Lyft Industrial Deals Beauty Little FIres Everywhere STEM nav_sap_plcc_ascpsc New Album by Josh Too and the conflicts PCB for Musical Instruments Starting at $39.99 Grocery Handmade Tote Bags Home Gift Guide Off to College Home Gift Guide Book a house cleaner for 2 or more hours on Amazon Transparent Transparent Transparent  Introducing Echo Show Introducing All-New Fire HD 10 with Alexa hands-free $149.99 Kindle Oasis, unlike any Kindle you've ever held Wonder Woman now available on Blu-ray, 3D, and 4K Tailgating STEMClubToys17_gno

Showing 1-10 of 533 reviews(Verified Purchases). See all 730 reviews
on October 18, 2013
Brianna is a very loving, caring, kind-hearted bed and breakfast inn keeper in Western Ireland. Grayson Thane is a mystery writer from America. He writes gory murder mysteries and is planning on staying at Brianna's home to work on his new book.
She loves her home and the work that is involved with running the inn. She doesn't complain.Neither she nor Gray have come from homes that have shown love. They both seek it but don't realize it. Gray is attracted to her and wants to have a relationship, but she was burned once by a man two weeks before they were to be wed. She has no clue why he hit her and walked away.
The only family in her life is her very pregnant sister, Maggie, and her husband. In Ireland, your neighbors are as good as family.
As the relationship develops, (no strings attached as agreed), Brianna falls in love with him. He is trying not to hurt her, but he does not want anything permanent. A car accident brings it to a head. Gray is leaving.
This was a wonderful romance. Love. Caring. The description of Ireland and it's people fascinating. Folklore and legends are included. This is one of a three book trilogy and enjoyable to read.
on November 17, 2012
I have these books in paperback and have read them numerous times. I bought this Kindle book so I can read them again and again without looking to see what book comes first. I like to read her trilogies in the sequence that she wrote them so that I don't miss anything in the character developments. I love how intertwined the sisters stories are in each of the books so that you keep up with them throughout the series. Each story is so completely different in the development of the relationships that you don't get bored. Every time I read them I find something new that I forgot from the last reading. The descriptions of Ireland make me want to go visit more and more. We were in Dublin this fall and after reading these books realize that I didn't see the 'real' Ireland and must go back. Nora Roberts is one of my favorite authors.
on April 27, 2015
This is such a great book, that I look forward to going back and reading these stories again like some that I already have, and I am impatient to read the rest of Nora Roberts' stories right now. Hot, Hot, Hot, love scenes, a well written, creative and intriguing story about family plus inventive, vivid characters, all on top of seriously wonderful love and romance. Each story is about one key person, usual in a family, or close group of friends, they are linked through intricate, messy links and it's almost like a movie you get the privilege of witnessing about these people's powerful, emotional, and often times painful journey towards falling in love. Roberts is one of my most favorite author's, and she doesn't disappoint in this series. Her unique style and classy, yet moving love scenes, paint a beautiful picture that leaves a person longing for something similar for themselves. All of that is combined into this fantastic series and make this book a "must-have"!!!! I didn't want to set it down....seriously!! Lol I was nodding off over my book on several different occasions. Worth the price and more to have a Nora Roberts book in your library collection!!!!!!
on September 22, 2011
The book sucked me in to a world in Ireland when I found myself being there and feeling everything!!! The sisters the family the friends..... it is by far my favorite so far !!! when I thought it could not get better......IT DID !! I highly recommed this trilogy!!! Happy reading...
on June 7, 2016
Of every book, of every series, that Nora has written, this is my most favorite. My second favorite is the Chesapeake Bay series.

The Born In trilogy was written with so much heart! I wish it were real and that I could travel to Ireland and become part of the family!

Nora, please write another book so we can join this family again and see how the babies have grown and meet the new babies I'm sure have come. I would love to see Maeve happier. And perhaps she could sing for us.

Maybe a Christmas novella? That would be brilliant!

Anyway, these are the books that turned my daughter into an avid reader! Thank you for that.
on July 28, 2017
I'm usually more at a Sci-fi/ Fantasy reader, but Nora Robert's rich, realistic, characterizations draw me back to her every time! My wife and I read this series, as well as her Ardmore, Boonsborough, and the Wedding Quartet with regularity. I can honestly recommend this series to anyone interested in characters that always ring true, in interesting plot lines and engaging social dynamics. Happy reading!
on May 15, 2017
Another Great Nora Roberts Trilogy!!! I love that these books grab you and draw you into their lives and take you on a journey. Wonderful reading on a summer day or if you just want some romance into your life.
on June 21, 2016
It was a great read. I knew how each would end up, but to read all the complications & different background & how she brought it all together
She did an amazing job such comedy, love and the Irish brogue. Thanks for letting me share Mickey
on September 6, 2016
I absolutely LOVE the Born in...Trilogy! bORN in FIRE, ICE & SHAME. Roberts's obvious love for Ireland comes through the three stories of 2 sisters who were raised in the same household by an embittered Catholic mother and a loving father who dreamed of more; Born in Ice is Brianna's story, the homemaker who creates a lovely B&B and longs for a family of her own one day; Grayson Thane, a long-term visitor and writer wants NONE of that life...It's interesting to watch the ice melt away in their romance.
on January 20, 2014
This is the second book in the trilogy. I have read all three and loved them. I found myself savoring each chapter.
NR is great at describing the locale so much so that I wanted to live in the town and know these characters. Brianna is a hard working Inn keeper and her guest is a well known murder mystery novelist. He immediately is attracted and wants to get very close. She doesn't want to get involved with someone who is not permanent.
There are moving and funny sections. One fun section was at the bachelor party for Brianna's uncle. The three men get incredibly intoxicated (80 year old-not so much)!
Brianna and her sister have different personalities but are very close. They are attempting to locate their father's true love and possibly their child. The sisters' family drama is heartbreaking. They live a quite life with good friends and good food.
I enjoyed their friends especially Murphy. The third book involves him and it is so good.