Amazon.com: Customer Reviews: RiteAV - SVGA Monitor Cable - 25 Ft.
Amazon Vehicles Back to School Amazon Fashion Learn more Discover it Songs of Summer Fire TV Stick Health, Household and Grocery Back to School Totes Amazon Cash Back Offer TheKicks TheKicks TheKicks  Amazon Echo  Echo Dot  Amazon Tap  Echo Dot  Amazon Tap  Amazon Echo Starting at $49.99 All-New Kindle Oasis GNO Back to School

Length: 25ft|Change

on April 26, 2009
Bought this for church Power Point presentations. Works really well with no signal degradation. Nice heavy duty connections with good outer insulation. Great cable at a super price!
VINE VOICEon January 23, 2010
Needed a long VGA cable to hook a laptop up to a big screen TV about 15 feet away. Cable works perfect and was reasonably priced. Very happy
VINE VOICEon February 13, 2012
I connected this cable between my macbook pro and my 47" 3-D HDTV. The picture looks great and there is no noticeable loss of any kind.

I see that some folks have had some problems with the cable though. As someone who's done tech repair in a computer shop, I can tell you the reason for this as I've seen the problem many times. The problem is almost always with the pins in the cable. They can be loose, bent, or simply missing/broken. If the pins are bent, you can sometimes bend them back and the cable will work fine, but they can break easily. If they're loose, there's not much you can do, likewise if they're missing/broken. It would seem that some cables from the company are getting out that may have some issues, but overall, it appears as though most of their cables are good. If you get ghosting or flickering colors, just use the Amazon return process and get a new one free of charge. The chances of getting 2 bad cables in a row is pretty remote, and you really can't knock the price at all. If you get two bad cables, well, they're probably 2 good cables and I'd start looking at your system.

Another potential problem with your video cable might be your video card. Sometimes, when you push the cable onto the video card, you lift up and unseat the video card. This is very common and happens all the time because not everyone screws down their video cards. Also, the connector on the video card may have come loose.

But again, the cable works fine for me, and is freaking long as heck and a great price. The cable is a bit stiff, but hey, it's 50 feet long and works flawlessly, so I can't complain.
77 comments| 12 people found this helpful. Was this review helpful to you?YesNoReport abuse
VINE VOICEon November 4, 2008
This cable is well constructed and served well on the longer distance needed in my set-up.
on August 9, 2009
I ordered this cable for my home theater projector. I can see absolutely no signal loss whatsoever. It's rather thick and well coated to avoid any signal degrading effects on the image. The "chokes" (round things near the ends of the cable) help, too. I am very satisfied with my order and would happily order another cable from this company!
on July 7, 2009
I've run a laptop to projector with this cable and couldn't notice any signal degradation. Also used this cable from a distribution amp to LCD displays and cable performed perfectly.

Cable is constructed well. Great buy!
on December 19, 2011
Used it to connect my HP laptop to an LG 65" 3D HD television. First, right out of the box, the metal sheath protecting the pins on one end was bent, preventing it from being inserted into the female connector. The metal was a very thin and mediocre alloy, so I was able to bend it back simply using the tip of my finger.

Then I connected both ends and saw....nothing. TV indicated there was no SVGA input.

As a sanity check, I took another SVGA cable from a working desktop computer and tried it. The old cable worked beautifully and the computer desktop was displayed on the television.

Then I tested the shipped cable using a meter and discovered that 7 out of 15 pins were either not wired or were mis-wired! (All 15 pins of the old cable worked.)

Seriously inadequate quality control.
on March 18, 2010
We use this cable in a portable church setting. We wrap it fairly carefully in circles and do not create any pressure points when packing or using. However, about 4 months later, the cable became unusable - initially, it changed colors to all yellow, red, or blue, and after a while, it would freeze an image on the projector. We tested with multiple cables, and this was the only one that did so. My assumption is that due to its length, somewhere in the middle the cable became damaged, causing the image to become distorted.
on June 23, 2012
I've tried a few of these cables with poor results...ghosting, color saturation, and just unclear picture quality. So, I decided to try another one (this one) with the ferrite shields. I received the pictured product from IDIGIMART INC and this one is working very nicely on my HD TV. I don't know if the ferrite shields are helping or the supplier (IDIGIMART INC) has a better quality product. Whatever the reason, I am happy with this cable. I am getting a full 1920 X 1080 resolution with very good color/picture quality to my 50" HD TV. Granted, this is not a HDMI cable so the picture quality is limited to VGA standards but, still, I am able to view HD content with very good results.

Overall, I am very happy with this cable and the seller IDIGIMART.
on July 31, 2012
Please beware of that some seller sells cable has only 14 pins instead of 15. The missing pin is used to identify the monitor, which will not affect the video signal in most cases. Nevertheless, sometimes the computer needs the model of the monitor to setup the proper alignment, and in those cases this cable will work poorly.