Industrial Deals Beauty Best Books of the Year So Far STEM nav_sap_plcc_ascpsc PCB for Musical Instruments Starting at $39.99 Wickedly Prime Handmade Wedding Rustic Decor Book House Cleaning TheTick TheTick TheTick  Introducing Echo Show All-New Fire HD 8 Kids Edition, starting at $129.99 Kindle Oasis GNO Water Sports STEMClubToys17_gno

Showing 1-10 of 11 reviews(Verified Purchases). See all 70 reviews
on February 22, 2008
I used to have a couple of Ministry CDs years ago but eventually sold them because I wasn't totally into industrial music at the time. Now MANY years later I heard music from 'The Last Sucker' & I was sucked right back in! Now I have a bunch of Ministry's CDs (including the 2 I sold) & man I really feel I missed out on some good music all of those years! Let me just say that 'Filth Pig' was my first Ministry album, so I'm sure most fans would say "no wonder you didn't keep listening"....now I actually dig the album more than I did before but after listening to a few others & 'Rio Grande Blood,' I'm just hooked into Ministry like I never stopped listening to them! Compared to the slow paced 'Filth Pig,' 'Rio Grande Blood' is on the TOTAL OPPOSITE side....fast & furious & ANGRY industrial metal! This album is indeed part of a trilogy of Ministry CDs that are devoted to slamming Bush & it is so intense it makes you want to hate the Bush administration even if you don't! The drumming is the best part of this anger filled opus...especially the double bass drumming. Killer music to pump you up folks!
on February 22, 2016
Awesome CD! Very satisfied with my purchase. Would definitely recommend seller to others. Great customer service.
on April 29, 2015
Ministry at their best again, as good as if not better than Psalm 69. A great album from start to finish and I love the dubbing of Bushie! Top stuff Al great work.
VINE VOICEon October 23, 2006
This is probably the most "basic" rock and roll album I've heard by Ministry and it reminds me very much of early Black Sabbath in the way it uses simple, heavy guitar riffs. In many ways this feels less "forced" than other albums. The slower pace of the music has a more confident, swaggering sound that doesn't need to prove anything to anyone and to me, the songs are just more musical and less "tinny" than usual.

Currently my favorites are tracks 2-4 on the disc: Senor Peligro, Gangreen, and Fear (Is Big Business). Gangreen reminds me of Sabbath's "War Pigs", in that it is anti-war, but the kind of "anti-theme" you'd hear in the combat zone, in the same way as how airmen brag that "napalm sticks to kids". All three feature the "basic" heavy metal sound in all its thundering glory. Easily up there with Psalm 69 as one of Ministry's best.
on October 25, 2013
The energy they provide throughout the album is enough to get anyone going. They truly are an amazing forefather of thrash and the gods of industrial if you check out their other albums! I recommend this and ll their albums all the way!
on December 7, 2007
This is an awesome recording, renewed heavy thrash speed and sound, great lyrics and a kick A&& album cover!
on January 7, 2016
A must have
on December 22, 2015
Great...
on November 6, 2014
Another awesome album from The Great Ministry
on December 17, 2007
I always liked Steppenwolf and how they stabbed Nixon. Ministry's gouging and clawing of the Bush administration is as sharp as Steppenwolf, but laced with poison and acid. I like and agree with it. Buy all of these Bush bashing CDs! This one is the second one. A remix of this one (also perfect) is the third. Play it in your car with the window rolled down.