Save Big On Open-Box & Used Products: Buy "Rise of the Tomb Raider: 20 Year Celebration - Pla...” from Amazon Open-Box & Used and save 30% off the $49.99 list price. Product is eligible for Amazon's 30-day returns policy and Prime or FREE Shipping. See all offers from Amazon Open-Box & Used.
Trade in. Get paid. Go shopping
Get free shipping with fast payment.
We are unable to process your trade-in order.
About the product
- The Critically Acclaimed Action Adventure –Lara Croft becomes more than a survivor as she embarks on her first Tomb Raiding expedition to the most treacherous and remote regions of Siberia in search of an ancient mystery
- New ‘Blood Ties’ Single Player Story – Explore Lara’s childhood home in all-new Story Mode adventure, and uncover a family mystery that will change her life forever.
- New ‘Blood Ties’ Nightmare – Lara’s worst nightmares come alive as hordes of the undead overrun her childhood home. Compete with friends and create community challenges with card modifiers
- New Endurance Mode Co-Op – You and a friend must work together to raid tombs in a brutal wilderness. Battle to the top of the leaderboards, as others try to beat your longest survival run.
- PlayStation VR support - Experience 'Blood Ties' Single Player Story in a whole new way with full Virtual Reality support using the PlayStation VR headset (not included); details in description below
Frequently bought together
Customers who bought this item also bought
Special offers and product promotions
From the manufacturer
Rise of the Tomb Raider
20 Year Celebration
- Rise of the Tomb Raider: 20 Year Celebration includes the critically acclaimed Rise of the Tomb Raider, nominated for over 75 'Best Of' awards, in which Lara Croft becomes more than a survivor as she embarks on her first Tomb Raiding expedition to the most treacherous and remote regions of Siberia.
- Rise of the Tomb Raider: 20 Year Celebration also includes the new 'Blood Ties' single player content, VR support, new Co-op play for Endurance mode, 'Ultimate Survivor' difficulty mode for the main campaign, 20 Year Celebration outfit and gun, and 5 classic Lara skins. Also includes all previously released Downloadable Content including: Baba Yaga: The Temple of the Witch, Endurance Mode, Cold Darkness Awakened, 12 outfits, 7 weapons, and 35 expedition cards. With over 50 hours of gameplay, this is the most comprehensive version of the award-winning experience.
- The Critically Acclaimed Action Adventure – In Rise of the Tomb Raider, Lara uncovers an ancient mystery that places her in the cross-hairs of a ruthless organization known as Trinity. As she races to find the secret before Trinity, the trail leads to a myth about the Lost City of Kitezh. Lara knows she must reach the Lost City and its hidden secrets before Trinity as she sets out for Siberia on her first Tomb Raiding expedition.
- New 'Blood Ties' Single Player Story – Explore Lara’s childhood home in an hour of new Story Mode gameplay, and uncover a family mystery that will change her life forever. This new mode is playable in standard third person and can also be experienced in Virtual Reality mode.
- New 'Blood Ties' Nightmare - Lara’s worst nightmares come alive as hordes of the undead overrun her childhood home.
- New Endurance Mode Co-Op: You and a friend must scrounge, scavenge and craft to survive the harsh elements by day, as well as lethal threats from enemies, both man and beast, by night. This is the ultimate test to see how long you and a friend can survive the sprawling, unforgiving landscapes.
- New 20 Year Celebration Content - Five classic Lara Croft skins as well as a reimagined outfit that pays tribute to Lara’s trip to Antarctica in Tomb Raider III. New content also includes the 'Ultimate Survivor' difficulty mode in Rise of the Tomb Raider that will severely limit your save points, crafting materials, resources, ammunition, and health – only the most resourceful and capable will survive this new extreme difficulty.
Rise of the Tomb Raider: 20 Year Celebration includes the critically acclaimed Rise of the Tomb Raider, nominated for over 75 ‘Best Of’ awards. With over 50 hours of gameplay and all-new content created to celebrate 20 years of the iconic Lara Croft. This is the most comprehensive version of the award-winning experience. In the critically acclaimed Tomb Raider, Lara Croft was forged into a true survivor, but she glimpsed a deeper, secret world. Now, after uncovering an ancient mystery, Lara must explore the most treacherous and remote regions of Siberia to find the secret of immortality before a ruthless organization known as Trinity. Lara must use her wits and survival skills, form new alliances, and ultimately embrace her destiny as the Tomb Raider. Experience high-octane action moments, conquer beautifully hostile environments, engage in brutal guerilla combat, and explore awe-inspiring deadly tombs in the evolution of survival action. In “Rise of the Tomb Raider,” Lara becomes more than a survivor as she embarks on her first Tomb Raiding expedition. PlayStation VR Support: The full “Blood Ties” story chapter can be experienced in PlayStation VR, and players choose between two control schemes. “Comfort Mode” allows players to teleport from point to point, completely eliminating any potential discomfort. Meanwhile, experienced VR users can select “Free Mode” to move and look around using the thumb sticks. Manipulate HD relics, examine documents, and control the flashlight with the Sixaxis controller motion as you unlock the mystery of Lara’s childhood home in first-person. The immersive HD beauty of Croft Manor is perfectly suited to VR, and for the first time in franchise history, players can explore the world through Lara’s eyes.
Top Customer Reviews
The plot isn't much in any TR game. Here though the plot helps sting along the active parts of the game. It is cohesive and strong enough to keep the player involved. If it was a bit obvious in places that's not a bad thing and as an anchor for everything else this was better than most.
This game looks gorgeous. Really super gorgeous. The attention paid to backgrounds, foregrounds, NPCs and main characters is amazing. As a fan of animation I can tell just how much work has been put into making hair move naturally. Wow! Okay they didn't quite get the wet hair right but this has to be the best looking game on a PS4 to date.
Music/SFX - Good enough
Length - About right.
Cons - None really. My only niggle, and this is common to the genre, is that you can only play the game the game's way. This is a fault shared with the UnCharted series too. The only solution is the programmers solution which is why I prefer Dishonored or Dishonored 2 as the means to the objective is for me to discover. If you know and accept this limitation upfront then that's fine. In this case it didn't irritate me too much except at the end. (Spolier - If i hit someone in the head with an axe 25 times they're toast. Not here I have to jump off a pillar, perform a can-can dance and then hit someone in the head with an axe - Bah Humbug!)
Great looking, coherent plot, good fight sequences, right length - One of the best games for PS4.