Amazon.com: Customer Reviews: Roc Retinol Correxion Deep Wrinkle Night Cream, 1 oz
Your Garage Buy 2 kids' books and save Amazon Fashion Learn more Discover it Lindsey Stirling Fire TV Stick Happy Belly Snacks Totes Amazon Cash Back Offer PilotWave7B PilotWave7B PilotWave7B  Amazon Echo  Echo Dot  Amazon Tap  Echo Dot  Amazon Tap  Amazon Echo Introducing new colors All-New Kindle Oasis DollyParton Shop Now

Size: 1 Ounce|Change
Price:$21.87+ Free shipping

on December 28, 2014
I have spent a large majority of my 22 years in the New Mexican sun, and while I have been very good about sunscreen the last couple of years the sun damage of my youth has caught up to me and I found myself with 3 forehead wrinkles and a scattering of freckles and sunspots. While it might seem insignificant to some I hate to think what I'd look like at 40 if I already have signs of aging.
So I did a lot of research into proven wrinkle treatment and in my search I discovered something. There are millions, MILLIONS of products, home remedies, and concoctions that claim to prevent wrinkles, treat wrinkles, make them disappear, and do a number of other things. However the ONLY FDA APPROVED ANTI AGING INGREDIENT is the various strands of RETINOIDS. That doesnt mean that nothing else out there works, but it means that the only one that has enough strong scientific evidence to be considered a treatment for anti aging is products containing some type of retinoid. When you go to a dermatologist for wrinkle cream, you will very likely receive a prescription strength retinoid because it is proven to work.
What are retinoids exactly and what is the difference between the various types?
Retinoids are essentially vitamin A, their structures vary in each of the three generations but generally all the retinoids found in anti wrinkle creams are first generation. They are in fact natural ingredients found in plants and animals and we consume them in our daily diets. Researching the various types of retinoids for anti aging there are 3 things that pop up.: retinol, tretinoin, and retinoic acid. It took a while to decipher what each of them is and after reading a number of papers about them the short summary is this. Tretinoin is retinoic acid (its also known by its drug name Retin-A) and is the retinoid you will find in perscription cream. The difference between retinol and tretinoin (in relation to their usefulness) is simply their strength. Tretinoin is retinoic acid that is directly applied and effective where retinol is applied and your skin coverts it to retinoic acid to be used.
One of the dermatologist articles I read said she recommends anyone who considers a tretinoin to start with a retinol so you can build up to the full strength.
Retinol and Tretinoin have been found to treat a number of different skin conditions, including acne, wrinkles, stretch marks, and even some studies have been done on its effect on treating skin cancer.
How it treats wrinkles. When its applied your skin has cells that synthesize the retinoic acid and it increases cell turnover, thickens the skin, increases collagen production, Stimulates blood vessels in the skin, and reduces sun spots.
One thing to know though is if applied everyday results will not show for 3-6 months with best results in 6-12 months. So for everyone who says they've used it for a month and haven't seen results, they haven't been using it long enough, remember sun damage and wrinkles took years and years to appear and are not going to be undone in a month.
The way to apply the product is to spread evenly 30 minutes after washing your face, to ensure your face is completely dry. While I have found different reasons as to why it shouldn't be applied wet most articles say that it: decreases effectiveness, increases risk for side effects like dryness and pealing/scaliness, and one article says it doesn't matter if you apply it wet, but putting it on while your face is completely dry can't hurt. Retinoids also make your skin more sun sensitive, so sunscreen should be applied daily (which if your trying to undo sun damage and wrinkles anyway than you should be putting on sunscreen anyway to prevent even more damage)

Now finally for my personal results. I started using this product every night around 4 months ago and I have noticed a difference. My forehead wrinkles have almost completely disappeared, my sun spots have faded, and even my acne scars are less noticeable. For the price and effectiveness I would recommend this product. The only reason I do not give this product 5 stars is simply because it advertises itself as a deep wrinkle cream, and as I only have fine lines I cannot gauge its effectiveness on deep wrinkles.
I hope some of the information about gives you a little insight into retinoids, but please know this is only basic information gathered by an individual from various scientific articles. I am not a dermatologist and if I was to go into more detail about retinoids this review would be 10 times longer. If you want to know more you should do your own research and talk to your doctor.
88 comments| 571 people found this helpful. Was this review helpful to you?YesNoReport abuse
on December 9, 2012
The most important thing to know before buying this is that retinol is a serious chemical. Its skin clearing properties were first discovered over 80 years ago but it used to require a doctor's prescription. Why? Because like I said, it's serious stuff. ;)

The version that's available in this tube isn't nearly as potent as what the pharmacy has. But it gets the job done. Retinol is one of the only chemicals that truly can reduce wrinkles.

Most products can only claim to reduce "the appearance" of wrinkles. They work only by plumping up skin to make it look more flat and also hydrating it so lines aren't so obvious. But as soon as you stop using it, the wrinkles will return.

Retinol actually can reduce wrinkles, and countless studies have confirmed it. But all great things come at a price. The downside of this miracle is that you'll turn into a vampire!

Retinol makes the skin extremely sensitive to the sun. Some people experience burning after only being in the sun 15 mins. while using retinol. So once you start using this, you'll have to be much more conscious of your skin.

Retinol is also pretty harsh. You may experience painful burning, redness, and itching after you start using this. It isn't RoC's fault, so don't get upset at them. It's the nature of retinol and the price you pay for youth. Once you adjust, you'll probably be fine unless your skin is too sensitive. If so, I think RoC offers a sensitive skin formula too, so I'd recommend that.

Now that I've thoroughly terrified you, let me tell you the good news--- It works! I've been wearing it nightly for 30 days now and I already see subtle changes in my wrinkles. It takes 12 weeks to really see a difference but most people should see some kind of results within the first 4 weeks. The box mentions 4, 8, 12 weeks so it's a gradual cycle of improvement.

12 weeks probably sounds like a long time to most people, especially if you want instant results. But retinol is not a fly-by-night, gimmicky product. It's the real deal and it takes time to penetrate the layers of skin on your face and start working its magic. Give it time, be patient, and start out cautiously! I recommend a thin layer on a small patch of skin first, just in case you have a bad reaction to it.

Good luck, and thanks to RoC for making one of the most readily available retinol products that you can buy without a prescription!
55 comments| 230 people found this helpful. Was this review helpful to you?YesNoReport abuse
on December 3, 2015
unfortunately this product broke me out horribly. I tried to keep sticking to it but it just seemed to get worse and worse. I never had issues with pimples on my cheeks, but after using this pimples started showing on my cheeks leaving dark scars. they would also heal but then come back repeatedly in the same spot. after a few long months I've finally got my skin under control again but the scars are still there. wish I never tried this!
on July 27, 2015
I have used it religiously (every night sometimes twice a night) since July 25, 2015. It is now Oct 7, 2015. That makes it 2 months and 11 days (or so).]I SIMPLY DO NOT SEE ANY CHANGE AT ALL regarding the bags under my eyes. NOTHING AT ALL.

I believe I have given it a fair chance. I I can report I still have about 1/3 of a tube left . So if you want it for wrinkles only, a little goes a long way. I simply can not report on wrinkles.

This is my final report!

Revisited: After 5 days I see no improvement despite using it for all 5 days religiously. I intend to use it for at least one month straight and if I see improvement, then 3 months and wi;ll re[port back then.
As of now the following applies:

1) If you need to use it under your eyes, BE CAREFUL. The micro-fumes can make your eyes tearful.
2) There is a lot of product in the tube since a tiny bit goes a long way. It appears I have at least 6 months worth but the closer I get, I will return here for validation.

After more than 2 weeks it is really hard to see any improvement. This may be because EITHER the improvement is so gradual that it is hard to see OR that I am trying to fight bags under my eyes as opposed to wrinkles per se! This may be a critical difference so if anyone is interested in wrinkles ONLY, it is probably preferable to read another review.
As stated I intend to go the full 12 weeks without missing any, HOWEVER< the 12 weeks recommendation does apply to wrinkles and not bags so I may be trying the impossible.
on July 29, 2014
This cream went on fine however after continued use over 3 days my skin was burnt. It started to peel on my cheeks. I do not have particularly sensitive skin so I would be wary of this product.
on July 22, 2015
I have been using this for a few years now and am happy with the results. With long-term daily use along with the RoC Deep Wrinkle Daily Moisturizer I think anyone should be able to see results. It does not make every line/wrinkle on your face disappear 100% but it will make them significantly less intense along with lightenning any dark spots. I do not find a greasy and it absorbs quickly enough that I can lay my head on the pillow shortly after applying and not worry about it rubbing off on the linens. I stopped using this for about a year for some insane reason and one day I looked in the mirror and was horrified at the significant lines on my forehead and the much more noticeable crows feet around my eyes. Ugh! I immediately went back to the daily regimen of RoC. My skin feels smooth and tighter and those horrible looking lines have significantly diminished in appearance. As with all skincare products somethings work better for some people than others. Considering I am over 50 years old and the only thing that will completely stop the aging process is plastic surgery which I'm not going to partake in, I am pleased with the results I get with my RoC.

The product comes in different size tubes. I have found the 1 ounce last several months for me. Looking back at my purchases of this product on Amazon, I only purchased 2–3 times a year

Suggestion: stop using the product for about a week if you are going to have your Eyebrows waxed as the retinol thins your skin a bit and will make it more likely to burn if the wax is too hot.
review image
on January 30, 2016
I have dry skin when the weather turns to these extremely cold conditions in the Mideast. Also at age 32 I am starting to notice a LOT of crows feet around my eys. I have tried so many things and in the past I have tried Roc creams just not this one that is so strong. I noticed when I would put it on my skin around my eyes would sting and burn. I thought wow... This is harsh but maybe,just maybe it is working on to those wrinkles harcore and doing its job... So the next day I repeated and started noticing my skin in the eye area was RED. I thought my powder foundation hid it until my coworker asked why my eyes are so red... So again I repeated for the third night thinking hey its a strong chemical and maybe it's really getting in deep and doing its job... This will be my make it or break it third day trial. Well,this morning I woke up and my eyes hurt to open. I felt like a scab formed over nyt or a burn when I actually looked in the mirror. I literally have burns in my crow feet area.I know ever one has different skin. Soaybe it works for some. However,this does not work in any beneficial way unless u want to count the swollen puffy skin around my eyes that you don't really notice the wrinkle crows feet current because of the chemical reaction..use with caution. I don't recommend pushing the product for three days like I did.
review image
on September 28, 2011
This is the first time my skin has ever had a reaction to skincare. The only thing I love about my skin is that it never seem to react to anything I subject it to & I have no allergies when it comes to skincare. Now I can only say, most skincare. I love the ROC Wrinkle filler & bought it before trying this cream. The most sickening thing about this cream is that it gave me a break out which is rare. I now have 4 pimples which are rather red & yet, I don't see any results. I felt a slight sting when I put the cream on, near the cheek & mouth area.

I usually sort of wipe off remainder cream on my neck after applying it to my face & now, parts of my neck is rather red & itchy. UGLY!! Again I shall say, this is the first time this has happened so this cream is a very special cream indeed! On a lighter note, I bought the eye cream of the same range & it was fine. I don't see really visible results but it was easy to smooth on & comfortable to the eyelids. I'll review that one when I have more time. I shall still to the ROC Wrinkle Filler from now on.
on May 30, 2013
I love this product for fighting wrinkles, but it is so harsh. I have sensitive/dry skin (which of course, shows wrinkles the most) and being of "that certain age," my skin is extra dry and sensitive. I used this religiously, but ended up with my eyes almost sealed shut from a reaction to it and my skin burned, even when I limited my use to once or twice a week. Got rid of the wrinkles, but also got rid of my skin!! I won't give up using it, because it is amazing on wrinkles, but I recommend not using it every night - use it a couple of nights on, then a couple of nights off. My face would be red after using it this way, but not burned. A friend of mine recommended another skin care product - she's into organic - and told me to try Bel Essence (comes in an oil or cream, I used both - I've been buying it from their website but it's available here too)(Bel Essence Anti Aging Treatment - Intensive All Natural Anti-Wrinkle, Facial Lift Skin Care Formula - 1.5oz). This solved the reaction problem to Roc. Not only did it help my skin in general, but using it with Roc - no burning, no bad reactions. I talked to my doctor about it, and he told me that the natural oils in Bel Essence contain high amounts of Vitamin E and other nutrients that help the skin heal and stay healthy. If you love Roc (and I am a HUGE fan), I recommend using Bel Essence with it, to get the good effects of Roc without the bad. There are a lot of all natural skin creams out there, but this worked the best, and absolutely worked the best with Roc. Not only does it keep the results from the retinol permanent, my skin kept getting better - lines and discolorations were still going away even when I reduced the number of times I used the retinol. I swear by both products.

Quick update - for Roc burns, I found that the Bel Essence oil Bel Essence - (2oz) 100% All-Natural Organic Anti-Wrinkle Formula with Argan, Grapeseed and Sesame Oil works a little quicker in helping heal. Probably because it is 100% oil without the ingredients to turn it into a cream. So if Roc really burned your skin, the oil will help treat it more quickly.

Another quick update - my skin is fabulous now. Never thought it would look this good - the Roc has reduced my lines to minor marks that make up covers nicely, and my skin is soft, firm, and a lot brighter. This is a GREAT combo. I love the effect of the bel essence on my skin, the roc gets your skin to turnover faster, and the bel essence makes sure that the new skin is firm, smooth, soft and wrinkle free. I can't believe that a natural product work work this well - I expect it from the roc which uses chemicals, but I am amazed that ingredients from nature can so completely change my skin and make me look years younger!

Ok - so I just need to add another quick rave about the combination of roc and bel essence. I had deep crevices across my forehead - GONE - only the tiniest of lines that are easily covered with makeup. I now have NO LINES around my eyes, or on my upper lip. This combination is amazing. I've used the Roc alone for a long time and saw results, but when I added the Bel Essence, that's when I really saw results. And permanent results. I am so thrilled with my skin now!
2424 comments| 770 people found this helpful. Was this review helpful to you?YesNoReport abuse
on March 19, 2009
The night time wrinkle cream is highly scented with perfume and causes eyes to water and sneezing. why is it necessary for a night cream to contain perfume!? If you have sensitive skin or sensitive to perfumes do not buy this product.
44 comments| 76 people found this helpful. Was this review helpful to you?YesNoReport abuse