Similar authors to follow
Manage your follows
About Rita Mulcahy
Rita Mulcahy, PMP, is an international expert in project
management "Tricks of the Trade," and best practices with over 15
years and $2.5 billion of hands-on experience. She has taught over
4,500 project managers from around the world and has helped over 1,500
people get ready to pass the PMP exam. Rita has helped write the PMP
exam and is one of only about 15 trainers PMI uses for worldwide
project management training. She has spent 7 years as a PMI chapter
officer and has spoken at Project World and PMI's International
Project Management Symposium to standing room only crowds in 1998 and
1999. Rita's work is sought after around the world.
Rita is the President of RMC - Project Management, a project
management training, consulting and speaking firm helping companies
use project management tools and techniques to complete projects
faster, cheaper, better, and with fewer resources. RMC - Project
Management is a Registered Education Provider (R.E.P.) with the
Project Management Institute.
Customers Also Bought Items By
Titles By Rita Mulcahy
- Tricks of the Trade® from more than 140 worldwide contributors
- A methodology that will help you prevent many of the problems commonly faced on projects
- Over 1,000 sample risks and risk categories that will help you identify more threats and opportunities on your projects
- Risk management templates you can adapt to your projects
- Exercises that utilize our accelerated learning approach to increase your knowledge
- A 75-question final review with detailed explanations to test your understanding of risk management
In this book, you will find:
- A comprehensive plan for managing predictive projects
- More than 100 tools and techniques
- Templates for key tools
- The role of the project manager during every aspect of project management
- How to be an effective leader
- Ways to practice what you learn
- A foundation for managing projects
Whether you are new to project management or a seasoned pro, prime yourself with this essential project management fundamentals book for your projects.
IT professionals are often faced with extremely challenging project deployments, as well as initiatives that are mission-critical to their organizations. For IT project managers, a strong understanding of the discipline of project management can be invaluable—both to success with individual projects and to their overall careers. However, most books and training materials on project management pay little or no attention to the unique challenges IT project managers face.
PM Crash Course™ for IT Professionals is full of project management tools that you can apply immediately to your IT projects—to deliver them on time, on budget, and with fewer headaches. Authored by world-renowned project management trainer Rita Mulcahy, this book will help you get your IT projects back on track using proven, real-world project management tools and techniques.
This revolutionary Course in a Book® covers the basics of project management, including planning, scheduling, budgeting, and more. It also moves beyond the basics to cover a number of real-world project management tools and techniques for IT initiatives. The authors provide indispensable practical checklists, templates, and exercises to reinforce your learning of these concepts. The book includes dozens of tricks, insights, and contributions from real project managers sharing what has made a difference for them when managing real-world projects.
If you are looking for easy-to-use tools and processes to make an immediate impact on your current IT project, PM Crash Course™ for IT Professionals is the resource for you.
Rita Mulcahy, PMP, founder and CEO of RMC Project Management, is the most popular project management author in the world. Since 1991, hundreds of thousands of project managers have utilized her 30+ best-selling books and resources to expand their project management knowledge and further their careers.
Real-World Issues Covered:
• Understanding why IT projects fail--—and preventing failure
• Defining effective IT project charters and requirements
• Organizing IT roadmaps into manageable projects
• Capturing, creating, and using historical data
• Establishing “soft” and “hard” project metrics and milestones
• Defining project scope, and avoiding scope creep
• Identifying and managing stakeholders and expectations
• Choosing the right PM tools for your needs—including in-house, hosted, and cloud-based solutions
Broché : 535 pages
ISBN-13 : 978-1932735185
Dimensions du produit : 22.23 x 4.45 x 29.21 cm
Éditeur : RMC Publications (1 janvier 2009)
Langue : : Anglais
ASIN : 1932735186