Hill Climb Racing 2 Industrial Deals Beauty Best Books of the Month Shop new men's suiting nav_sap_plcc_ascpsc New Album by Josh Ritter GNO for iPhone 8 Starting at $39.99 Grocery Handmade Tote Bags Home Gift Guide Off to College Home Gift Guide Book a house cleaner for 2 or more hours on Amazon Transparent Transparent Transparent  Introducing Echo Show Introducing All-New Fire HD 10 with Alexa hands-free $149.99 Kindle Oasis, unlike any Kindle you've ever held GNO Tailgating ToyHW17_gno

Platform: Xbox 360|Edition: Game|Change

Showing 1-10 of 178 reviews(Verified Purchases). See all 226 reviews
on November 25, 2016
Bought this used copy for $15 shipped, just to import the tracks to Rock Band 4 on XBOXONE. I was not sure if a used version would be acceptable or not, but when I checked the Harmonix/Rock Band 4 Reddit, everything I read pointed to yes.

The game arrived a couple of days later, I put it in my Xbox 360 for about 20 seconds, powered down, went into the front room and fired up the XboxOne, and lo and behold the tracks were ready for import immediately!

From what I had been reading, it could have taken up to 3 business days to recognize the tracks, however the 80+ songs were downloading and finished within minutes. It would have cost close to $200 to buy all these tracks, which I got for $15, so this is a no brainer.

If you like Rock Band 4, order this now, while some copies are still out there, and also while this is still being allowed by Harmonix. If I recall you will NOT be able to import after March 2017. I have also done the same thing with Rock Band 1 and 2, and also a few of the track packs.
on March 23, 2016
Well la di da, you finally got tired of Rockband 1 and 2 but don't want to take the commitment of buying a current gen console and Rockband 4, so you found your way over here. Great, let's get started.

1. Say bye-bye to Tour mode, it finally got the axe it deserved. Instead you now have a "Fans" system where you gain new fans after completing challenges. This replaces your career mode and on my end, I highly enjoy it over the old system. Plus it also includes Band Challenges so your friends can come realize how terrible their hand-eye coordination is with you.
2. Remember how you used to have to grind for cash just to buy that nifty little sweater? Not anymore, because there is no money in game. Now, most instruments and clothes are unlocked minus the exotic ones which are unlocked after completing challenges. However don't think you'll get the most flashy guitar/bass/drums/mic/clothes/rep without a little hard work first.
3. Speaking of things being unlocked, forget about cheat codes. You already have "No Fail" and "Breakneck Speed" unlocked and usable throughout the game. You can change them in song as well, but you'll have to restart the song to keep your score, mind you.
4. What's that? You say four instruments isn't enough?? Well clean out the closet you keep all your stuff in, because now you can use a keyboard and pretend you know how to play. You can also buy your own little stand for it, and yes, you can have all FIVE instruments playing at once. Never tried it personally because I only play Guitar pretending that I'm the world's next Slash/Santana/*insert your new age guitarist's name here*.

All in all I personally love the game. 9/10 only hate that I can't transfer the RB1/RB2 songs over but that's due to licensing and deducting a star would be irrelevant.
on March 15, 2014
I first tried this game at a performance stand at an anime convention. Being an air guitar enthusiast of sorts but never quite into Guitar Hero, I was quickly drawn into the appeal of using a controller that at least somewhat resembled a playable instrument. This was cemented further by my ability to play it with friends - and in the case of the convention, similarly-themed cosplayers that I could re-create to a degree with the deep customization engine.

Although this product is very late into its life cycle that licensing for many of the older DLC tracks have expired or is likely to expire soon, there is still a blindingly large library of tracks to pick from at $1 or $2 depending on if they were released prior to or after. And unlike the Miracle Piano System that I barely touched as a child, this library includes hits for both young players and their parents. This collection can also be expanded on the cheap by exporting the tracks from the first two Rock Band games as well as the track packs from their respective system with the sole (and sad) exception of the Beatles game.

I might also want to stress that buyers will want to make sure that games you want to export from ship with a valid code, otherwise you're stuck with glorified demos.

It works with virtually every GH or RB controller released for their respective system as well as any USB microphone, which you can also find at your local thrift store for much cheaper than you can get online.

If I had one major gripe about Rock Band 3, it's that I only got into this series only a week or two before Harmonix stopped releasing official DLC, which means the appeal of the library will eventually fade apart from the occasional party with friends. Rock Band Network - their indie songs equivalent - is still supported only on the 360. With Harmonix clearly moving on from the franchise altogether, I also plan on moving onto trying real instruments with Rocksmith and Band Fuse. Perhaps I can finally stick with those longer than the Miracle Piano System.
on August 12, 2015
This game has brought hours and hours of enjoyment to our household. We do mostly vocals, bass, ProKeys, and 5-lane Keys. We love the song choices and love the ability to integrate the older versions of the game into this newer version, which increases the number of songs available to us. The DLC is a really good selection, and if you're really looking for an adventure, I highly recommend purchasing from the RBN library (in the online in-game marketplace) for an even larger selection. As Harmonix has decided to no longer produce DLC for this game, this particular version, the EA version, makes it easy to play custom songs offline (just don't play them online!) And now that RockBand 4 will soon be available, I firmly believe this version will still be popular as the are many features that will be missing in the new RB4, such as online play.
on December 17, 2013
I looked for a game that EVERYONE can play and I found it playing Rock Band 3! Playing the keyboard is so easy and everyone has a blast being a Rock Star! My band has drums, lead guitar, bass guitar, keyboard, DJ hero, and vocalist using both Rock Band and Guitar Hero games. We ROCK!!! This game allows 2 guitars, 1 keyboard, drums and vocal. You can tour one gig to another and earn band rewards, play one person, or just do a bunch of songs as a group that tells you the percentage of notes you got right. There is different levels you can choose to play. Videos to teach you to play like the pros! I'm 60 and able to rock like a teenager! What are you waiting for? ROCK ON with Rock Band 3,,,
on February 1, 2016
I don't think that there is a Rock Band game that I don't like but this is just amazing! What I really love about Rock Band 3 is the song list for it. While the other Rock Band games also have great songs, this one is by far my favorite! Featuring Queen's Bohemian Rhapsody and David Bowie"s Space Oddity, two amazing songs, I can't get enough the songs and enough playing all of them for hours on end. Also the new keyboard instrument is great! I find it easy and fun to use! If you've bought previous Rock Band games then this will definitely not disappoint you!
on May 29, 2011
I'm a huge fan of this series, and this game continues the magic of picking up a toy guitar and feeling like you're rocking out onstage, but it's not perfect.

On the technical side of things, this is a good step forward. The mini-tours are fun distractions, though there could be more of those with some longer sets included. Keyboards are popular at parties, though the setlist could have supported that addition better. The interface has never been better, with the individual menus streamlining the experience a great deal. Never again will you have to ask "Okay, who hit pause?" Software-wise this is, without a doubt, the best game of the series for party-play.

Online play is also great for pre-arranged groups of people that just want to jump in together, build a setlist, and rock out, but it suffers when it comes to matchmaking, mostly from good ideas that don't work when they encounter real people. In theory, letting the whole group build the setlist is a great idea. In practice, this only leads to long sets of songs picked by one or two players that may or may not even have parts for all of the players. Suffice to say, this is not a game to play online with random partners.

The setlist is broad and varied, but there seem to be more stinkers than usual for me at least. For each epic song like Free Bird that is picked at every party, there is a stinker like Imagine that only the poli-sci major that knows the piano part by heart wants to play. This is also the first entry into the main series where you can't play every song with every instrument. As they've shown with the steady stream of downloads since the game came out, there are massive numbers of songs with fun keyboard parts; where were they when the team was picking the disc songs? There are more than enough good songs to warrant the purchase, but I certainly wouldn't try to have a party with only the on-disc material.

The game is still ridiculously fun, but this one doesn't seem to have the legs of the last entry. As a player that loved joining random bands and helping them progress through the tour in Rock Band 2, this version is a little disappointing, but this is without a doubt the best way to get four to seven people having a blast in your living room.
on January 2, 2011
I was a musician before I was a gamer. I've consistently heard from certain other musicians that, "you shouldn't play Rock Band, just learn to play a REAL instrument." Well, I have learned how, and Rock Band is still a really fun party game that anyone and everyone can enjoy, no matter what your skill level. Deep down, I think those people who refuse to play Rock Band are afraid they aren't going to be good at it. Now that Rock Band 3 is out and incorporates some real instrumentation, I want to see if these musicians will change their tune.

I think most people who play RB3 will have already played the earlier iterations and probably have some of the instruments already. The biggest advancements of RB3 is the addition of PRO modes and vocal harmonies.

PRO MODES: Keep in mind that just because they have PRO modes, you still have gradations of difficulty within that mode. So it isn't like Easy, Medium, Hard, Expert, PRO. Once you are in the PRO modes, you have PRO-easy, Pro-medium, PRO-Hard, and PRO-expert. I have not yet played the guitar or bass on the PRO mode. I have been playing drums in the PRO mode. If you are pretty good at drums, you will have no trouble adding in the cymbals. Another good thing about PRO-drums is that all DLC has the PRO-drums in their charts. So, you can immediately play all your old DLC (and previous RB songs for that matter) using the PRO mode. I also recently got the Rock Band 3 Wireless Keyboard for Xbox 360. I never took piano lessons, but I'm generally musically inclined and know a little bit about keys. You can use it like a guitar (or key-tar) and you can play non PRO mode, only hitting 5 of the keys (red, blue, yellow, green, orange) or play PRO-keys and play about an octave and a half at a time. I've found that there is a big gap in difficulty between PRO-medium and PRO-hard. That is where my difficulty level is at. PRO-Expert seems to still only require 3 finger chords at a time.

HARMONIES: I'm so glad they finally started adding harmonies. I only wish the DLC I had purchased had that already in there the way the drums does. One negative is that only one person can be signed in on a vocal at a time. Which means there really aren't any achievements available to the "backup" singer. At least, I haven't found a way to have a second vocalist signed into the game separately yet.

These are the biggest improvements in my opinion. They changed around the gameplay somewhat. Your band's tour now give you more options as to what you want to play at given venues, which I like. Another thing I noted is that I now have no trouble with using my wireless mics from Lips. I got that game, just so I could use the wireless mics in RB2, but I never was able to get them to be in sync and they always had a huge amount of echo. I don't know what they did, but they work great in RB3.

Don't be afraid of the PRO mode. All other modes are still here. But the PRO mode just takes it up to the next level.
on June 3, 2011
Alright, so the music game genre has been played out for some time now, however every time you're get together with friends and somebody starts playing RB, the tendency for it to turn into a sesh is always existent. You end up playing for an hour or more and it always ends up being good fun. RB3 has a good song selection off the disc, and a humongous catalog of dlc. There is a ton of options in this game from customization of characters to song customization and plenty of ways to jam from guitar to keyboard to vocals, which have all been made better since the beginning of the franchise. I don't have the real guitar setup or the other peripherals to make a judgement on how well that part of the game is on helping you "play for real" but knowing it's there tells me they tried to pack in as much as they could to let you be a part of your favorite musical experiences. Graphics are very appealing and the animations are also pretty awesome, and have definitely been taken up a notch from the previous games. Even the online features work well and if you are a fanatic, you could definitely be playing this for a while. My only gripe is that for 20 bucks, you basically can only download 10 songs. It seems like a lot to me because you can go through them fast, and there really isn't anything added to the game other than achievements that may be tied to them or parts that may include being able to "play for real." To put it in simpler terms, I paid 18 bucks for the game itself, and have already spend 40 bucks on dlc. Its nice because they are songs that I chose, but like I said, you can go through them really quickly and end up wanting more. Some of the dlc band packs also usually have a song or even two that are not great and it kinda forces you to buy songs separately which ends up costing you more. Other than the rather expensive dlc, the game is solid and if you cant have fun with this game then you really need to loosen up.
on November 30, 2010
Note: I have not played Pro Drums or Pro Guitar in RB3.

Rock Band 3 feels very much the same as previous installments in the franchise, but with some welcome new additions that keep it fresh. If you enjoy or are interested in music rhythm party games, Rock Band is the reigning king of music games. You can play guitar, drums, sing, and now even play keyboard. The game allows for up to 7 players at once (guitar, bass, drums, keyboard, and 3 harmony vocals) to play locally on one console. No other game does that. The instruments play like they have since RB1, with colored notes scrolling toward you on-screen, and you have to "play" the notes in time with the music to score points. Even the new keyboard follows the same five button formula and feels familiar. Since the core gameplay was already great, this isn't a bad thing, but don't expect the experience to feel different or revolutionary.

The biggest addition to RB3 is the new PRO mode. You can play Pro Drums with a resonably priced cymbal addition to the existing four pad drum set, allowing for a total of 8 triggers (four pads, three cymbals, and a kick pedal) to keep track of. Also offered is the Pro Guitar, which can only be played with an expensive new controller that has six strings and 17 frets for a total of 102 buttons (Fender Mustang by Mad Catz). Or you can go all out and buy the real guitar that doubles as both a game controller and a real electric guitar (Squier Stratocaster by Fender). Both are very expensive (relative to video games) but are the only way to enjoy Pro Guitar. Finally there is Pro Keys, which used the same keyboard as standard mode, only instead of using just five of the keys, you use the whole keyboard. The cool thing about Pro Mode is that if you learn to play a song in the game in Pro Mode on Expert difficulty, you're actaully playing the real song note for note, meaning you've leared to play real music. That's pretty incredible for a video game. Pro Mode is by far the biggest new addition to RB3, it's just a shame that it requires a serious monetary investment as well as time investment to fully enjoy. Still, it's nice that the option is there.

The career progression is completely revamped this time. Instead of touring the world using managers and playing clubs to potentially earn or lose fans, now you have set challenges that are unlocked as you play songs and meet the requirements. Many challenges overlap and completing one usually means progressing on several more. It's a weird set up that takes some getting used to, but does allow for more freedom in how you want to play than the previous games. Completing challenges unlocks clothes and gear as well as fans, although I don't really see what the point of fans are anymore. There is no money to be earned, instead unlocking items makes them available instantly, and not just for the character you're playing, but for all the characters tied to your profile. This makes unlocking costumes much easier and less tedious than in the previous games. Character creation is also a little deeper, actually allowing you to customize the character's face and body with more variety. Another plus is the jump in and out feature. It allows players to jump in and out and switch instruments on the fly, chance difficulty mid-song, and even turn on no-fail mode or join a song in progress. It makes party play much easier and less confusing.

The most important aspect of any music game is the songs. Fortunately, RB has the best music in any rhythm game and RB3 is no exception. There were a couple of songs I didn't care for, but of the 83 songs on disc, I liked 80 of them. You can also import songs from RB1, RB2, Green Day RB, and Lego RB, as well as all the DLC songs you may have downloaded from the RB Store. I currently have 300+ songs in my game as a result. Of course, pre-RB3 songs don't have Pro Mode, but also dissapointing is that post-RB3 songs don't support Pro Mode unless you purchase an upgrade for $1 on top of the $2 per song price tag. Obviously Pro Mode is for people who have money to burn. This one complaint aside, RB3 is a great game, and the game is compatable with just about every instrument controller known to man, so chances are you'll find a way to play even if you can't afford all the new instruments.

Please make sure that you are posting in the form of a question.