The Rock And Roll Hall Of Fame: In Concert
Frequently bought together
Customers who viewed this item also viewed
Customers who bought this item also bought
AMAZING PERFORMANCES FROM FOUR YEARS OF THE ROCK & ROLL HALL OF FAME INDUCTION CEREMONIES --
2014, 2015, 2016 & 2017
“Watch out for music—it should come with a health warning… And it can make you think that the world should and could be a much better place.” —Peter Gabriel
As the Rock & Roll Hall of Fame entered its third decade, induction ceremonies featured the biggest names in classic rock from the ’60s, ’70s and ’80s. In many cases the original line-ups of bands performed together for the first time in years; other performances featured the kind of collaborations and jam sessions that have made Rock Hall concerts legendary.
- This 4-DVD set features poignant reunions, moving and often hilarious induction speeches, and 53 iconic performances.
- Highlights from the 2014, 2015, 2016 and 2017 induction ceremonies.
- Bruce Springsteen joining inductees the E Street Band for the deep-cut classic The E Street Shuffle from the Boss’s second album, from 1973.
- Legendary grunge-rock group Pearl Jam delivering thundering performances of Alive, Given to Fly and Better Man.
- The two surviving members of Nirvana joined on stage by Lorde, Annie Clark, Kim Gordon and Joan Jett for emotional renderings of the group’s biggest hits.
- Cat Stevens performing a spine-tingling version of Father & Son that rendered the massive Barclays Center quiet as a church.
- Journey performing three classic cuts: Separate Ways (Worlds Apart), Lights and Don't Stop Believin'.
- Ringo Starr being welcomed into the Rock Hall with a little help from Paul McCartney.
- Features complete Hall of Fame induction speeches, including:
- Coldplay’s Chris Martin inducting Peter Gabriel
- Metallica’s Lars Ulrich inducting Deep Purple
For Complete Program & Performance Listing click here
Showing 1-5 of 32 reviews
There was a problem filtering reviews right now. Please try again later.
I do still give this release four stars because what is here is very good. The reunion of the two living members of Nirvana is an absolute thrill and the four vocalists (Joan Jett, St. Vincent, Kim Gordon of Sonic Youth, and Lorde) who were chosen for the heavy task of filling in for the late Kurt Cobain did a fantastic job. The living members from the classic lineup of Yes regrouped for an explosive rendition of "Roundabout" and "Owner of a Lonely Heart". I'm not even really a fan of Yes but I was blown away by this performance. Peter Gabriel doing an epic ten-minute "In Your Eyes", Ringo Starr singing "Boys" backed by Green Day, Bruce Springsteen & The E Street Band's "E Street Shuffle" which was so good it gave me chills. And that's just scratching the surface. If you're a fan of any of these performers, this release is most definitely worth your while but it's just hard not to wish that it could have been more complete.
Loving these discs..