Spring Deals Automotive Best Books of the Month New-season heels nav_sap_plcc_ascpsc Stream your favorites. Amazon music Unlimited. Learn more. All-New Fire 7, starting at $49.99 Starting at $39.99 Grocery Handmade Personalized Jewelry Home and Garden Book a house cleaner for 2 or more hours on Amazon Pitch Perfect 3 available to buy Pitch Perfect 3 available to buy Pitch Perfect 3 available to buy  Echo Dot Fire tablets: Designed for entertainment. Kindle Paperwhite AutoRip in CDs & Vinyl Shop now TG18PP_gno

on October 27, 2016
This stuff is amazing. Honestly one of the most effective anti wrinkle products available OTC. Retinol is amazing stuff, but also very strong stuff. Use way less than you think you should. Way less than you want. Start with a pea sized amount and only apply every other day at night then gradually build up. This stuff is no joke. If you have sensitive skin you will burn yourself if you go overboard. Honestly though I notice an amazing difference after just a few days. I have an extensive Korean beauty routine and I have added this into it and it is amazing. One last thing! If you use an AHA or BHA apply that as part of your morning routine. Don't apply that right after this product. It changes your skins pH and will blunt the retinols effect.
44 comments| 103 people found this helpful. Was this review helpful to you? Report abuse
on December 28, 2014
I have spent a large majority of my 22 years in the New Mexican sun, and while I have been very good about sunscreen the last couple of years the sun damage of my youth has caught up to me and I found myself with 3 forehead wrinkles and a scattering of freckles and sunspots. While it might seem insignificant to some I hate to think what I'd look like at 40 if I already have signs of aging.
So I did a lot of research into proven wrinkle treatment and in my search I discovered something. There are millions, MILLIONS of products, home remedies, and concoctions that claim to prevent wrinkles, treat wrinkles, make them disappear, and do a number of other things. However the ONLY FDA APPROVED ANTI AGING INGREDIENT is the various strands of RETINOIDS. That doesnt mean that nothing else out there works, but it means that the only one that has enough strong scientific evidence to be considered a treatment for anti aging is products containing some type of retinoid. When you go to a dermatologist for wrinkle cream, you will very likely receive a prescription strength retinoid because it is proven to work.
What are retinoids exactly and what is the difference between the various types?
Retinoids are essentially vitamin A, their structures vary in each of the three generations but generally all the retinoids found in anti wrinkle creams are first generation. They are in fact natural ingredients found in plants and animals and we consume them in our daily diets. Researching the various types of retinoids for anti aging there are 3 things that pop up.: retinol, tretinoin, and retinoic acid. It took a while to decipher what each of them is and after reading a number of papers about them the short summary is this. Tretinoin is retinoic acid (its also known by its drug name Retin-A) and is the retinoid you will find in perscription cream. The difference between retinol and tretinoin (in relation to their usefulness) is simply their strength. Tretinoin is retinoic acid that is directly applied and effective where retinol is applied and your skin coverts it to retinoic acid to be used.
One of the dermatologist articles I read said she recommends anyone who considers a tretinoin to start with a retinol so you can build up to the full strength.
Retinol and Tretinoin have been found to treat a number of different skin conditions, including acne, wrinkles, stretch marks, and even some studies have been done on its effect on treating skin cancer.
How it treats wrinkles. When its applied your skin has cells that synthesize the retinoic acid and it increases cell turnover, thickens the skin, increases collagen production, Stimulates blood vessels in the skin, and reduces sun spots.
One thing to know though is if applied everyday results will not show for 3-6 months with best results in 6-12 months. So for everyone who says they've used it for a month and haven't seen results, they haven't been using it long enough, remember sun damage and wrinkles took years and years to appear and are not going to be undone in a month.
The way to apply the product is to spread evenly 30 minutes after washing your face, to ensure your face is completely dry. While I have found different reasons as to why it shouldn't be applied wet most articles say that it: decreases effectiveness, increases risk for side effects like dryness and pealing/scaliness, and one article says it doesn't matter if you apply it wet, but putting it on while your face is completely dry can't hurt. Retinoids also make your skin more sun sensitive, so sunscreen should be applied daily (which if your trying to undo sun damage and wrinkles anyway than you should be putting on sunscreen anyway to prevent even more damage)

Now finally for my personal results. I started using this product every night around 4 months ago and I have noticed a difference. My forehead wrinkles have almost completely disappeared, my sun spots have faded, and even my acne scars are less noticeable. For the price and effectiveness I would recommend this product. The only reason I do not give this product 5 stars is simply because it advertises itself as a deep wrinkle cream, and as I only have fine lines I cannot gauge its effectiveness on deep wrinkles.
I hope some of the information about gives you a little insight into retinoids, but please know this is only basic information gathered by an individual from various scientific articles. I am not a dermatologist and if I was to go into more detail about retinoids this review would be 10 times longer. If you want to know more you should do your own research and talk to your doctor.
1515 comments| 1,202 people found this helpful. Was this review helpful to you? Report abuse
on May 26, 2016
I am seventy six and my skin is smooth and glowing. I use this and L'Oreal Paris Age Perfect Hydra-Nutrition Golden Balm Face, alternately to keep my face amazingly youthful with no surgery.
0Comment| 60 people found this helpful. Was this review helpful to you? Report abuse
on July 31, 2017
I have been using the RoC Retinol night cream for about 6 months along with the RoC Day cream and I really see a difference in my skin. My skin is smoother and more even toned. People have remarked on how good my skin looks and are really surprised when I tell them I'm 70 yrs. old!
on May 29, 2017
Excellent results. I'd almost given up and gone to get some extreme procedure done, but this produce really helped reduce the appearance of my sun-related creases on my driver's side cheek (left). Ladies, PLEASE wear sunscreen. I am living proof of the daily damage of sun on your left side as you commute to work. I am deeply grateful to this product. Other products had gotten me this far, but now I need this one and am grateful for it.
on September 6, 2017
This review is for sensitive night cream. I don't have sensitive skin but my skin will react to changes in products and I usually have to give it time. I started using this nightly. I don't have wrinkles ( yet-48 years old), but I'm looking to prevent. I read that retinol can help with cell reproduction and help keep skin clear. I've had no side effects and I've been using for over 2 weeks now. I'm sure like any other product you need to give it time. I will continue to use and will see how it goes. No side effects so far and it's very moisturizing. I will say I bought it at CVS first for $25, it got returned quickly and I came to Amazon it $12.
on July 22, 2015
I have been using this for a few years now and am happy with the results. With long-term daily use along with the RoC Deep Wrinkle Daily Moisturizer I think anyone should be able to see results. It does not make every line/wrinkle on your face disappear 100% but it will make them significantly less intense along with lightenning any dark spots. I do not find a greasy and it absorbs quickly enough that I can lay my head on the pillow shortly after applying and not worry about it rubbing off on the linens. I stopped using this for about a year for some insane reason and one day I looked in the mirror and was horrified at the significant lines on my forehead and the much more noticeable crows feet around my eyes. Ugh! I immediately went back to the daily regimen of RoC. My skin feels smooth and tighter and those horrible looking lines have significantly diminished in appearance. As with all skincare products somethings work better for some people than others. Considering I am over 50 years old and the only thing that will completely stop the aging process is plastic surgery which I'm not going to partake in, I am pleased with the results I get with my RoC.

The product comes in different size tubes. I have found the 1 ounce last several months for me. Looking back at my purchases of this product on Amazon, I only purchased 2–3 times a year

Suggestion: stop using the product for about a week if you are going to have your Eyebrows waxed as the retinol thins your skin a bit and will make it more likely to burn if the wax is too hot.
review image
0Comment| 182 people found this helpful. Was this review helpful to you? Report abuse
on December 21, 2017
I have never used wrinkle creams before but I wanted to look good for 63year old woman not look younger,well I first try a cream on Amazon called Retinol Cream used it religiously it did nothing except soften the skin ,that I could’ve used Vaseline so that was a waste of money because I never received a refund for so I thought I’d try this one ...and to my surprise this stuff is Great ....so yes ,yes ,yes this is the one for me . I HIGHLY recommend this.
on March 14, 2017
I wouldn't want to be without this product. I use it at night and as a primer, it takes 5 years off my face almost instantly.
on February 24, 2015
I chose to start using this cream because it won the Good Housekeeping best night cream award two years in a row so I figured I'd try it and I have really enjoyed it. I'm in my mid-thirties, a few wrinkles and acne prone skin. It has retinol in it so it can be drying, but if it feels dry one night, I just top it with some coconut oil. It hasn't caused more acne, yay! I was beginning to get lines around my mouth into my cheek area and those are gone. Please note, I am also exfoliating weekly, using a vitamin c mask weekly and drinking lots of water each day so my decrease in wrinkles could be a combination of all of them. It hasn't done anything for the fine lines that have reached from my eye area to my cheeks, but I do feel it is helping fight off new ones. I also apply to neck and chest area. I have also noticed my skin texture and tone is better. I've used it for 3 months now and will continue to use it.

Please make sure that you are posting in the form of a question.