- "How Melanson dealt with the vampire lore was interesting and fans of Twilight might enjoy Rising Tide. The cliff-hanger definitely leaves you wondering what's going to happen next." ~ Kayti Nika Raet for Readers' Favorite
- "It's about vampires, coming of age, a mother-daughter relationship and romance. And it's good. ... I also love the cover art; kudos to the cover designer, Rachel Montreuil. All in all, this is an enjoyable page-turner." ~ Lit Amri for Readers' Favorite
- "Maura stayed with me long after I finished the book."~Mark Matthews, Author of On the Lips of Children & Milk-Blood.
- "Ms. Melanson has found an excellent balance here with a storyline that is straightforward enough to not be confusing and intriguing enough to remain compelling." ~Leslie Stokes for InD'tale Magazine
- "Can there EVER be too many great YA fantasy novels? Claudette Melanson, author Rising Tide has definitely made a place among them!" ~Diiane Bylo, Top 500 Reviewer and owner of Tome Tender Book Blog
"Rising Tide: Dark Innocence is expertly written, a story that features compelling characters and excellent prose with descriptions that create powerful images in the reader's mind. Told from the perspective of the protagonist, the pathos comes out clearly,one of the elements readers want to see in this kind of novel.The author has a unique gift for great settings -- social, cultural, and physical -- and the reader is transported to the world of the protagonist and the inner workings of her heart." Divine Zape forReaders' Favorite, 5 Star Review
"Claudette Melanson's young adult paranormal coming of age novel, Rising Tide: Dark Innocence: The Maura DeLuca Trilogy, Book 1, is an entertaining and well-written story about a young woman on the cusp of undreamed of changes... Melanson leaves plenty of tantalizing clues for the reader to suss out the nature of Maura's burgeoning transformation, and the tautly dramatic ending of the story had me looking forward to the next book in her Maura DeLuca Trilogy. Rising Tide: Dark Innocence is most highly recommended." Jack Magnus for Readers' Favorite, 5 Star Review
"I generally abhor vampire fiction but Rising Tide tempted me with what sounded like a distinctly different approach to the genre. I wasn't disappointed...Claudette Melanson's portrayal of Maura's changes is refreshing and well written. There are several deviations from the canon regarding vampires, but I believe they'll be acceptable to fans of the genre when one keeps in mind that Maura is in a state of transition. The romance between Maura and Ron is the perfect balance between sweet and realistic... Rising Tide is a must-read for vampire fans." Caitlin Lyle Farley for Readers' Favorite, 4 Star Review
About the Author
In her spare time she enjoys watching Japanese Anime and reading vampire stories....along with other great fiction. She is also very interested in good health and is an advocate of Ketogenic eating, using whole and natural foods. Her favorite foods are bulletproof coffee, cashew flour crust pizza and treats made with xylitol and almond, coconut or cashew flours.
Future dreams include writing many more books and spending more time with her son Jacob. Her biggest dream is to make Universal Halloween Horror Nights a yearly event with hubby and son. A Rabbit Rescue fanatic, she also hopes to help rescues all over the world save many innocent lives.