Bubble Witch Saga 3 Industrial Deals Best Books of the Month Red Shoes We Love nav_sap_plcc_ascpsc Stream your favorites. Amazon music Unlimited. Learn more. All-New Fire 7, starting at $49.99 Starting at $39.99 Grocery Handmade Gift Shop Home and Garden Book a house cleaner for 2 or more hours on Amazon TheTick TheTick TheTick  Three new members of the Echo family Fire HD 8, starting at $79.99 Kindle Paperwhite AutoRip in CDs & Vinyl Shop now TG18SW_gno

on September 12, 2016
This is one of my all-time favorite crime dramas, not for the storylines or the plot twists, but for the relationship between the two main characters - and for the personalities of the characters themselves. It's so refreshing to see a woman who can kick a** and be witty, sassy, street-smart, and fierce, but still be sweet, sensitive, loving, and funny. (Rizzoli.) And it's nice to have a geeky character (Isles) who doesn't behave like a robot! Their friendship is perfect. The writers completely eliminated the competition, occasional back-stabbing, and awkwardness that pretty much every single female t.v. friendship has and just let them be themselves. The result is a close-knit relationship full of humor, strength, and depth. The bonus - they're also pretty hilarious. And the mysteries are pretty entertaining, too.
on September 14, 2013
I think this show is worth watching mainly for the character Jane Rizzoli played by Angie Harmon. First, Harmon is very easy to look at. But she is much more than a very pretty cop here. She plays tough police detective Jane Rizzoli almost perfectly as a tomboy cop who feels totally out of place in a dress. Her performance is a bit reminiscent of that of Sandra Bullock in the movie Miss Congeniality, which makes her character far from original, but nonetheless Harmon pulls it off very well. Harmon's performance and screen presence carry this show.

The other title character, Maura Isles is played by Sasha Alexander. I found the Isles character to be a bit inconsistent and hard to relate to, and I am something of a science buff. But there is definitely room for growth with the character and hopefully that is what will happen in the next season. The supporting cast was, honestly, pretty forgettable but again there is the potential for character growth there. The writing was pretty good, although it did not vary much from the standard TV cop fare.

So all in all, I recommend this series just for the fun of watching a quite good performance by the gorgeous Angie Harmon. I plan to order the 2nd season in the hope that Harmon will continue her outstanding performances and the rest of the show's characters will grow on me.
on June 24, 2014
my daughter and i relax by watching reruns of "bones" and "castle" (and eating ice cream), but we've seen nearly every episode of each multiple times. we'd never seen rizzoli & isles, so i recorded the premier of season 5 and we loved this show! it is as smartly written as "castle" and uniquely cast as "bones". we like the chemistry between the two partners and we love the side stories and supporting cast. we have to catch up on the first four years of the show, so we're working our way through previous seasons from amazon, three shows a night. the criminals and crime scenes are often darker and more graphic than in "castle" and "bones", so i might not let younger kids watch (or i might send them for ice cream at strategic points!). good pick.
VINE VOICEon November 6, 2013
I am enjoying watching this series. I like to watch mysteries on the treadmill. One quibble: in the first show someone wants to kill one of the character and even though her family wants to stay with her to protect her she insists on going out at night and being on her own. As the romance fans call it, it's a TSTL, too stupid to live moment, and I don't know why writers keep using it as a plot device to build up suspense. It's a trifle annoying. Other than that, haven't found much not to like. I watch these shows when on the treadmill as they are suspenseful
on April 21, 2014
I just connected with this series and I was impressed with this first season. What drives me crazy is when writers and directors insert stupid situations in order to create drama. Like when the cops face a criminal with a hostage and the criminal demands the cops throw down their guns and the cops comply. How stupid is that. I haven't seen that with Rizzoli and Isles. Also, there is humor and good chemistry among the actors. The story lines are good and the violence is limited. I've already ordered the second season. So I'll see if the good continues.
on November 17, 2017
This was one of my and my wife’s favorite shows. Great to get the whole series (though one season at a time) on DVD at a good value!
on September 20, 2011
I am living outside the U.S. and a bit out of touch as to what is on television currently, so I had never heard of this show. Amazon recommended this to me based on other purchases and I think I also saw previews on another DVD and I am SO GLAD I gave it a try! I am a big fan of The Closer and Castle and this definitely fits in that range for me. It can be gritty, but it is also light and fun. The lead characters IMMEDIATELY had me after the first episode and the rest of the characters grew on me as the episodes went along (though not nearly so much as the casts of Castle and The Closer--maybe in the second season that will come).

The mysteries are fairly obvious, but it's still fun to see the plots unfold, even if you have figured out what is going on fairly early. Angie Harmon and Sasha Alexander have really great friendship chemistry and I think that might be what sells the show for me. I like watching them develop as characters and watching how they grow through their interactions with each other. The depth of the lead characters makes up for storylines that seem familiar if you have ever watched procedurals on t.v. before and supporting characters who can seem a little flat. A show celebrating two strong women with mutual respect professionally and personally and touching moments of support for each other is fairly unique and definitely satisfying!
Well acted and stories are well thought out. Highly enjoyable series. Get this first season and I would bet many would say I need to see more and end up getting the following seasons. The ladies have great chemistry you feel yourself pulled into the show. And best part is NO ADS. Nothing like watching an intense scene and suddenly an ad pops up. Read the introduction on the page and it tells you exactly what this show is about.
on May 30, 2015
I've read the first two books and watched the entire first season. I enjoyed the adaptation of the books series. There are differences between the two that I think make the television series better than the book series, however the books are still worth the read. My only complaint is that the first episode of the series felt a little off and stilted. Overall, the series got stronger with each episode as every actor found their pace and inspiration with their character. I just purchased season two and three and I am waiting to get the next books in the series. I am excited to continue watching and reading both.
on April 28, 2014
Rizzoli & Isles is one of my new favorite shows. It's witty and thought-provoking, with great chemistry between the two leads, friends, Boston Detective, Jane Rizzoli, and Massachusetts Chief Medical Examiner, Dr. Maura Isles. I love having the series on DVD so I can watch it whenever I want. Season 1 jumpstarts this great series in such a way that will keep the viewer hooked from the onset!