Shop Auto Winter Products Salon Beauty Get $5 off book purchases over $20* Use promo code GIFTBOOK17 Black Friday Deals Week nav_sap_plcc_ascpsc For a limited time. 3 months for $0.99. Amazon Music Unlimited. New subscribers only. Terms and conditions apply. PCB for Musical Instruments $24.99 for a limited time only Try it first with samples Handmade Gift Shop Book a house cleaner for 2 or more hours on Amazon Early Black Friday deals: save 40% or more on Amazon Video Early Black Friday deals: save 40% or more on Amazon Video Early Black Friday deals: save 40% or more on Amazon Video  Echo Show Black Friday Deals Week: Fire tablets starting at $29.99. Limited-time offer. $30 off Kindle Paperwhite Just Dance 2018 Shop Now HTL17_gno

on September 5, 2016
Contemporary Sci-fi, Young Adult

John Smith and his guardian Henri seem to be living a normal life in Paradise, Ohio and John seems to be an ordinary teenager. John is most definitely not an ordinary teenager and keeping a low profile is essential for him. He is on the run and is an alien from the planet Lorien. Aliens that are evil and from the planet Mogadore, destroyed his world and are now hunting anyone that escaped.

There were nine Loric children that come to Earth to hide until they grew up and developed their Legacies. The powers that would help them fight back, survive and save Earth. Three are now dead. John is Number Four and knows he is next.

This is a story that is full of action and adventure and makes for a very fast read. It will also have readers checking out the other books in the series to learn more about this world and those that live in it. Reading how John fights to stay alive makes for an amazing read and will have readers hoping for more about him in the other books. It will also have readers hoping for a good ending at the end of the series. The book is full twists and turns and definitely takes readers on a roller coast ride that is unforgettable.
on February 1, 2017
This book is a work of art. For anyone who likes comic books, superheroes, Star Wars, or any other type of sci-fi, this book is most definitely for you. It keeps you hooked throughout, wondering what powers (legacies) that the heroes will sprout. When you read it, who can connect to the characters, wondering what will happen next, or feeling sorry for them. I am currently on the 4th book (The Fall Of Five). I must say that each book gets better and better. These books keep the reader excited and hooked throughout. I am constantly wondering what will happen next. In the third book, a cave writing depicts that a character (my favorite character) will die. The other characters are trying not to let him die, and each time that he is on the brink of death, he comes back to life due to another character's healing power. One betrays the group, which is like a slap to the face I must say, but it keeps the reader even more interested.

I am telling you: READ THIS BOOK!!! If you don't, your gonna wish that you had.

This book is also great for getting kids to read that usually don't read. I knew someone who almost never read, but once they picked up this book, they couldn't get enough.

This book is a must read. Happy reading!
on January 3, 2014
I really really really wanted to love this book, but sadly I just didn’t. I think I expected more from the book. I wanted to see the Loric come together and start kicking ass, instead we spent a majority of the book waiting for them to find each other. That’s not to say that other things don’t happen, they do, but I felt as if this one was very repetitive. There are only so many times I can watch John/ Four or whoever get cornered by the bad guys and somehow miraculously fight his way out.

Now, don’t get me wrong, I did enjoy the book. I like the action and suspense and sci-fi goodness this series brings. I love the kickass characters and how they really are just simply awesome. What I don’t like is that I still don’t have many answers concerning Lorien. I feel like I just have to accept certain things without any real reasoning or backing. Maybe the answers are being withheld until the conclusion, but I feel like there are a lot of things we should have answers to by now.

John/ Four is still awesome and I still love him, even when he is being all mopey over Sarah. Gosh, Sarah, I dislike her… a lot. She isn’t even in this one really and she still aggravated me. Then we have Six, who is all sorts of awesome. She is the definition of a tough chick. I love that we got her perspective in this one. With that, I wish we could have lost Marina’s perspective. She annoys me. Then we have what I think is the best addition to this series, Nine. Nine is an awesome character. He is hysterical! He always has a response and is always ready for a fight. Heck, he is always looking for a fight. But underneath the snark and wit, there is a good hearted guy there. He was rude, but I pretty much fell in love with him.

The ending to this one kinda kills and not necessarily in a good way. There really isn’t much closure. I get that it is a series, but I still want a story ARC and this book lacked that. The story came to a climax, but I feel as if the climax has been left to conclude in the next book. Plus, I thought the ending came about abruptly. I also didn’t like the transition between chapters. Every chapter seemed to end on a cliffhanger, almost as a ploy to keep you reading. While I am all about keeping your readers invested in the story, I don’t think you need to end every chapter the way the author did.

All in all, The Rise of Nine was a good addition to the series, albeit a bit disappointing. However, I have hopes for the next one as this book really sets up for the event we have all been waiting for.
on November 7, 2017
But it wasn't very close at all. If you watched the movie and that is why you have been avoiding this book, I implore you to reconsider. Though I did not mind the movie, the book was very different and not just John's age, relationship with Henri, the budding relationship with Sarah, his initial encounters with Mark, the development and training of his Legacies, and a number of details either overlooked or just unable to fit in the movie.
It's just the first book, and enough to grab your attention, and definitely worth the read.
on June 26, 2017
This is a really good book. I like the idea and the action, there was a nice twist or two which I kind of expected, but still enjoyed. The hero was logical and not over the top, I could easily picture girl and the friends. My problem is there is 7 books in this series, that is a lot of money, and a long time to read one story. I don't expect to read any others due to that reason alone.
on July 25, 2016
Overall I thought the book was awesome, but this is coming from a teenage boy with a ton of patience. I only have a few complaints.

Once John and Sarah started dating, it was a bunch of gushy mushy stuff. "Hey Beautiful" EW NO STOP.Anyways, how are we teenage boys (I'm assuming we are the target audience) supposed to read through that? It was cool that he got hooked up, but c'mon. We get it, you guys love each other. We don't need to be reminded every couple of pages.

A LOT of foreshadowing was used to the point where you could could predict more than you should've been able to. The second I read about the shapeshifting animals, I predicted that Bernie Kosar was one of them. Guess who was correct? ;) This might not have been foreshadowed really (except for when Henri told John the box can only be opened by the two of them- unless one of them died) but who didn't see Henri's death coming? I told myself to not get attached to him because I thought he was destined to die. Guess who was right about that too? ;)

My final complaint would have to be the GOSH DARN CLICHES. He has a crush on a [blonde hair blue eyed] girl who just so happened to be the ex girlfriend of the captain of the football team. He befriends an antisocial, nerdy kid who's into sci-fi. Are you kidding me? What the knick knack frick frack tic tac pattywack quarterback booty crack sneak attack belly fat high hat sewage flap dead rat uncle pat monkey trap ARE YOU DOING PITTACUS LORE???

Well that's it folks, tune in next month when I give my review on "The Power of Six"
on February 25, 2017
I loved this book so much that I went ahead and purchased all of the remaining books. I can not wait to get into the lost files. I am excited. This book was 100 times better than the movie. I wish the lost files were not ebooks. I am not an electronic book reader.
on July 28, 2016
I debated if I wanted to buy the book after seeing the movie. I am so glad I read the book. It's almost a totally different story and so many times better

Great read and you will have to buy the whole series. Too bad they did such a poor move.
on July 27, 2013
Before anything is said on this product, I would just like to point out that there was a previous collection of three short stories called I Am Number Four: The Lost Files. This is sort of the sequel to that. What it contains is three short stories called The Search For Sam, The Last Days of Lorien, and The Forgotten Ones. The Search for Sam and The Forgotten Ones are the continued story of Adamus Sutekh, a Mogardian whose story began in The Forgotten Legacies in I Am Number Four: The Lost Files. Long story short, he has all of Number One's memories and as a result, he's become sympathetic to the Lorics. Anyway, he was thrown off a cliff trying to save Number Three, and now he's trying to live a normal life away from aliens. All I'm going to say is, that doesn't last long. The Last Days of Lorien is a prequel to the whole series; it tells the story of Sandor, Nine's Cépan (mentor), living on Lorien before it was destroyed.
So is this worth buying? First off, each short story is roughly the length of a third of a normal book. Secondly, I thoroughly enjoyed all three stories. (And by the way, it also contains the first chapter of The Fall of Five, which has not yet come out at the time of this writing.) Finally, it's an excellent addition to the series, and is solely quality story-telling, unlike Rick Riordan's Lost Files, which contain puzzles and frills that are unnecessary (in my opinion.)
In conclusion: I bought it, and if you enjoy this series, I would recommend buying this. It's only nine bucks, and you've probably wasted more on things not as enjoyable.
on May 1, 2016
I loved this book! This series may become my new favorite series! There is tons of action and adventure, 2 things that I enjoy in a book. I also really liked that I didn't find any part boring. Normally in the beginning of books there are some backstories or lots of explaining and the main character docent really know what's going on. Not in this book! There was a little bit where they told the readers about how they got to earth and what happened to their planet, but after that it's all exciting and interesting. The main character has to deal with problems at school as well as have to deal with never being able to stay in the same spot for a long time. Now he has finally started to like this new school but he soon learns he has to leave again. He then has to deal with more problems with the mogadorians, an alien race that is trying to destroy his people, and a new ally, number 6. If this sounds interesting to you, you should definitely read I am Number Four by Pittacus Lore. I can't wait to read the second book in this series!