Industrial Deals Beauty Best Books of the Month STEM nav_sap_plcc_ascpsc Starting at $39.99 Grocery Handmade Wedding Rustic Decor Home Gift Guide Off to College Home Gift Guide Book House Cleaning TheOnlyLivingBoy TheOnlyLivingBoy TheOnlyLivingBoy  Amazon Echo now $99.99 Limited-time offer: All-New Fire HD 8, starting at $59.99 Kindle Paperwhite Trade it in. Fund the next. Tailgating STEMClubToys17_gno

Customer reviews

Format: Hardcover|Change

Showing 1-10 of 33 reviews(Verified Purchases). See all 36 reviews
on June 14, 2016
My daughter lovesssss Ripley's books! If you like looking at strange things like my strange daughter this is the book for you!
on February 4, 2016
As grandparents we like to have fun things around the house for bored minds. The preteen boys love these books. I wish there were more pages in this one. Some of the older books are more hefty, meaning more reading time.
on January 11, 2012
This is always a great gift to give kids. It seems to be a hit more for boys in general in my experience. My granddaughter likes it, my grandson loves it. There also seems to be an age when this is popular.....9-12. I have included this every year as a Christmas present in the past couple of years. If you want to test whether to give as a gift, I would suggest you go into a store with the kids with you and just look through the book. If you see them get excited, then you know.
on March 19, 2013
I love this kind of stuff and gave this to my son as part of his Christmas gifts. He read it and was amazed and he hates to read.
on October 18, 2011
My daughter loves this book! She's 9 - and is facinated with the Ripley's books and the Guinness Book of world records. Every year for the last 2-3 years she gets a new book and spends hours looking at it. She keeps the old ones and uses them to look up things from previous years. Although some items are far fetched, I think it's a great way to show her that everyone is different, the world is a big and fun (and sometimes crazy) place, and people are soooo creative! We've had a lot of good discussions.
on November 25, 2011
OVER THE PAST 3 YEARS,IT'S BECOME MY JOB TO GIVE MY LITTLE BRO,A NEW EDITION,RIPLEY'S,FOR XMAS. I KNOW HOW MUCH I LOVED THESE BOOKS, WHEN I WAS A KID. AS ALWAYS,I WASN'T DISAPPOINTED. AMAZON'S EASY ORDERING AND SUPER SPEEDY DELIVERY, SAVED ME POUNDING THE STORES. IT'S A GREAT BOOK,BRILLIANT PRICE AND I'M GONNA ENJOY READING IT, WITH MY BROTHER, ON XMAS DAY. IF YOU HAVE A LITTLE BROTHER AND YOUR UNSURE WHAT TO BUY HIM FOR XMAS, RIPLEY'S IS A NO BRAINER!
on June 7, 2016
our son collects the Ripley's books and love the museums so this was a great add to the collection
on January 7, 2012
I bought this for my 9 year old son because he enjoys the guiness book of world records. He was fascinated by all the strange facts and would share them with me! They even had me in awe by some of the strange things people do! Great book for any child who enjoys reading about the strange things people do.
on October 8, 2011
I buy the "Ripley's Believe It or Not!" every year as a Christmas gift for my nephew. I do read it before I give it to him and just as I thought there could not be much more new information and events, there was more and better! A must for any person; young or old. I enjoyed it specifically because of the detailed photos. I can hardly wait until 2013 comes out! :-)
on January 15, 2013
If you know that person that likes unusual things, gross stuff, facts that seem impossible and some shocking - THEN THIS IS THE BOOK FOR them! Famous Ripley's seeks out the STRANGE in us all! This book was a great buy.