|Item Weight||13.1 pounds|
|Product Dimensions||44 x 8 x 8 inches|
|Item model number||70-190|
|Size||100 Sq Ft Roll|
|Item Package Quantity||1|
|Warranty Description||30 days|
Other Sellers on Amazon
+ Free Shipping
+ Free Shipping
+ Free Shipping
Roberts 70-190 Super Felt Premium Felt Underlayment
- Low Return Rate: 20% fewer returns than similar products
- Highly Rated: More than 90% 4 star and 5 star reviews
- Popular Item: Popular with customers shopping for "3mm underlayment"
|Price:||$35.96 ($0.36 / Square Feet) & FREE Shipping. Details|
|You Save:||$4.03 (10%)|
- Enter your model number to make sure this fits.
- Provides deep, rich sound by absorbing noise instead of deflecting it
- Made from recycled fibers
- Extremely high temperature manufacturing process treats fibers
- 3mm thick pad corrects minor sub-floor imperfections
- IIC 67, STC 66 ? Rating 21
Frequently bought together
Customers who bought this item also bought
Customers who viewed this item also viewed
Have a question?
Find answers in product info, Q&As, reviews
Please make sure that you are posting in the form of a question.
Compare with similar items
Roberts 70-193 Super Felt Underlayment 360-Feet square Roll for Sound Reducing and Absorbing
Black Jack 100 sq. ft., 28 ft. x 43 in. x 2.5 mm Roll of 2-in-1 Premium Laminate and Engineered Wood Flooring Underlayment
First Step 630-Square Foot Roll Underlayment
3in1 Provent Silent Vapor Barrier Flooring Underlayment W/overlap and Micro-Pumping System 215 Sq.ft Roll
STEICO 4 in 1 soft Underlayment for laminate, engineered wood floor, vinyl, LVT/LVP 6mm 1/4 Inch 90 SqFt with soundproofing natural green wood fibre and excellent airborne and impact sound insulation
|Shipping||FREE Shipping||FREE Shipping||FREE Shipping||FREE Shipping||FREE Shipping||FREE Shipping|
|Size||100 Sq Ft Roll||360 sqft||—||—||—||6mm 1/4 Inch|
Super Felt is 3mm thick insulating underlayment made to reduce noise and help cushion flooring; by absorbing noise instead of deflecting it, "Super Felt" provides a deep, rich sound; this felt underlayment is made from recycled fibers and compressed using a high heat manufacturing process; the film overlay protects engineered and laminate flooring from any moisture from the subfloor and includes an adhesive strip and 2-1/2" overlap for linking multiple rolls; keep floors warm in winter and cool in summer; for use over concrete and wood subfloors; coverage: 100 square feet per roll. STC:66 11C:67; Rating: 21, RValue:58.
From the Manufacturer
Super Felt is a 3mm thick insulating underlayment made to reduce noise and help cushion flooring. By absorbing noise instead of deflecting it, Super Felt provides a deep, rich sound. This felt underlayment is made from recycled fibers and compressed using a high heat manufacturing process. The film overlay protects engineered and laminate flooring from any moisture from the subfloor and includes an adhesive strip and 1-3/4” overlap for linking multiple rolls.
Top customer reviews
There was a problem filtering reviews right now. Please try again later.
This product will compress under foot, and if there are nails the wood will move ever so slightly against the nails and cause a creaking. This should ONLY be used for floating applications, not anything that is nailed or stapled. I have to tear out what I put down and use a different underlayment which is going to cost me hundreds.
I contacted the manufacturer and explained to them the issue. They told me to do a test of nailing down on flat underlayment and compare. I took the time to do this, and took a video of both applications. The videos clearly showed that the floor moves when stepped on; using this squishy underlayment and was causing noise. When using a regular vinyl underlayment (completely flat), the floor doesn't move when stepped on, and it is much quieter.
Well Roberts blew me off; and while initially saying they "would make it right"; after confirming they received the videos they never responded. Using this underlayment cost me two rolls of the wasted product, plus the scrap of the wood that I had to pull up and destroy. all in all it probably cost me around $200 but i'm not holding my breath they offer me anything.
Update: I bought 2 more rolls for another room installation. I compared the rolls from my first order with the second order's and found that:
1- the felt from first order was softer and thinner than the second's.
2 - the green plastic top from the first order was thinner than the second's.
In summary, the underlayment from my second order had better quality. The felt felt solid and the vapor barrier top felt thicker.
Other thought: The manufacturer should control their product's quality better.
- Durable. Our flooring project was left half-done overnight and this underlayment had a fair bit of foot traffic over it during that time and didn't rip or tear.
- Easy to line up. The padding is thick enough to slide easily next to each row and it doesnt slide over or leave a gap.
- Waterproof! Each row attached easily with an included tape strip on the plastic margin, giving a perfect seal.
- Easy to clean. Not something you'll need in the long term, as it will of course be covered, but any debris or dirt that lands on it can be easily swept up before laying flooring.
- This was a beast to cut. A razor knife with a fresh blade couldn't handle it. I ended up using a heavy duty pair of seeing scissors and that worked well, but with considerable effort!
- Factory ends in the middle of one roll (out of five that we purchased). It was sealed with plastic tape and there were no gaps but if that will be important to you it's something to be aware of.