Save Big On Open-Box & Pre-owned: Buy "Rise of the Tomb Raider: 20 Year Celebration - Pla...” from Amazon Warehouse Deals and save 55% off the $59.99 list price. Product is eligible for Amazon's 30-day returns policy and Prime or FREE Shipping. See all Open-Box & Pre-owned offers from Amazon Warehouse Deals.
About the Product
- The Critically Acclaimed Action Adventure –Lara Croft becomes more than a survivor as she embarks on her first Tomb Raiding expedition to the most treacherous and remote regions of Siberia in search of an ancient mystery
- New ‘Blood Ties’ Single Player Story – Explore Lara’s childhood home in all-new Story Mode adventure, and uncover a family mystery that will change her life forever.
- New ‘Blood Ties’ Nightmare – Lara’s worst nightmares come alive as hordes of the undead overrun her childhood home. Compete with friends and create community challenges with card modifiers
- New Endurance Mode Co-Op – You and a friend must work together to raid tombs in a brutal wilderness. Battle to the top of the leaderboards, as others try to beat your longest survival run.
- PlayStation VR support - Experience 'Blood Ties' Single Player Story in a whole new way with full Virtual Reality support using the PlayStation VR headset (not included); details in description below
Customers who bought this item also bought
What other items do customers buy after viewing this item?
Special offers and product promotions
From the Manufacturer
Rise of the Tomb Raider
20 Year Celebration
- Rise of the Tomb Raider: 20 Year Celebration includes the critically acclaimed Rise of the Tomb Raider, nominated for over 75 'Best Of' awards, in which Lara Croft becomes more than a survivor as she embarks on her first Tomb Raiding expedition to the most treacherous and remote regions of Siberia.
- Rise of the Tomb Raider: 20 Year Celebration also includes the new 'Blood Ties' single player content, VR support, new Co-op play for Endurance mode, 'Ultimate Survivor' difficulty mode for the main campaign, 20 Year Celebration outfit and gun, and 5 classic Lara skins. Also includes all previously released Downloadable Content including: Baba Yaga: The Temple of the Witch, Endurance Mode, Cold Darkness Awakened, 12 outfits, 7 weapons, and 35 expedition cards. With over 50 hours of gameplay, this is the most comprehensive version of the award-winning experience.
- The Critically Acclaimed Action Adventure – In Rise of the Tomb Raider, Lara uncovers an ancient mystery that places her in the cross-hairs of a ruthless organization known as Trinity. As she races to find the secret before Trinity, the trail leads to a myth about the Lost City of Kitezh. Lara knows she must reach the Lost City and its hidden secrets before Trinity as she sets out for Siberia on her first Tomb Raiding expedition.
- New 'Blood Ties' Single Player Story – Explore Lara’s childhood home in an hour of new Story Mode gameplay, and uncover a family mystery that will change her life forever. This new mode is playable in standard third person and can also be experienced in Virtual Reality mode.
- New 'Blood Ties' Nightmare - Lara’s worst nightmares come alive as hordes of the undead overrun her childhood home.
- New Endurance Mode Co-Op: You and a friend must scrounge, scavenge and craft to survive the harsh elements by day, as well as lethal threats from enemies, both man and beast, by night. This is the ultimate test to see how long you and a friend can survive the sprawling, unforgiving landscapes.
- New 20 Year Celebration Content - Five classic Lara Croft skins as well as a reimagined outfit that pays tribute to Lara’s trip to Antarctica in Tomb Raider III. New content also includes the 'Ultimate Survivor' difficulty mode in Rise of the Tomb Raider that will severely limit your save points, crafting materials, resources, ammunition, and health – only the most resourceful and capable will survive this new extreme difficulty.
Rise of the Tomb Raider: 20 Year Celebration includes the critically acclaimed Rise of the Tomb Raider, nominated for over 75 ‘Best Of’ awards. With over 50 hours of gameplay and all-new content created to celebrate 20 years of the iconic Lara Croft. This is the most comprehensive version of the award-winning experience. In the critically acclaimed Tomb Raider, Lara Croft was forged into a true survivor, but she glimpsed a deeper, secret world. Now, after uncovering an ancient mystery, Lara must explore the most treacherous and remote regions of Siberia to find the secret of immortality before a ruthless organization known as Trinity. Lara must use her wits and survival skills, form new alliances, and ultimately embrace her destiny as the Tomb Raider. Experience high-octane action moments, conquer beautifully hostile environments, engage in brutal guerilla combat, and explore awe-inspiring deadly tombs in the evolution of survival action. In “Rise of the Tomb Raider,” Lara becomes more than a survivor as she embarks on her first Tomb Raiding expedition. PlayStation VR Support: The full “Blood Ties” story chapter can be experienced in PlayStation VR, and players choose between two control schemes. “Comfort Mode” allows players to teleport from point to point, completely eliminating any potential discomfort. Meanwhile, experienced VR users can select “Free Mode” to move and look around using the thumb sticks. Manipulate HD relics, examine documents, and control the flashlight with the Sixaxis controller motion as you unlock the mystery of Lara’s childhood home in first-person. The immersive HD beauty of Croft Manor is perfectly suited to VR, and for the first time in franchise history, players can explore the world through Lara’s eyes.
Top Customer Reviews
Make no mistake, I loved playing this game. Still, I am a bit appalled that after a year of Microsoft exclusivity, Square Enix still hasn't bothered to fix the virtual plethora of mildly irritating but relatively inconsequential bugs. I didn't come across anything game ending or that even prevented me from completing any quests, unlike some reviewers. The game never crashed on me. And that criticism has nothing to do with the slightly clunky, unpolished game mechanics nor any of the inexplicably bad logic that went into parts of its design. Like most games these day, you just have to accept that the kids building these things not only didn't do their homework, they don't always seem to have a grasp of basic physics, or common sense for that matter. Rather my criticism is toward things that really there's just no excuse for, like bugged map markers that waste your time looking for something that isn't even there or that you already found and the game failed to shade out like it's supposed to. I'm talking about simple side quests that turn into the hardest parts of the game, because the programmers didn't do their job correctly.
The story itself too is rather poorly thought out, more like a movie sequel spawned of profit rather than born from an inspired story idea. It's forced, convoluted, seemingly plagiarized, and in large part doesn't make a lot of sense. To call it trite would be an understatement. It feels like they followed the plot of the first game, but just changed most of the details, leaving us with a fun adventure, but a story that's less developed and grounded. Yet the gorgeously rendered, exotic and highly explorable locations help you forgive the stories failings well enough.
I would recommend this game to any fan of the first or of Naughty Dog style, story driven adventures (Uncharted, Last of Us). But I'd caution to keep your expectations low and wait for a significant price discount, even if you're an xBox owner. As apparently giving Microsoft one year of exclusivity still didn't pay well enough to ensure a professionally finished product. Then again, in todays gaming world of using early buyers as their testers, you can find far worse. Cant wait for the next, but I'll be tempted to steer clear until the dust settles if they have to stoop to platform exploitation again, even if it's in Sony's favor next time, unless reviews are overwhelmingly positive on all accounts.