CHOKING HAZARD -- Small parts. Not for children under 3 yrs.
Carcassonne Big Box 3
We don't know when or if this item will be back in stock.
- Enter your model number to make sure this fits.
- For 2 to 6 players
- Play time of 45 minutes
- Contains the base game, plus the most popular of the expansions: Inns and Cathedrals, Traders and Builders, Princess and Dragon, Abbey and Mayor and Bridges, Castles and Bazaars
Customers Who Viewed This Item Also Viewed
From the Manufacturer
Top Customer Reviews
The EXPANSIONS: Say you're playing with a bunch of 5 year-olds that have never played the game before. Just use the basic game and everyone will be able to play and have fun. Now, say those kids are 10 and have played a few times before. Maybe you want to use the basic game plus one or two of the expansions. That adds more cards to the game, a few more complex rules, and the game will be longer and more fun for everyone (since by now playing just the basic game may be a little boring). Now, say you're playing with a group of adults that have played the game countless times. Use the basic game plus all 5 expansions and the game is now going to be very complex, deep, interactive, challenging, fun, and even combative (in a friendly sort of way). The point is that you can pick and choose which expansions you want to play depending on who is playing with you, how much time you have, how complex you want the game to be, what strategies you want to use, etc.Read more ›
1. The tile format and artwork is appealing.
2. The simplicity and ease-of-teaching make it a great gateway board game that most people can pick up.
3. This box set has all of the best expansions in one place for less than purchasing them all separately.
4. Most games with 5 or less people are under an hour.
During play, use a Crown Royal bag or some other non-transparent bag and throw the pile of draw tiles in the bag. This will save table space and makes the random tile drawing easier, allowing you to quickly pass the bag around as you play.
None really. This is a big box, so it's not suited for travel. However, if you plan on traveling with this game, you can make use of the aforementioned cloth bag and take only the expansions you want on the road.
A game you can share and enjoy with family and friends for years to come.
Our family enjoys the game for a number of reasons:
1. The basic game was easy to learn even for our seven year old and the Inns and Cathedrals expansion did not add any great complexity.
2. Quick to play (average time between 30 and 45 minutes) so it fits into our weekly boardgame rotation.
3. A good mix of planning and randomness that gives our seven year old a solid chance to win. By comparison, we also regularly play Ticket to Ride. Ticket has a bit more emphasis on planning than randomness and, as a result, our seven-year old is not nearly as successful (while still enjoying it).
Overall, an enjoyable addition to our family's board game collection.
1) Keep all the little resealable bags so you don't mix up your little guys with your big guys with your mayors.
2) The starter tile has a side which will fit every other tile--field, road, and city--and the back is darker. Put stickers on the front of the starter tile so you don't have to turn all the tiles over to find it. (After a while, it gets interesting to see how much it stays in the middle or strays to the edge of the play.)
3) Keep the starter tile in the little box at the edge so it doesn't get lost in the shuffle. (For some reason that little box is not marked on the "map" on the inside cover.)
Most Recent Customer Reviews
Was introduced to this game during a game night when we had some singles over from church. This is a great family game that is played out different each time you play it. Read morePublished 5 months ago by Alex
"A clever tile-laying game." That's what I've heard this game described as. But to me, "clever" doesn't do it justice. Read morePublished 6 months ago by Mike & Jen Costanzo
The best board game I've ever played. With all of thr expansions and 4 people playing this game can take somewhere around 3 hours. Read morePublished 15 months ago by Douglas
Fantastic game and all of the extensions in one place!!Published 18 months ago by California reader
Easy to learn and play quickly. It looks to be more intimidating than it really is. Complete a game in about 45 minutes and you can then enjoy another.Published 19 months ago by BSzamd
Here's a couple reasons why I love this game, and in particular, love this Big Box set:
1) A fun game with many elements of strategy
2) Easy to learn and play... Read more