Other Sellers on Amazon
+ $3.99 shipping
+ Free Shipping
At Risk in the Promised Land: A Commentary on the Book of Judges (International Theological Commentary) Paperback – August 19, 1990
Enter your mobile number or email address below and we'll send you a link to download the free Kindle App. Then you can start reading Kindle books on your smartphone, tablet, or computer - no Kindle device required.
To get the free app, enter your mobile phone number.
Frequently bought together
Customers who bought this item also bought
- Item Weight : 9.3 ounces
- Paperback : 194 pages
- ISBN-13 : 978-0802804327
- Product dimensions : 5.5 x 0.49 x 8.5 inches
- Publisher : Wm. B. Eerdmans-Lightning Source (August 19, 1990)
- Language: : English
- Best Sellers Rank: #3,443,473 in Books (See Top 100 in Books)
- Customer Reviews:
Top reviews from the United States
There was a problem filtering reviews right now. Please try again later.
(1) Israel's descent into from a people chosen by God to inherit the land, to a people who take possession of the land in a way that outside and in opposition to God's intentions.
(2) The author relates Israel's descent as a model of the dangers imposed upon the Christian community by her assimilation to the surrounding society.
This book offers brief background settings of each story in Judges so as to, perhaps, catch a glimpse of the thought and/or intentions of the characters involved.
The "perspectives" section takes the long-ago scenes of Judges and transfers them into our contemporary Church surrounded by political power of its ruling society and its ungodly cultural influences, enhancing our understanding of those present dangers of assimilation and what exactly those dangers entail.
A short book (only 182 pages) but packed insights that will provide a foundation to discern our place as a people of God and how we are divinely called to "possess the Land."