Industrial Deals Beauty Save up to 90% on textbooks STEM nav_sap_plcc_ascpsc Starting at $39.99 Grocery Handmade Wedding Rustic Decor Home Gift Guide Off to College Home Gift Guide Book House Cleaning TheOnlyLivingBoy TheOnlyLivingBoy TheOnlyLivingBoy  Amazon Echo now $99.99 Limited-time offer: All-New Fire 7, starting at $39.99 Kindle Paperwhite uncharted Tailgating STEMClubToys17_gno

Showing 1-10 of 83 reviews(Verified Purchases). See all 98 reviews
on May 7, 2017
I liked the setting. It was unusual and not often found in any fiction.One can only imagine what the landscape was really like.
on March 18, 2014
I really enjoyed not just this book but the whole series. I will say however, this one was my favorite.
Riley is an intelligent beautiful young woman that is basically tricked into going thru a time portal doorway and finding herself in the past by about 40,000 years. The woman who had hired her under the pretense of a research project had sent her nephew thru the portal 5 years ago to get away from people out to kill him. However, her research funds were about to be shut off and she couldn't stand the thought that her beloved Nathan would be left there all alone. So in walks Riley and the good doctor sent Nathan what she hoped would become his perfect mate. Riley was almost nabbed by Neanderthals, eaten by carnvicerous creatures and scared out of her wits by the time Nathan came upon her. The story is really well written I thought, and the descriptions of not just the animals but the scenery was awesome! I really got into this story! As soon as I finished this one, I bought the next two! Great series and I will definitely re-read them all!
on May 4, 2016
I LOVED this story! I can't wait to read the next one in the series! A must read for lovers of prehistory romance!
on September 26, 2013
Look I hate to be that person that preaches political correctness but....why all the sniping at "fat people" in the book? One of the characters, Miles, is repeatedly referred to as fat, fat butt, fat boy, etc. Other characters take pot shots at each other by saying "fat butt" to one another. Then at one point in the book the author says the smell of blood will draw predators like "fat people to a buffet". Seriously???
I'm not heavy by any means. And I found it gratuitous and offensive, even childish. I can see a heavy person being insulted. To me it came off as a bias against overweight people on behalf of the author. Not good.
Other than that the book was just "ok". The characters were a bit cheesy, not terribly complex or interesting. The story is a little silly...a scientist creates a way to time travel to prehistoric times and funding is pulled because she hasn't yet found a way to bring people back? This is so stupid as to be laughable. But meh if you're looking for a quick weekend time travel read maybe this will work for you.
on September 2, 2013
Great adventure. Riley tricked into going through a time machine is transported 40,000 years into the past. where she meets Nathan the nephew of the woman who tricked her. Hard to put this one down. Saber tooth cats, cave bears. giant wolves and of course a nasty tribe of Cro Magnons, The first of three books in the series. Worth reading all three.
on August 19, 2012
I wanted to read Into the Savage Dawn, but I was advised to read this book first and boy, am I glad I did. Into the Savage Dawn is the follow-up to Riley's Journey. When Riley signs on to help with a research project, she has no idea she'll be transported back in time to the time of the Neanderthals! She meets and falls in love with Nathan, a handsome man who's also been transported back through an experiment gone wrong. Together they must fight savage bands of Cro-Magnon men, dangerous beasts, and freezing temperatures. I highly recommend this to anyone looking for a quality time travel romance that is definitely out of the ordinary. Into the Savage Dawn is next on my list. I've also read Fiona by this author (a time travel romance set in Ancient China). P.L. Parker never fails to entertain me. I love her work.
Riley's Journey by P.L. Parker and Sandra Edwards was one of the best books I've read lately. Just for the fact that it was so different, the characters well-developed and the story well-written, I gave the book 5 stars.
I've never wondered what it would be like to live in the cave-man era, but this tale totally put me there. My imagination was fully engaged in the authors' vision. The setting and realistic people inhabiting the earth at the time worked well. Conflicts kept coming and made me feel involved continuously with the hero and heroine who were forced to rely on each other through amazing adventures. Their love story added another dimension and had me sighing over their antics. Those pages turned too fast for my liking and I reached the end way too quickly. The only consolation - there was a follow-up book called "Into the Savage dawn."
on August 29, 2012
Our young botanist, Riley, is chosen for a field expedition for an undetermined length of time. Riley is alone in the world with no family and that is precisely why she was chosen to be sent back in time to (unknowingly) become the mate of Nathan, a man she has never met before. Nate has been on the site for five years with his dog, Demon. It's a Jean Auel type of story and one I enjoyed. Nothing wrong with a little primitive love thrown in when fighting off Neanderthals and Cro-Magnons along with the savage beasts of 40,000 years ago. You just have to make the best of a bad situation. And we find that necessity is the mother of invention.

You can never go home again.
Thomas Wolfe
on May 3, 2016
Thrown back into the past with no option to return. The world is stone age and fighting Pro Magnum man is a challenge as well as adapting to bitter ice cold weather, hunting animals larger than in the future, and learning to adapt to a life in the wild. It is well written.
on June 11, 2017
This is a great book . I couldn't put it down and I can't wait to read the next part