Save Big On Open-Box & Pre-owned: Buy "Rock Band 2 - Playstation 3 (Game only)” from Amazon Warehouse Deals and save 68% off the $19.99 list price. Product is eligible for Amazon's 30-day returns policy and Prime or FREE Shipping. See all Open-Box & Pre-owned offers from Amazon Warehouse Deals.
$ 91 $19.99 Save $2.08 (10%)
FREE Shipping on orders over $49. Details
+ $3.99 shipping
About the Product
- Local and global online modes
- Online World Tour mode fuses Solo Tour and Band World Tour modes with opportunity gigs, challenges, cities, venues and hirable staff
- Tour Challenges - mini-campaigns focused on the best songs by instrument, decade, genre, etc
- Battle of the Bands mode - go head to head against other bands in constantly refreshed contests (internet connection required)
- Quickplay - with prefab or customized characters that can play on any instrument. Make customizable set lists and organize your song lists in different categories
Frequently Bought Together
Customers Who Bought This Item Also Bought
Special Offers and Product Promotions
Continue Your Rock and Roll Fantasy
Rock Band 2 lets you and your friends take your band on an even more expansive and immersive world tour - in person or online - and continue your rock and roll fantasy.
Harmonix, deliver Rock Band 2, the next step to the platform that lets audiences of all ages interact with music in an all-new way. Rock Band 2 lets players vicariously jam out as some of the best guitarists, bassists, drummers and singers of all time.
Featuring a track list with more than 100 on-disc and downloadable tracks from some of the most hallowed bands of the rock pantheon, Rock Band 2 by challenges rockers to master lead guitar, bass guitar, drums and vocals.
| || |
Grab the Mic
View larger image
Rock the Songs
View larger image
Give the Crowd a Show
View larger image
Top Customer Reviews
Instrument quality was the second selling point. Although it's cool looking to have the cymbals ala GH:WT drums, you get the more STABLE bass pedal with Rock Band 2 drums because of how it sits on a horizontal bar. The GH:WT pedal has reportedly slid on uncarpeted floors, or flipped sideways. The RB2 drums, are as SILENT as it can get and they are VERY sturdy.
The last deciding factor for me was the downloadable content. By years end, there will be about 500 downloadable songs on the playstation network. If you like Rush, oasis, megadeth, metallica, blondie, lynyrd skynyrd, etc. then Rock Band 2 is for you. Also, the software itself is just PLAIN FUN! to play through. You unlock songs by earning cash, fans, and hiring staff. The customizability of the characters is also tremendous, to the point where you can change eye colors! I hope this review helps, and don't pass up a fantastic game!
I own both GH:WT and RB2 and RockBand 2 wins round 1 and here is why:
- amount of songs I can play is double on RB2: I usually play when friends come over and time and time again we choose RB2 simply b/c you can play and pick from soo many more songs with the inclusion of all my RB1 songs and downloadable content as well. GH:WT makes you re-insert any old GH disc if you want to play songs from previous discs.
- song search criteria in RB2 is way better: not only can you search for songs by title, artist or difficulty but now RB2 also allows you to search for songs by decade(70s, 80s, etc) and genre(alternative, classic rock, etc.) Very polished and easy to find any song from the 100s you might have. GH:WT only has one option and that is by song title.
- ability to save band members: since i usually play when friends are over the ability to "save" my beginner band members is crucial since a lot of times they are just learning how to play and want to have fun with it. GH:WT will automatically fail the whole band out if one band member fails...there is no option to change this. This is not very good when friend or family are over and want to just have fun playing with you.
- RB2 has drum solo sections and song ending solos which are fun: to achieve starpower on drums in RB2 you simply hit the last note of randomly inserted drum solo sections...which i enjoy!! You can go wild during the solo sections and do whatever you want as long as you hit the last note. GH:WT has no designated drum solo sections or song ending band solo sections.Read more ›
You Will Be Happy Choosing Bock Band 2...
I play this game with the GH4 hardware, and on the PS3, it *does* work.
Note to thise who own both RB2 and Rock Band (1):
If you have the GH4 hardware on the PS3, you've no doubt noticed that the GH4 drums won't work with the original Rock Band. To resolve this, all you have to do is go to the playstation store and purchase the song export key for $5. Export the songs from Rock Band to your HD, and then they are all unlocked and playable (on the drums!) in Rock Band 2. This was a great help for those sets I mentioned earlier, because now instead of only being able to choose unlocked songs from RB2, I also had the RB1 library to choose from to compile a set. What fun!
Most Recent Customer Reviews
Rock Band 1 & 2 owner and I love both! Both have great songs and I very much enjoy playing!Published 6 months ago by Kim/ Office Manager
The memories of this setlist alone are killer. Many a drunken nights were spent in parties trying to finish the endless setlist. Wish it would have transferred to ps4.Published 6 months ago by Spion