Your Garage Best Books of the Month STEM nav_sap_plcc_ascpsc Limited time offer Luxury Beauty Handmade Mother's Day Gifts STEM Book House Cleaning siliconvalley siliconvalley siliconvalley  All-New Echo Dot Starting at $49.99 Kindle Oasis National Bike Month on Amazon disgotg_gno_17

Showing 1-10 of 22 reviews(Verified Purchases). See all 70 reviews
on November 7, 2006
The design of this ice cream maker leaves a lot to be desired. Only small cracked or shaved ice will fit around the tub and the plastic lid is already showing signs of wear.
on October 25, 2006
I have used this ice cream maker 4 times and on the 4th time the

metal pin that turns the paddle broke. I find that the metal pin only

goes into the plastic paddle about 3 inches. The ice cream froze on the

sides of the bucket and the plastic paddle couldn't turn the frozen

cream causing the paddle to crumble. I would not recommend this to any

one as it is cheaply made.
on August 8, 2006
It was not the redwood style I had hoped for, but the wood is bonded securely together and the motor has plenty of strength. It shuts off when done as advertised.

An excellent product for the money!!

George A. Leibengood

East moline, Illinois
on October 7, 2008
I was so pissed at this maker the other day, I visualized myself kicking it down my front yard! I've made ice cream for several years and have tried several makers. This one was reasonably priced and a brand that I was familiar with. It worked fine for the first few batches but the last two times, it's been terrible. The last batch that I made (I thought was frozen well), then I opened the canister and it was not. I finished it up in my Cuisinart freezer Cuisinart ICE-20 Automatic 1-1/2-Quart Ice-Cream Maker, White (which works wonderfully but it just makes 1.5 quarts per batch). I purchased two of these and they both have problems, so it doesn't seem to just be an occasional flaw. Don't buy it!
on June 3, 2008
Hi Everyone....I like many others bought a piece of junk. However...I did not read the reviews. I just saw I and bought it. My father wanted one.

We tried it and followed the instructions. We had the sme problems listed in many of the reviews. Metal shavings, not contack being made...you name it...faulty machine.

I called rival for their help. There response to me was that they do not honour the warranty for purchases made on amason and ebay. The lady at rival said I would have to buy back the motor. We are not spending anymore money on this unit.

My father decided to work on the bucket to lower the motor. We are trying again to churn the ice cream.

I also do not recommend this product.
on August 16, 2008
I guess wanting a good insualted type wooden bucket was needed RIVAL produces weak poor quality, Go with plastic bucket and plastic dasher is poor on performance but for cheap value it teh plastic bucket that you must buy, Presoaking wooded tub prior to use is a waste of time and fun away from family
on November 12, 2007
This is is not worth getting. It worked great the first two times. Then the bucket started leaking water. Had to reseal all of the joints. The bracket on the bottom of the motor broke that turns the ice cream bucket. Save your money and buy from a store near you so you can return if needed.
on August 31, 2009
With six little kids standing, watching this machine with anticipation and the beater in the machine not turning because of a design flaw is disappointing to say the least. Never the less we tried it again with the same results. Oh well I've been fished in before!
on July 14, 2013
If you want to make ice cream once, buy this model.

1. It leaks,

2. The motor parts and gears, etc. are made from plastic and soft aluminum. Translation: Once the ice cream thickens, the gears strip out and the device is useless!

Once more, America has exported its production to China and the result would make our industrial ancestors roll over!!!!
on February 18, 2010
It makes good ice cream but the motor is a little weak. We don't use it very often so I don't believe it should be warn out already...good buy for the price though.