Bubble Witch Saga 3 Industrial Deals Beauty Best Books of the Month Shop new men's suiting nav_sap_plcc_ascpsc Learn more about Amazon Music Unlimited PCB for Musical Instruments Starting at $39.99 Grocery Handmade Tote Bags Book a house cleaner for 2 or more hours on Amazon Fall TV Binge-worthy season premieres are here Fall TV Binge-worthy season premieres are here Fall TV Binge-worthy season premieres are here  Introducing Echo Show Introducing All-New Fire HD 10 with Alexa hands-free $149.99 Kindle Oasis, unlike any Kindle you've ever held Shop Now STEMClubToys17_gno

Showing 1-10 of 84 reviews(Verified Purchases). See all 101 reviews
on June 5, 2013
Jeff Beck never ceases to amaze me with his talent. Playing Les Paul solos is difficult at best but if you close your eyes, you would swear that Les was there in person playing the guitar. With the addition of Imelda May's incredible voice, she channeled the late Mary Ford and even was able to sing with herself double tracked doing harmony! The band was incredible and not only was Les Paul's life celebrated but the electric guitar he so pioneered. Special guests include the legendary Gary US Bonds along with Brian Setzer whose playing was as always amazing (he and Jeff did a guitar duet on Eddie Cochran's classic Twenty Flight Rock). I saw the PBS special first before I bought the disc. Man, what a ride. If you love guitar music, you'll love this CD.
on February 19, 2015
A refreshing step away from his comfort zone makes this an interesting listen and one that I would recommend in you are a fan of this kind of thing. It swings more than it sears if you know what I mean. Loved the special guests too. For $5 it was a no brainer.

I didn't love the mp3 download that has, to date, refused to burn correctly to cd. I'm confident that Amazon will "make it right" once I file a claim as they have in the past, but it really bummed me out.
on December 26, 2013
What really jumps out at you in listening to this CD is just how amazing a guitarist Jeff Beck really is - as if all of us weren't already aware of this ! What I really mean is that Beck can effortlessly shift gear between any style of guitar playing and not only capture the feel of the music but can nail the sound too. We all know him as a brilliant rock player, but his rockabilly chops are spot on, his jazz chops are very solid, and his blues playing is as good as anyone's.
on February 22, 2011
If you don't like this one, then you don't REALLY like rock'n'roll, blues or jazz or you have have been living under a rock for too long... even if you don't like this jazzy, swingy, rockabilly, bluesy style, I guarantee this music will be a success at almost any party for young folks as well as older folks and that is hard to do...

Les Paul was the Guitar God who also invented many of the recording techniques and music technologies that are still important to the entire world today... He deserves to be a bigger legacy than most people know... I had the privilege to meet Les and hang out with him briefly for one evening about 20 years ago and his charisma and professionalism just knocked me out. This music here is a GREAT way to honor the man!!! It captures a lot of his spirit and the soul that he streamed in his artistry and musical dialogues --- Jeff Beck definitely summoned his spirit and I bet that the presence of Les Paul was really felt by the artists and audiences here as the music just exudes heavenly vibrations and really connects to another dimension....

I have always loved Jeff Beck... I saw him and the Yardbirds (with Jimmy Page) in the 60's and I loved his guitar style and the music from this band alot --- I loved his style 20 years ago but I think he is now better than ever... He is a musician's musician but highly charismatic to almost anyone who will give his music a couple of listens...

I literally wore out my Jeff Beck Beckola and Truth vinyl albums from the later 60's that had Rod Stewart singing great blues and with a band that included other legends like John Paul Jones and with guest appearances by Jimmy Page I believe... those albums really rocked and Jeff Beck evolved into one of the truly innovative guitar artists of the 20th Century and now the 21st Century... His style of eloquent jazz rock fusion is something else... I love Clapton, Page, Bonamassa, BB King, Django Reinhart, Muddy Waters, Howling Wolf and a few other Jazz, Blues, Rock Guitarists, but I sincerely believe Jeff Beck has risen to the top of them all... just check out his Live at Ronny Scott's recording and Video and also some of his earlier solo work... if you are a musician, you will really appreciate his music projects, but if you just like good rock n' roll, this album is soooo--- good for any one that wants to rock out or listen to party music fun!... This may be the most accessible Jeff Beck music for the global audience of any recordings that Jeff has put out in his lifetime...

Imelda May who sings lead on quite a few tunes is drop dead smokin' perfect for this project!!!! I really love her authentic take on How High the Moon, Sitting on Top of the World, Bye Bye Blues, Vaya Con Dios and the other Les Paul tunes and certainly she has few tricks up sleeves in terms of her approach for this project on all songs she sings which is really cool!!!... she really captures Les Paul's wife Mary Ford in spirit and Imelda is just a knockout singer period.... get her CDs too if you like this album (i.e. Johnny Got a Boom Boom is truly a song that will stick in your memory)... The other guests including Brian Setzer, Darrel Higham, Gary US Bonds and Trombone Shorty are just fantastic and the mix of artists and the tunes selected is just perfect!!!!

WELL DONE PRODUCTION TEAM!!!! Great Band and Guests, Great Song Choices, Great Live Recording --- THANK YOU JEFF!!!

I saw the PBS special and had to get the CD when it came out and I couldn't stop listening to this music the moment the CD arrived from Amazon (I also ordered the Blue Ray) ...and I believe there is some music on the CD not seen on the Video --- i.e. The Train It Kept A Rolling which the Yardbirds with Jeff Beck did way back in the 1960's (The band Aerosmith and Led Zepplin amongst others copied this song but IMO the Yardbirds version with Jeff Beck and the Yardbirds really did the song justice and to hear Jeff play it again here on this CD is a real treat....

If you want to Boogie to something really good, get this music and expect to move your feet and/or feel the songs in your soul!

THIS ALBUM ROCKS AND ROCKS and ROLLS AND ROLLS.... HEY LET'S PARTY!!!!!
HOLD THAT TIGER ---MEOW, MEOW, MEOW!!!!!
33 comments| 50 people found this helpful. Was this review helpful to you?YesNoReport abuse
on February 10, 2017
I like this album. I always enjoy Jeff Beck and Imelda May together. There aren't too many songs without her that I'm enjoying on this one. There are just a few.
on August 14, 2014
being a jeff beck fan since i was a teenager,he never surprises me with his ever changing directions with music.but this is extraordinary! rockabilly honoring the great les paul,with excellent support from a stellar bunch.(if you were not a imelda may fan
before,or have not heard of her, this will change everything) fantastic!
on September 10, 2016
Great fun!! Great tribute to Les Paul.
Jeff Beck nails the guitar style! Imelda May is brilliant!!
on January 13, 2017
I am thrilled with my purchase and wouldn't hesitate to buy from you again.
on January 26, 2017
Saw it first on channel 11 Chicago...grey at to have a real copy.
on July 8, 2015
This album is amazing. An eclectic mix of songs and what talent...from Imelda May to Trombone Shorty.....
and of course the amazingly talented Jeff Beck!