Amazon.com: Customer Reviews: Ring Relief Homeopathic Medicines and Dietary Supplements, 60-Count Caplets
Amazon Vehicles Up to 80 Percent Off Textbooks Amazon Fashion Learn more Discover it Britney Spears Fire TV Stick Health, Household and Grocery Back to School Totes Summer-Event-Garden Amazon Cash Back Offer ElvisandNixon ElvisandNixon ElvisandNixon  Amazon Echo  Echo Dot  Amazon Tap  Echo Dot  Amazon Tap  Amazon Echo Starting at $49.99 All-New Kindle Oasis Celine Dion Water Sports

on July 31, 2012
Ongoing Review Trial: 28 months- Jan 2011 to last update: Aug 2013 (now using sublingual 70-ct)

Read the label...it says it takes 6 months...

*expect to buy 6 months worth or don't buy it at all*

First off, I am FAR FROM a "homeopathic medicine" believer. I am always skeptical of these types of remedies, and consider their results mostly psychosomatic. I've suffered from tinnitus for years and my symptoms worsened in 2011. With tinnitus, simply trying to ignore it doesn't always work, and often it robs you of sleep, concentration and peace.

I found this in an advert in Road and Track and looked it up here, then tried it (skeptically) for a month (one bottle, $14). The bottle said symptoms ease after 6 months of use. (HA! Read: Buy $90 worth sucker!)

At the end of the month I stopped, feeling basically as skeptical, no results.
A week after I stopped, I felt it had made my symptoms worse! The ringing was louder!

A few days later I decided to give it another try. I was in for two months this time.

At the end of two months, I felt "some relief", and figured I'd continue...but it took two weeks to get my order in.

During the two weeks, my ears returned to ringing. I realized the product must be doing something, since it was obvious without taking it, my symptoms were going back to where they were previously.

I've been taking the product consistently now since January 2011, and have had at minimum a 70% reduction in symptoms, depending on my activity or exposure to loud noise. Most days I have 90%+ reduction.

In addition, I've also had a 100% reduction in floaters in my eyes.

I am not saying that this product will work for everyone, but it has worked for me. Considering the cost versus perceived benefit, then snake oil it be, it has the intended effect. I have found that consistency is the key, and after a few weeks of non-use, the ringing gradually comes back, often "louder" since not having ringing makes any ringing seem unusual.

I've discussed the ingredients with my MD, and there is evidence that particular vitamins in this product with long term use produce results for some patients. Meds are meds, whether they are prescription or synthesized, they are still chemicals. Think "caffeine".

I've read the negative reviews and am amazed at some who think this product should work like novacaine...there is no instant fix. Any vestibular or neuroligical issues with the nerves in your ear cannot be repaired. You can only promote the health or growth of what remains. Vitamins take months to work...You certainly wouldn't take Vitamin E, Fish Oil, Calcium or even daily vitamin and expect to see results in a week or two.

If you purchase this product, expect to buy at least 6 months worth. Does it work absolutely 100% all the time? No...but neither does Acetiminophen and I still take it for headaches. Use common sense, don't expect miracles and ignore the "feel goodery" lingo on the label. It works.

A few hints for those who suffer from some forms of Tinnitis.
- #1 - Talk to your Doctor
- Try sleeping with a fan or other noise in the room...it helps drown out the noise. (Fish Tanks with air pumps are great)/
- Some people have a result from using cotton in the affected ear to limit the feedback.
- ALWAYS wear ear protection when using ANY power tool, loud weapon or even a Hair Dryer/Vacuum...simple foam plugs are effective.
- ALWAYS wear ear protection...(seriously...) even noise you think isn't loud, will irritate your condition.
- Your condition is TREATABLE, but usually not curable. You can lessen the severity by easing the load on your hearing.
44 comments| 34 people found this helpful. Was this review helpful to you?YesNoReport abuse
on May 11, 2012
I have been using Ring Relief for about one year now. I have received a decrease in the intensity of the ear ringing since
using this product. My relief is not perfect but much improved and tolerable. The price is more expensive for this product
in my local stores, and is difficult for me to find. I was delighted to find Ring Relief at Amazon...
on April 12, 2010
I heard the commercials for Quietus, and thought I remembered it being sold at CVS. Instead, I found this product there.

I've had a white noise in my ear for some time, and the night before I bought Ring Relief, it was outrageously loud. It took forever for me to get to sleep.

I bought it over lunch, and took a caplet as soon as I could. I then read some reviews of various tinnitus relief products here on Amazon. One review, I don't remember which, recommended a combination of Ginko Bolova and various versions of Vitamin B. When I had a chance to read Ring Relief's active ingredients, they were all there, with actual amounts listed. Instead of just leaving the caplet in my mouth for 20 - 40 seconds, I actually place it under my tongue, to get the most benefit of the external coating.

It might be pyschosomatic, but it seems to me that my tinnitus is subsiding,
starting with the first caplet. Its not gone away, but its a lot less annoying!

An update. My father in law has severe hearing loss. He tried these for a few days and he says they really helped his hearing. Unfortunately, he had heart surgery and is not able to continue the treatment, as it has a blood thinner in it.

I've noticed other, beneficial side effects. I can smell better now than before. Ring Relief has zinc in it, and zinc is supposed to help smell and taste. I'm glad to be able to smell and taste better, but some of the things I now smell, I wouldn't miss smelling. :-)

Also, all of my hair seems to be growing faster. Hearing is dependent on hairs in your ear, so anything that makes them grow faster will make other hairs grow faster. I'm nowhere near bald, so growing hair on my head faster isn't a big deal. However, hair on my ears and middle brow seem to have gone into overdrive.

The significant reduction in ringing, and the definite improvement in hearing is more than worth the faster hair growth. For some men, it might actually help their baldness!
on November 17, 2010
I've been using these tablets for my Tinitus for at least 6 months. Although my ears still ring, especially when I'm tired, the noise has substantially reduced since I started taking them. In fact, I noticed my ears getting quieter in the first few hours after I took the first one.

I always wait 20 minutes after eating to take one, or 5 minutes after I take one to eat. I always put it under my tongue for 40 seconds before I swallow, it, too. This seems to be the most effective way to take it.

There must be some active ingredients in them, because my sense of smell improved, as did my taste (in food). Also, my hair started growing faster. As its hair follicoles in your ear that transfer sound to your hearing nerve, it makes sense that my other hair would grow.

For anyone with tinitus, I highly recommend giving these tablets a try. They should also do as much as they can to preserve the rest of their hearing, as hearing is NOT a renewable resource!

These tablets are a lot less expensive here than buying them at CVS.

One more thing, tinitus has many causes, so a remedy that works for one person might not work for another. I have no financial interest in Amazon, nor the manufacturer of Ring Relief.

May 2014:

I'm glad to see these caplets are back. I have a significant stash, so it will be awhile before I reorder.

Has it really been almost 4 years since I started taking these caplets? Hard to believe.
I have proof that my hearing has improved, at least at one frequency, in one ear since I started taking these caplets.

I take a caplet before vigorous exercise. My audiologist said that anti-inflammatory drugs taken at least three days before exposure to loud noises helps reduce hearing damage, because it takes that long to get to the fluid enclosed by the membrane the auditory cilia are growing on. I decided the best chance of getting the ingredients that are in these caplets to the ears is when the blood pressure is the highest, and the heart is pumping the fastest, so I take one about 15 minutes before I start my workout. It seems to be helping.

I'd been doing this for several months and seeing positive results before Giant Cell Arteritis killed my mother's optic nerves, and she went blind. Her opthamologist started giving her massive doses of steroids and she rewrote the medical text books because she started to get her vision back. So, if she can regrow her optic nerve, why can't I regenerate my auditory nerves and cilia?

Because I have hearing loss, my ears are more sensitive to hearing damage than undamaged ears, so I wear earplugs in the gym, and when I sing with the church choir. My ears ring a lot less now that I'm protecting them better.
on June 1, 2012
The effectivity of Ring Relief seemingly depends on the severity of your tinnitus or your stress level. I have profound hearing loss in one ear and a mild case of tinnitus. My tinnitus isn't nearly as bad as stories I've read from other people who experience it, but it is annoying enough to want something to relieve it. So I bought Ring Relief and I'm very happy that I did. It does just about everything it says it does except relieve discomfort. I suppose that's one side effect of having hearing loss/tinnitus that just will never go away. But when I don't feel the aural fullness, it feels great to not have to hear that infernal white noise in my ear. It doesn't alleviate it completely, but it does a heck of a good job alleviating about 90% of it. But you must ultimately realize that the fact that is that the noise will always be there, so I think a combination of the pill and surmounting your own psychosomatic roadblocks is key to battling tinnitus. The pill is merely an aural blanket.

It was just brought to my attention through other reviews here that this pill is packed with essential B vitamins, which makes me happy to hear be because it's a pain to buy them individually as there are so many of them. Some say Vitamin B makes your hair grow faster and I've noticed that. It's a nice incidental bonus as my hair has always been somewhat thin. I've been taking Ring Relief for about 3 months now and don't plan on slowing down. Until I read that taking this is detrimental to my health, I'll probably continue to take them after the suggested 6 months. It's very nice to know that there's something out there that actually relieves tinnitus that is actually homeopathic. But I still view it as a temporary fix as I believe one day I will have enough money for LLLT (Low-Level Laser Therapy) to bring back the hearing that I so suddenly lost out of the blue. (Look it up on Google)

If you go by the reviews saying that this snake oil... I wouldn't say that. Just because it didn't work for other people doesn't mean it won't work for you. It could be their tinnitus is too severe or they're too stressed. Besides, they sell this at CVS and they allow you 30 days to return defective/ineffective products. So you really have nothing to lose.
on April 18, 2013
My husband feels that when he does not take these the ringing in his ears is worse--especially in the mornings. For $10 a month it is worth it.
on January 3, 2016
I've suffered from tinnitus for years! I suffered from a broken nose and tinnitus in the form of high pitched ringing came about after that. I've learned to live with it, but when I saw this product, I was like, why not give it a shot? I use homeopathic Zicam and Oscillococcinum for colds and they always help minimize what used to be really bad colds that always turned into bronchitis, into a manageable head cold. So, maybe I'm just a candidate for this stuff. Anyway, I tried it and it works! It's not a miracle cure - I still have tinnitus - but it's toned down significantly. On the other hand, it did not affect my husband's tinnitus at all. So, I guess it just depends your physical make-up. No reason not to give it a shot. It really works for me!
on April 26, 2010
Don't waste your money. I've had Tinnitus for several years now. Suffering with the loud ringing I've become desperate for a cure or at the least a lessening of the perpetual noise. This product did nothing to reduce the noise and after taking it, it seems to be even louder. I had to give it one star for Amazon to publish my review. One star is about ten stars too many.
on October 19, 2012
Hi, this product seems to be working for me, I have just started with the caplets but my tinnitus has just got better. I tried before ring stop but it made them worst, also I tried lipo flavonoid, br
on April 3, 2013
I have been using this for over a year now, and for me it works !! I have read reviews were it did not work for other people, I don't know if they have a more severe case of Tinnitus than I do, but it dose help !! It dose not take it completely away, but the ringing is much less when I am on it !! It is hard to find the Caplets in drug stores, they usually only carry the ear drops, and I do not like putting drops in my ear, so I go with the Caplets.