+ $2.99 shipping
& FREE Shipping on orders over $49. Details
About the Product
- Be Jason Bourne in an action experience that seamlessly blends hand-to-hand combat, shooting, and dramatic escapes
- Weaponize the environment to perform deadly attacks and multi-opponent takedowns
- Combines the big moments of The Bourne Identity with all-new back story developed by Bourne trilogy screenwriter Tony Gilroy
- Aggressive cinematic presentation
- Employ signature techniques to weaponries, improvise, and always survive
Frequently Bought Together
Customers Who Bought This Item Also Bought
Top Customer Reviews
Excellent Combat Mechanism
Realistic Shooting Mechanic
Captures Jason Bourne Flawlessly
Too many big guns for Bourne
I'll be taking a closer look at all of these in a moment, but for now, lets begin by examining the three basic areas of gameplay: Close Combat, Shooting, and Driving.
Close Combat in The Bourne Conspiracy lives up to the fight scenes in the films. By using the X and Y buttons, Bourne can execute light and heavy attacks on opponents. Holding down the buttons prepares a light or heavy kick, which is impossible to block, but takes about 2 seconds to prep. One of the unique aspects here is adrenaline. As you successfully land punches and kicks, you build up adrenaline, which can then be used to execute devastating takedown attacks, which allow you to use the environment (such as pens, books, windows, other enemies) to bash your foe to the ground. The combat flows well, and the only real issue here is that while you fight one enemy, his buddies all just circle the fight (occasionally they will try to hit you, but you can simply press a button to knock them out of the way and cancel the blow.) Overall, it works surprisingly well.
Shooting in Bourne takes place in a third-person perspective without falling into the trap of impossible aiming mechanics.Read more ›
1. The game gives flashback into the character's past. Though nice in theory it completely gets rid of any idea of trying to follow the prime point of the plot, Finding Bourne's Past! Because of this if you hadn't seen the movies or read the books then you'd have no real care about the plot.
2. Too damn short. It's a Next-Gen game. Why the does it only cover the first book? and when I say short I mean: All the levels, Extra, and Bonus stuff in less than 10hrs and that's replaying a few missions for find items.
3. I would have liked a little more to the HtH fights. You get 4 actions: Light, Heavy, block & adrenaline. The later needs to build up in combat before it can be used. While it keeps the hand-hand simple it leaves you wondering, "Why isn't an assassin better then this?"
4. For the 360 why do I need Achievements for having less then 10% accuracy? Achievements are supposed to be good, not bad.
1. The game keeps you on your toes. Even the when a cut scene happens you better hold onto the controller.
2. Character doesn't look like Matt Damon. That's not a jab. I liked this becuase it gets rid of the idea this is based solely around the movies.
3. The Sound track will get stuck in your head.
4. The extras, when unlocked, are very good for the first game.
5. Even with the combat being as simple as it was I still had several times of holding my breath in a boss fight.
6. After the first few levels head shots will become second nature, and it will need to be.
7.Read more ›
The Bad: You have to have watched the movie or read the book to know what's really going on, combat and shooting oversimplified, only one driving section, super short
The Bourne Conspiracy is based off of the hit book and movie by author Robert Ludlum. I have good news for people who haven't watched or read the book or movie; you didn't have to too enjoy this. The game is about a trained assassin by the government who tries to find his true identity and runs into, and has to kill, the people in his way. While the plot is a bit confusing the voice acting is superb and the game uses the Unreal engine (Gears of War) and the game just looks and sounds amazing.
While Matt Damon is missing as the lead role he won't be missed since the new character is better and more likable. The takes is really reminiscent of Indigo Prophecy with the game being full of context sensitive cut scenes. While there's essentially no mini-games there are three parts to the game: Fighting, shooting, and driving. The fighting is what you'll be doing a lot and it's just gruesomely satisfying. You have heavy attack and light attack and you can use these in a 3 combo attack. You can charge either one for a light or powerful kick as well. You can block and strafe around the opponent. When you get your adrenaline bar up (there are three segments you can charge by connecting hits) you can perform a takedown which is a brutal and deadly scene of using the environment or breaking some limbs and smashing heads into walls.
While all of this sounds simple, it is, but it's really satisfying and doesn't really get old.Read more ›
Most Recent Customer Reviews
Now this game is based on the first movie the Bourne identity which is my favorite one of them all. Now this game maybe short but it's hard now if your into the movie then you know... Read morePublished 4 months ago by thomas henry
Bought the game for being a fan of bourne series. The game itself is okay...Published 5 months ago by Anderson Guilherme Costa
I loved this game when it first can out many years ago and it still holds up well.Published 22 months ago by Terrence Roberson