Beauty Kindle 10th Anniversary Hallo nav_sap_hiltonhonors_launch Learn more about Amazon Music Unlimited PCB for Musical Instruments $69.99 Grocery Handmade Gift Shop hgg17 Book a house cleaner for 2 or more hours on Amazon The Walking Dead season 8 available to buy The Walking Dead season 8 available to buy The Walking Dead season 8 available to buy  Three new members of the Echo family All-New Fire 7 Kids Edition $79.99. Limited-time offer. Kindle Paperwhite Shop Now HTL17_gno

on October 23, 2017
Enjoyable.

Short review: read it.

Compelling stand-alone that is easy to follow and difficult to put down. Some violence but no drag-you-down drama.

Intriguing storyline that covers three different crimes. Believable characters with distinct personalities. Thought-provoking and snarky dialogue.

I will re-read this story and always look forward to works by Michael Brandman and in the Robert B. Parker series.
on October 23, 2017
Like all Jesse Stone adventures, this story starts with action, and keeps it up throughout. I'd bet you can't read it without picturing Tom Selleck.
on August 17, 2017
Brandman did well with the Jesse Stone character. Book ended too soon.
on October 9, 2017
I am a fan of Jesse Stone and this one lives up to my expectations.
on October 6, 2012
I have enjoyed reading and watching all of the Jesse Stone books and movies, several times over on all of them. But, this latest book just leaves me flat. I almost did not finish it but since I paid for it I forced my way thru it. Somehow there were times when I thought I was reading about someone other than Jesse Stone. The interaction between Jesse and the young girl that refused to stop using her cell phone while driving, while not a very important part of the main plot, was puzzling. While Jesse is generally a kind person, his attitude towards this young girl at the end of the book was much too "un-Jesse like" to suit me. The words did not sound like Jesse's words.
However, being a fan of the Jesse Stone books I am sure that I will continue to read any new ones that are released. I will hope that any coming books will stick more to the original Jesse.
VINE VOICEon June 12, 2013
A bit disappointed in this one. Parker's formula is varied a bit. Normally Jesse Stone is dealing with one major plot line and one minor, which usually involves young folk who just need a guiding hand.

The main plot deals with an actress filming a movie in Paradise. Her estranged husband, an actor into drugs and upset that his career is spiraling down.

Two minor plot lines: one dealing with water company employees, and the teenage girl who seems to ignore laws she doesn't like. The prodigy of rich, self-absorbed parents, Jesse sees a child crying out for attention and parents that just buy her out of trouble.

I don't know. The stories just didn't grab me like his first effort. I may leave Jesse behind after this one.
on August 5, 2017
A great who done it!
on August 12, 2017
good book
on August 2, 2017
Easy Read. Love Jesse Stone sagas!
on January 3, 2014
The problem with characters who don't age is that they often don't grow. Even though it's Michael Brandman writing the series now, Stone's character is still pretty much the same guy with the same quirks. There were three stories to follow in this book. I can't but wonder if there had been one story with an element of mystery instead of three average stories with no element of mystery would the book have been better.

New readers of the series should start at the beginning - not because this book has things you need to know, the earlier books were better when the character was fresh.