The Ringer - The Original Stainless Steel Cast Iron Cleaner, Patented XL 8x6 inch Design
Get free shipping
Free 5-8 business-day shipping within the U.S. when you order $25 of eligible items sold or fulfilled by Amazon.
Or get 4-5 business-day shipping on this item for $5.99. (Prices may vary for AK and HI.)Learn more about free shipping
Fulfillment by Amazon (FBA) is a service we offer sellers that lets them store their products in Amazon's fulfillment centers, and we directly pack, ship, and provide customer service for these products. Something we hope you'll especially enjoy: FBA items qualify for FREE Shipping and Amazon Prime.
If you're a seller, Fulfillment by Amazon can help you increase your sales. We invite you to learn more about Fulfillment by Amazon .
- Enter your model number to make sure this fits.
- PATENTED XL 8X6 DESIGN FOR DURABILITY. We don’t use just any chainmail. The Ringer uses premium grade never rusting stainless steel that is machine soldered, and built for strength. The machines that manufacture our patented product were originally intended to protect police officers from stab wounds. When life is on the line, you can’t risk chinks in your armor. We bring that same strength to your kitchen sink and believe in quality that won’t let you down
- MADE IN NORTH AMERICA. When you buy the Ringer, you aren’t going to be left with some flimsy, hand-crimped chainmail made overseas which will pull apart and end up scratching your skillet with a rough ring edge. Most competing products are manufactured in China, leaving you with a low quality scraper. We searched worldwide to find the best quality around, and we found it here in North America. Simply put, The Ringer is set to last as long as your cast iron skillet
- TOUGH ON GRIT, GENTLE ON FLAVOR. Wash off the grit AND preserve the flavor with soap-less, detergent-free grit removal. You don’t need to fear your seasoning being stripped off by harsh soap or cleaners. With The Ringer all you need is warm water and you’re good to go. Let’s keep your flavors in the family, not with the fishes. Works great in addition with cast iron seasoning or cast iron conditioner
- MULTI-USE SCRUBBER, DISHWASHER SAFE. Kitchen sponges are 200,000 times dirtier than a toilet seat with 10,000,000 bacteria per square inch. Gross, we know. Don’t worry; this multi-purpose scrubber can be used for cast iron, glassware, stainless steel, a pizza stone, plates, baking sheets, a tea pot, cookie sheets, cauldrons, tortilla press, a hibachi, a waffle maker, a pie pan, a Dutch oven, griddle, woks, and casserole dishes. To clean, just throw it in the dishwasher
- IRON CLAD GUARANTEE. We’re confident that you’ll love The Ringer as much as we do. Used and loved by cast iron enthusiasts world wide, we’re confident you will be just as obsessed. Aren’t Satisfied? Let us know and we’ll get you taken care of
Frequently bought together
Customers who bought this item also bought
Customers who viewed this item also viewed
Have a question?
Find answers in product info, Q&As, reviews
Please make sure that you are posting in the form of a question.
From the manufacturer
You Keep the Flavor, We’ll Take the Grit
Family heirlooms are one of a kind, and your cast iron is probably no exception. We know you've worked long hours to build the seasoning on your cast iron, and we would never take that away from you or your grandma. The Ringer is specially designed to maintain the integrity of your hard work. You don’t need harsh soap or detergents, which will strip away the generations of seasoning and ultimately damage your cast iron cookware. All you need for post dinner clean up is a little hot water and the Ringer.
Efficient, Effective and Long Lasting
Are you throwing money down the drain buying new sponges every week? You won’t have to worry about that with the Ringer. This long lasting, durable, chainmail scrubber can be used on everything from tough cast iron to beautiful glassware. High quality, soft chainmail ensures that you won’t scratch your products, as you scrub off hard to get grit. The Ringer is designed to last as long as your cast iron does.
The Ultimate Tool For Cleaning Cast Iron Cookware
See For Yourself
There’s no need for elbow grease or magic wands when using this piece of cast iron cleaning magic. Durable stainless steal chainmail, and a little hot water is all you need to get your age old, family cast iron skillet from drab to fab.
Your Kitchen Sink Hero
The Ringer isn’t hand crimped, it’s machine soldered. This means it’s stronger, more durable, and more reliable than any other chainmail scrubber. This method creates a strong cast iron cleaner with no points of weakness. Let the Ringer be your kitchen sink hero. There are no chinks in our armor.
The Ringer truly is one of a kind cast iron scrubber. Our patented design proves that we invest in quality. We deliver a product that we believe in, so you can too. Using innovative technology and machine soldered chainmail; The Ringer is the ultimate kitchen-cleaning tool.
Designed for Durability, Tough on Grit, Gentle on the Wallet
Hassle Free and Easy to Clean
Your kitchen sponge is as gross as it smells, a true breeding ground for bacteria. The Ringer is easy to store and easy to clean. With a hanging ring in one corner, it’s never going to get lost under the kitchen sink. This durable, chainmail scrubber is dishwasher safe, which makes for hassle free sanitization while keeping you and your family safe from germs.
Made in North America
When you buy the Ringer, you aren’t going to be left with some flimsy, hand-crimped chainmail made overseas. Most competing products are manufactured in China, leaving you with a low quality scrubber that is going to break or tear. We searched world wide to find the best quality around, and we found it in North America. The Ringer is durable, easy to use, and made to last.
Quality You Can Trust
Unlike most chainmail scrubbers, the Ringer is developed with premium grade stainless steel in North America. Soft enough to prevent scratches, but tough enough to tear through grit. When you purchase the Ringer, we can guarantee that the consistency and quality of our metal is never compromised.
Compare with similar items
STAINLESS STEEL CHAIN MAIL SCRUBBER
Top customer reviews
There was a problem filtering reviews right now. Please try again later.
I have quite a bit of carbon steel and clad stainless steel pots and pans in addition to my big cast iron skillet. In fact, almost all of my cookware is some form of steel. The Ringer XL works like a charm on them, too. This morning I cooked breakfast sausage patties in my 10" Calphalon Tri-Ply frypan. The Ringer scrubbed it clean in a flash, with no "elbow grease" required. I used it last week on my 8 quart soup pot to remove burnt chili. A quick soak did half the work, then I used the Ringer just as I would use a sponge, with a little dish soap, and the pan was sparkling clean. Once again, no effort was needed. Who doesn't like easy?
Not only does this product do exactly what it says it will, it's made right here in the USA by a very nice man who sent me a lovely note of thanks for my purchase. And it's musical, too! Every time I use, it makes happy chiming, sliding, shimmery sounds. Buy it and experience the joy for yourself.
UPDATE 1/20/14- Tonight I baked shells and cheese in a glass baking dish. Some of the cheese was stuck on the outside of the pan, and stayed on after soaking. My nylon brush didn't get it all, and a sponge was useless. Enter the Ringer XL! I figured it was on the outside, so a few scratches would be no big deal. Cutting to the chase, the Ringer took it right off and didn't scratch the glass at all. That's one more kitchen item this little scrubber cleans. Seriously, I like the Ringer more and more every day. It has made doing the dishes much, much easier, and it's so much more sanitary than any other scrubber. Someone (are you listening, Mr. Developer?) needs to make one out of a material that's safe to use on dishes and other scratch-prone items.
I have used cast iron for years and I am pretty good at keeping my pans clean and well-seasoned. I waited to write a review after I had done a couple of different cleanings. I do pre-soak the pans in hot water for a few minutes to loosen up stuck bits, but not so long as to hurt the pan or seasoning.
Well, The Ringer does work. It is easy to clean. And, it is definitely one tough cookie.
However, I tried laying it flat, folded over, and I tried it scrunched it up. On my flat cast iron, I noticed that to get off hard-stuck food or char, I needed to scrub so much that I scored the seasoning down to the metal in places. That doesn't happen when I use a Scotchbrite pad. On my cast iron grill pan, it really did not work well on charred on food between the ridges. I had to break out my brass brush to get it all clean. Don't get me wrong. The Ringer works, but for me, I think a Scotchbrite pad works better with more control for flat pans, and a brass wire brush and Scotchbrite work better for my grill pan. I get the pans clean without losing too much seasoning.
Scotchbrite and brass brushes do wear out, but may be worth the cost.
I will try The Ringer a few more times and post an update if I change my mind.
I thought welded meant both ends would be melted and joined together with no sharp points and not easily be pulled apart at the point of joining? I spent $34 on 2 of these, one for me and one for my friend for Christmas. They say this is gentle enough to use on glass. Are you kidding me? I would not ever use this on my glass! But at least they wised up by not putting "Made in China" on their packaging anymore.
We'll see how it holds up over time. I'll add to my review regarding the durability over time.