Amazon.com: Customer Reviews: Veggie Tales: Robin Good & His
Amazon Vehicles Buy 2 kids' books and save Amazon Fashion Learn more nav_sap_plcc_ascpsc Songs of Summer Fire TV Stick Happy Belly Coffee Totes Summer-Event-Garden Amazon Cash Back Offer TheKicks TheKicks TheKicks  Amazon Echo  Echo Dot  Amazon Tap  Echo Dot  Amazon Tap  Amazon Echo Starting at $49.99 All-New Kindle Oasis Celine Dion Shop Now

Format: DVD|Change

VINE VOICEon March 2, 2012
Oh Veggie Tales, how I love you! And then I love Robin Hood too, so to combine the two and end up with Robin Good. *sigh* I am one happy mama. Entertaining for all ages (from my six month old to my parents) - Veggie Tales is well loved in my family. This video starts with a great short perfect for celebrating Leap Year and President's Day. Then we have the Robin Good story full of value in moral and entertaining songs. (Who knew "Big Brother" was with so much in common with Prince John? hmm...) I love the humor and the entertainment for my toddler is priceless. Oh what a joy to, in a way, introduce her to the classic story I love with a Biblical message.

Definitely recommended!
on July 18, 2012
First off, I wanted to start off my post by saying how much I love Veggie Tales. If you've ever seen our DVD collection, you'll see that we have almost every Veggie Tales DVD. I love their parodies of movies and the way that their movies teach good morals and values. I loved the movie, but I was slightly upset with their newest silly song that is entitled Bubble Rap. The reason that I am upset is because of a couple of the lyrics in the song. I know some people might think that it is crazy to be annoyed by these lyrics, but as Christians we are not supposed to give even the appearance of doing that something that is wrong. We're also called not to conform to the world. Which is why it bugs me when people take a bad word or phrase and tweak it so that it sounds a little different. It's still wrong even if you change one or two words. With that being said, I will tell you the two parts in the song that I was irked about. In the song Boyz in the Sink say, "oh, snap" and "What's up, BITS?" What does snap rhyme with and what is a word that means the same thing as it? I admit that I might be stretching a little bit here. But the other saying- say "what's up, BITS?" out loud and tell me what it sounds like you're saying. It sounds a bit like the B-word phrase. Yes, I know that BITS is an acroynym for Boyz in the Sink, but I still have to wonder what the writers were thinking when they came up with that phrase in the song. Imagine a 2-3 year belting that phrase out in the grocery store at the top of his or her lungs. And couple that with the fact that they don't always pronounce things correctly. HMMM.... So not a good combination!! Maybe it was just an honest mistake like the original lyrics to the Veggie Tales "The Bunny Song" that went something like- "I don't love my mom or my dad, just the bunny. And it's such a shame about the phrase used in the song, Bubble Rap, because other than that it's a cute song! Okay, enough ranting!!
My boys have only seen one other Veggie Tales DVD but they love the silly characters. I mean who wouldn't love and laugh at a dancing/singing tomato, cucumber or squash! Veggie Tales is a wholesome DVD that features all sorts of vegetable characters and does reference God. Don't think this DVD is full of religion as it really isn't but it does have references when they are pointing out how to be good or what was wrong.
The DVD starts out with "Lenny & The Lost Birthday" which is an adorable short episode on Lenny who thinks everyone forgot his birthday. He goes about his day sad and made, but then his mom points out that it is Leap Day and explains that. It made it perfect to explain Leap Year! Next up was a Bubble Rap video featuring Larry singing with his friends about bubble wrap!

My boys laughed and laughed and the show made it easy for them to understand what was going on. The main part of the DVD is "Robin Good and His Not-So Merry Men" which showed how sharing and working together is good. It is the tale of Robin Hood with a wholesome spin.

Overall, the DVD is full of fun songs and great lessons for young kids. My boys have watched it a few times now and laugh every time!
on May 10, 2013
My whole family loves Veggie Tales. The stories are creative and clean, as well as being enjoyable for the whole family. I know I can let my children watch them without being exposed to anything inappropriate. As a Christian, I value the lessons taught, but I've also had non-Christian friends who enjoy watching Veggie Tales with their kids as well. The faith based message is easy to learn and geared towards our lives today and the problems our children will face in life, without being "preachy".
on September 13, 2012
We're glad we added it to our large Veggie Tales collection, but frankly, I'm not impressed with these new "non-religious" Veggie Tales. What happened to actually telling Bible stories? It seems since they kicked Phil Vischer out the shows have just become entertainment focused, not lesson focused.

The show is entertaining, our kids like it as much as the others, but I'm starting to suspect our Veggie Tale collection is about as big as it's gonna get.
on September 7, 2015
We Love this because we aren't able to show our son Disney's Robinhood anymore because we realized there are several parts of it that go against what God's Word says... (this used to be one of mine and my husband's favorite films btw!!!) so we're happy our son can still enjoy a similar story but with The Truth of LOVE being told. <3
on June 19, 2013
Cute and funny. All Veggie Tales Movies Rock! and most of all my 3 yr. old totally digs them. He watches this all the time and with the reputation of good stories and lessons from these movies ,,,,, I give it an A+ :)
on August 16, 2012
We love Veggietales and thanks to Amazon we can get them at great discount pricing. This item has an episode of Lenny featuring Junior, before Robin Good and my youngest one loves it!! Great DVD! She didn't like the giant in Robin Good, she puts her hand over her eyes when he is on the screen. No fear here!
on September 24, 2012
Robin Good quickly became one of my favorite VeggieTales movies. The first half of the movie is a poem about a boy who lost his birthday and learned that God cares for us even when things seem bad. The intermission is a "silly song" called Bubble Wrap" where a boy band of vegetables sings about packing up boxes for a move. Then the second half is the story of Robin Good, who gets betrayed by his band of not-so-merry men, but like the boy who lost his birthday, learns that God is still with him.

The funniest part is a song between Robin Good (Larry) and the Prince of Ham. It is a very entertaining and funny movie for kids and adults of all ages.
on September 5, 2013
At the time, my friends were going through a hard time and I couldn't help but wonder why other people in the same situation were fine. After watching this movie, I saw many different ways to deal with hurt. It is a marvelous and quite humourous with a song that could almost replace the bunny song! An enjoyable experience for all and a must buy for any one who is having a hard time or knows any one else who is!