Lyft Industrial Deals Beauty Best Books of the Month Shop new men's suiting nav_sap_plcc_ascpsc New Album by Noah Gundersen GNO for iPhone 8 Starting at $39.99 Grocery Handmade Tote Bags Book a house cleaner for 2 or more hours on Amazon Transparent Transparent Transparent  Introducing Echo Show Introducing All-New Fire HD 10 with Alexa hands-free $149.99 Kindle Oasis, unlike any Kindle you've ever held GNO Shop Now ToyHW17_gno

Showing 1-10 of 63 reviews(Verified Purchases). See all 68 reviews
on July 1, 2014
We have the basic 22.5" Weber kettle grill that they now call the "Silver" model. It didn't come with a thermometer and, as I've gotten interested in low-n-slow BBQ using the Minion method, I need to know what the temp is inside the grill. This 3" River Country Easy Mount (RC-T3) Adjustable BBQ, Grill, & Smoker thermometer is just what I needed. It was easy to install, you can calibrate it to boiling water (remember, boiling temp of water goes down about 1-1/2 °F per thousand feet of altitude), and ours is still clear faced and easy to read 3 years after purchasing it.
on July 16, 2017
Incredible accurate reading! Easy to see. I loved River Country products so much that i installed 2 thermometers on my 22" WSM. One 5" on the dome and other 3" on the side to read lower grate temp. Now i can easily cook different meats knowing when each is ready. Besides, i installed another River Country on my 26 Webber kettle replacing original thermometer. Highly recommendable product and heavy duty crafted.
on June 25, 2017
This thing tells you the temp. Will have to adjust it to tell you the truth though. I synced it with my digital therm. I love it. I smoked a pork butt, and it was cooked through.
on April 10, 2017
these are great, very accurate I would highly recommend
on January 30, 2012
I bought this thermometer for my smoker because of its size (3") and the fact that the center was suppose to be 1/4" in diameter! The one that I received WAS NOT...it was 1/2" in diameter. Luckily I have a reamer that I could ream out the original hole in my smoker to 9/16" and then get it to screw on smoker. River Country" offers the same dial in both center sizes of 1/4" AND 1/2"...THIS ONE was suppose to be the 1/4" one. I don't know if it is because of mixed stock at the warehouse or in packaging? But its wrong! I called River Country several times to tell them about the problem, but I always received a recorded message. I wanted to talk to a human and never left a message because I hate phone tag! Because of the size problem I can only give it four (4) stars.

Now the dial itself is great! It seems to be quite accurate and the 3" size and colored areas allows me to view my smoker temperature from quite a distance. Therefore I don't have to go outside as much on nasty days and I still can smoke my stuff.
11 comment|Was this review helpful to you?YesNoReport abuse
on December 27, 2016
View as "very accurate" compared to original equipment thermometer installed on grill. Started to order 2" version, but very happy "upgrading" to the 3" RC-T3. Easy to see from a distance if sitting near the grill, or warming up to temperature. Hole was right size so no drilling required, was easy installation.
on May 29, 2017
Easy to adjust and very accurate
on March 5, 2011
I smoke many types of meat and use my smoker regularly. I need to have an accurate reading or the meat will not cook properly and turn out in an acceptable way. This thermometer is just the ticket. I've worked in restaurants for a major portion of my professional career and being able to calibrate your thermometers is crucial. I will advise everyone out there to NOT BUY A THERMOMETER THAT IS NOT ADJUSTABLE. You'll just be throwing your money away in the long run.

This has an easy to read, large gauge, and is color coded for even easier readings from a distance. Installation is easy and anyone should be able to do it. Many don't know how to calibrate a thermometer. Either boil some water and see if the gauge reads 212 degrees, or fill a glass or bowl with ice, add water to fill it, and then take a reading. It should read just barely above 32 degrees. Adjust and you're done.

The thermometer installed on my smoker was a piece of garbage, and even though I love the smoker, that part was cheap, as is on many outdoor grills and smokers. Save your money in the long run and get one of River Country's ADUSTABLE thermometers. You'll love it!
on May 11, 2011
arrived in the uk within 10 days of placing the order,it was purchaced to fit to my webber one touch gold. i tested it first to check its accuracy in boiling water,and it read approx 212 d/f. if you wish there is no need to actualy drill the hole into the top of the bbq because with the aid of a washer it can be fitted to one of the top vent holes instead and this way it can also be removed if you wish. i used it to maintain the temperature of the bbq to cook a turkey over the easter hollidays which it did to perfection. the purchase of this little wonder will now offer me much more scope for cooking and even smoking on my webber this is a great product for the price and great service from the seller
many thanks
on December 22, 2013
I purchased two of these for homemade smokers I have built. I have a UDS and a mini WSM. The shipping was very fast. The ability to adjust these is great. Just boil a pot of water, put the end of the probe in the water. You can then adjust the reading with a small screw on the back of the face. Took two minutes to adjust each one. I do recommend anyone who needs a good thermometer to purchase one. I am going to be ordering another one for a smoker I am making for my sister next month. You will not be disappointed in this unit.