|Print List Price:||$13.99|
Save $10.00 (71%)
The Road To Fort Worth Kindle Edition
|New from||Used from|
Getting the download link through email is temporarily not available. Please check back later.
To get the free app, enter your mobile phone number.
Top Customer Reviews
No matter where he was directed it just seemed to make matters worse or only helped for so long before he started the downward spiral again. Would nobody truly understand what he was going through and help him rather than masking his problems with prescription drugs, shoving him from one form of treatment to another, all with no positive result?
In the end this is a book about hope, about never giving up on yourself no matter how bleak the present and future may seem. It's a book that instills the comfort and reality that miracles do happen.
In our world, faced by insane odds, deranged and terrified, volunteering for every narcissistic indulgence and masochistic self-slaughter imaginable, it's highly unlikely to happen. Further, in our world, livers are not designed to survive such brutal torture.
Fortunately, for us, and most importantly, for himself, Michael Jackson Smith defied the odds and somehow maintained breathing in and out.
There are some novels that distract you for an evening and are then forgotten. THE ROAD TO FORT WORTH does not belong in that class of books. It gets inside you because it's the real deal. This is our life, folks, not always fluffy bunnies and technicolor ponies. This is real life, where we suffer, explore, rub ourselves raw, cater to every whim, then pay the price for our appetites.
I'm thankful that Mr. Smith had the courage, the fortitude, the heart, to write THE ROAD TO FORT WORTH. This novel is embodied compassion, compassion for self, and compassion for a hurting world.
Set up an Amazon Giveaway
Look for Similar Items by Category
- Books > Biographies & Memoirs
- Books > Health, Fitness & Dieting > Addiction & Recovery > Alcoholism
- Books > Health, Fitness & Dieting > Mental Health
- Books > Religion & Spirituality
- Books > Self-Help > Anxieties & Phobias
- Books > Self-Help > Personal Transformation
- Kindle Store > Kindle eBooks > Biographies & Memoirs
- Kindle Store > Kindle eBooks > Health, Fitness & Dieting > Addiction & Recovery > Alcoholism
- Kindle Store > Kindle eBooks > Health, Fitness & Dieting > Counseling & Psychology > Mental Health > Mental Illness
- Kindle Store > Kindle eBooks > Health, Fitness & Dieting > Counseling & Psychology > Pathologies > General
- Kindle Store > Kindle eBooks > Religion & Spirituality > Spirituality > Personal Growth > Self-Help