Bubble Witch Saga 3 Industrial Deals Beauty Best Books of the Month STEM nav_sap_plcc_ascpsc Learn more about Amazon Music Unlimited PCB for Musical Instruments Starting at $39.99 Grocery Handmade Tote Bags Home Gift Guide Off to College Home Gift Guide Book a house cleaner for 2 or more hours on Amazon BradsStatus BradsStatus BradsStatus  Introducing Echo Show Introducing All-New Fire HD 10 with Alexa hands-free $149.99 Kindle Oasis, unlike any Kindle you've ever held Shop Now FFII_gno

Showing 1-10 of 1,130 reviews(Verified Purchases). See all 1,710 reviews
on September 18, 2017
Strange that I waited until age 67 to read such a classic, but indeed I did. The book deserves it's fame. I couldn't put it down. And better yet, I now know that long John Silver was far more than a fast food restaurant. Excellent read.
on August 31, 2017
I had wanted to re-read Treasure Island, after seeing "Black Sails." This edition is a very nice ebook. It has the whole text and nice illustrations. Just want I was looking for.
on April 8, 2017
So happy I have finally read this classic! I must say, it's twice as delightful because of the illustrations and softcover. Go, Usborne Books! Wonderful edition of a classic adventure.
on August 23, 2017
Of course Robert Louis Stevenson's story gets ten out of five stars, but this Kindle version only gets four because N.C. Wyeth's masterful illustrations are not reproduced in colour.
on June 23, 2017
Had to read this again after watching Black Sails, touted as the prequel of to this book. I'm sorry the series didn't continue with this story as it might have brought in some of the other characters I liked, Bonney, jack Rackham, etc. I liked the book, as I did when I read it many many years ago.
on May 1, 2017
It's a classic for a reason. I remember enjoying this when I was younger, and it was even better when I re-read it now. A trip to the Virgin Islands got me thinking about picking it up again, and I was glad that I did. The characters are interesting, the plot is fun, and it was a great early summer read.
on April 19, 2017
Of course, this story is a 5 star story. I have had an old copy for a long time but bought this one to have a pretty book for my library. Great cover art and art through out, with a slightly boring binding.

If you havent read this book and only seen the plot in "Treasure Island", "Muppet's Treasure Island", or "Treasure Planet", or if you like Pirate stuff, READ THIS BOOK!
on April 30, 2017
A classic. Reread it after watching the Starz series "Black Sails", which bills itself as a "prequel" to this book. Well maybe, but a R rated prequel.
on October 16, 2012
I am in my mid-thirties and just read this book for the first time. I enjoy reading the classics and just made my way to this one, which I am very glad I did. The book is a fast-paced, lean adventure story with all the expected elements of a great pirate yarn. The only thing it is missing is a dramatic walking-off-the-plank scene. Some of the jargon is outdated and can be hard to understand, but it is not impossible to get through. Minor Spoiler Alert for people who haven't read the book - don't read the rest of this review! Long John Silver is a terrific character, a more sinister version of the modern-day Capt Jack Sparrow. He is an interesting repository of moral ambiguity in a book otherwise populated by characters that fall clearly on the side of good or evil. I also really enjoyed how the regimented moral uprightness of Captain Smollett serves as a foil for Long John Silver. He is not such a fabled character, but he is an almost equal force in the novel and has the respect of all parties, even Silver himself. It was hard to believe he would ever consent to go on the cruise, since he seemed to smell a rat from the very beginning. Jim Hawkins, the main POV character, tells the story of his adventure with charming impulsive boyishness. A great read and a great story that still holds up today!
on June 27, 2017