semi-Coated Mesh 0.35mm||Welded Seams PVC Semi-Coated Mesh 0.35mm|
|Zipper Type||SZIP Waterproof||SZIP Waterproof||Urethane Coated||Urethane Coated||Fabric||Fabric|
|Capacity||18 cu ft||15 cu ft||18 cu ft||15 cu ft||15 cu ft||9 cu ft|
|Size||48" L x 36" W x 18" H||42" L x 34" W x 18" H||48" L x 36" W x 18" H||40”L x 36” W x 18” H||44" L x 34" W x 17" H||36” L x 30” W x 14. 5” H|
|Attaches||WITH or WITHOUT Roof Rack||WITH or WITHOUT Roof Rack||WITH or WITHOUT Roof Rack||WITH or WITHOUT Roof Rack||WITH or WITHOUT Roof Rack||WITH or WITHOUT Roof Rack|
|Vehicle Category||SUVs, minivans||crossovers, SUVs, minivans||SUVs, minivans||crossovers, SUVs, minivans||crossovers, SUVs, minivans||compacts, sedans, crossovers to SUVs, minivans|
Customers who bought this item also bought
There was a problem filtering reviews right now. Please try again later.
*Tips: Wash the car to prevent scratching it and make sure the bags is clear of debris on the bottom. Unzip the back before throwing on the car with the solid side facing your front windshield. Then load the product in the bag and zip it up. Once zipped, then you can loop the ties through the buckles and then to the car stripping (with doors open). Once in place, CLOSE the door BEFORE tightening the straps. Once the door is closed on the properly placed strap, then tighten it down. Now you can open your door and the strap will not come off the stripping. If you tighten it with the door open you could damage the stripping or your face when the hook lets loose and pops your mouth!
1) This will increase your fuel consumption a ton. Normally I get 38-42 mpg in my Chevy Cruze going 70 mph, however I noticed that I was getting about 20mpg with this on my car.
2) The wind does wisp in your ear as you are driving....especially the front seats. So once we were in the vehicle, we used gorilla tape along the interior of the stripping and it was not bad at all. Of course, when you make a pit stop, you will have to reapplying the tape. Gorilla not duck...duck does not have the same thickness of Gorilla. Trust me...we put duck up and then stopped at Dollar General for Gorilla!
We had 4 adults taking a 7 hour drive for a week's vacation at the beach in which we had to pack for both summer, fall and winter (because NC is bipolar) and this was a life saver! We packed our beach gear (cooler, picnic basket, body boards, inflatables and pump, along with so many towels) while on the banks so that we had everything at hand...while packing chairs and other items in the trunk. We experienced a Northeaster and Gulf Stream depression which collided off the coast for 3 days and turned into a tropical storm which sent 25 foot waves over the dunes onto the only highway (Hwy12) which we were driving on. This bag was literally drenched by the salty ocean water and pounds of sand, relentless beating for days. We drove through door high standing water that was hydroplaned onto my whole car during the worst of the storm. Not one item inside the bag was wet! Not one. The towels were as dry as they were from the dryer! I was shocked. This thing was literally battle tested!!! I literally left the bag on top of my car when the rain was sideways and swirling and it was not even phased...not even a little. I was amazed by the quality of the bag!
***I was not paid for nor asked to give my review.
Like I said, I wanted to love this bag, and I love the heavy durability of the material, and it all would have been 5 stars, if it hadn't of ripped at the seam. Maybe it was just a bad seam but I sent it back for a refund and even though I need another bag, I'm worried to replace with the same.
It's worth each dollar I spent on it.
Thanks to everyone to produce this item, Thanks to Amazon to deliver the order within less 24 hr.
The quality is top notch and very durable.
I was a little skeptical at first but we were able to fit a large amount of cargo in this. 2 large suitcases 1 medium, a duffle bag, 4 small bags plus a bunch of other miscellaneous items.
It was easy to setup and clung into place well using the weather stripping hooks and a non slip mat. The straps can generate some noise at speeds higher than 60. We hit speeds of 85 in some spots though with no issues.
Through 14 hours of driving each way, a rain storm and off roading on a beach our cargo remained in place and dry. I don't know what I did before I had this bag!
Top international reviews
Cons: It rained a lot and some water got in the bag, perhaps it was through the zipper area that wasn't well closed. We also stopped a few times to tighten the straps
Comme sur la photo. Imperméable. Facile d'installation. Facile de rangement. Tout simplement génial !!!