Rise of Nightmares is a single player Survival-Horror game exclusive to Xbox 360 that brings truly mature gameplay to the console's Kinect Sensor* accessory for the first time. Utilizing the Kinect Sensor's unique motion capture technology, the game allows for completely controller-free gameplay in a spine-tingling game environment filled with fearful anticipation, terror and of course, zombies. Additional features of the game include: a gripping storyline, dozens of melee and bladed weapons.
Experience Josh's Nightmares Through the Kinect Sensor
Rise of Nightmares is a true first - an unabashedly mature experience for Xbox 360 using the Kinect Sensor. Players take on the role of the well-meaning, but flawed hero, Josh. Intent on saving his faltering marriage to wife Kate, he sets off on what is intended as a romantic rail trip through Eastern Europe only see her kidnapped by a grotesque henchman. Not exactly the happy ending that was intended, he pursues but finds himself at the mercy of his target, a mad and morbidly creative scientist named Viktor, who is backed by various minions, including an army of zombie-like creations. Your goal is to survive one hellish night as you fight hand-to-hand against your enemies using the hands-free controls of Microsoft Kinect and attempt to find and free Kate.
Movement and Weapons
To survive Josh's nightmare you will need to utilize the Kinect Sensor to explore the game environments and discover the weapons needed to combat enemies. The game features dozens of diverse weapons of both the melee and slashing variety. These include everything from the standard fare of knives, axes, chainsaws and your bare hands and feet, to more gory contraptions that will rip your foes limb from limb if wielded correctly. Movement throughout the game is controllerless via the motion control capacity of the Kinect sensor, which recreates your every move whether that be running, backpedaling, side steps, balancing moves, jumps and more. The Kinect Sensor also allows for precision attacks, including punches, kicks, and blocks, as well as hacks and slashes with weapons that are also picked up using the Kinect Sensor. Adding to your horrific challenge, certain enemies may require attacks using specific weapons or combinations of weapons, and weapons are also degradable - meaning that they have a limited shelf life and must be used wisely.
The Kinect Sensor
The Kinect sensor allows you can experience gaming like never before. Easy to use and fun for everyone, the Kinect sensor utilizes revolutionary full-body tracking to put you in the center of the fun. This amazing new technology allows the sensor to recognize your body and mirror your movements in the game, making you the controller. The sensor is compatible with every Xbox 360, features a color VGA motion camera (640x480 pixel resolution @30FPS), a depth camera (640x480 pixel resolution @30FPS) and an array of 4 microphones supporting single speaker voice recognition.
Key Game Features
- The Horror/Survival Genre Comes to Kinect - An unashamedly mature title in a sea of family-friendly offerings on Kinect for the first time, Rise of Nightmares takes you into a cinematic world of horrific blood and violence.
- Unique Motion Controls - Punch, run, back pedal, kick, climb, balance, pick up items, and wield weapons as you use your whole body to fight the undead horde with physical brutality.
- Melee and Slashing Weapons - Rise of Nightmares contains dozens of melee and slashing weapons that degrade over time, meaning you have to use them or lose them.
- Explore and Investigate - Navigate through Viktor's castle with free movement control, uncover the secrets held within and delve deeper into his the mind of a madman.
- Deep and Varied Gameplay - Master the different fighting styles and various weapons, stealthy sneaking and puzzle-solving. Will you fall into the mansion's traps or lure the undead into one of your own?
- A Complete Experience - A full, cinematic gaming experience set in a twisted and astonishing world that grips you from the very start.
Melee and bladed weapons.
Frightening zombie creations.
Explore and puzzle-solve.
* Kinect Sensor sold separately and required for play.