Workplace Solutions Best of the Year Amazon Fashion nav_sap_plcc_ascpsc Electronics Holiday Gift Guide Starting at $39.99 Luxury Beauty Gift Sets Gifts for Him hgg16 Get up to $100 back on House Cleaning services pet pet pet  All-New Echo Dot Starting at $89.99 Kindle Oasis bourne Shop Outdoor Gift Ideas on Amazon

Sort: Oldest first | Newest first
Showing 1-14 of 14 posts in this discussion
Initial post: Feb 4, 2009 8:26:50 AM PST
jfkiesel says:
Anyone know if the rock band controllers will work on this one. I love Metallica but I can't really see myself buying a whole new set of instruments just for this game.

In reply to an earlier post on Feb 11, 2009 11:44:24 AM PST
I have rockband 2 special edition, I can use this hardware (Microfone, Guitar and Drums) with Guitar Hero World Tour and work very well, I hope can use too with Guitar Hero Metallica

Posted on Feb 11, 2009 1:04:15 PM PST
S. Diaz says:
It will be compatible with the Xbox version for sure (Microsoft is always anal about that), and PS3 should follow suit.. but it ain't always the case... if they can screw you somehow, they will try their hardest.

In reply to an earlier post on Feb 13, 2009 9:20:33 AM PST
I use Guitar Hero World Tour instruments with Rock Band without any problem. Only drawback is that the slider on the GH guitar doesn't work in RB, so you have to just play the guitar solos, you can't play them on the slider or not strum them.

Posted on Feb 16, 2009 3:37:20 AM PST
Not sure, but I would imagine RB1 and RB2 instruments for ps3 would work on this one. They work on GHWT, so they improved that between GH3 and GHWT at least - I'll give them some credit. Still it's weird that you can't use RB1 or RB2 guitars for ps3 with GHIII. Those guitars work on the menus, but not on the songs.

Posted on Feb 17, 2009 6:24:21 AM PST
jfkiesel says:
Thanks for the info everyone. It sounds like my best bet may be to wait about a week or so after it comes out and see if there are any complaints. I really hope there aren't any problems because there are some great songs I really want to try.

In reply to an earlier post on Mar 17, 2009 10:31:53 PM PDT
Monica Moody says:
Info on Guitar Hero: Metallica site notes that Rock Band and Rock Band 2 controllers are compatible w/the game.

Posted on Mar 30, 2009 8:32:54 AM PDT
jfkiesel says:
I picked up the game yesterday and started playing using rock band instruments on a PS3. Didn't have any trouble for the first 20 minutes or so but then for some reason the wireless drums disconnected. I unplugged the dongle and plugged it back in and it seemed to work fine again for about another hour and the same thing happened. It doesn't appear to be a battery problem since I had a set of fresh ones in. Has anyone else had this problem?

Posted on Apr 4, 2009 9:09:15 AM PDT
MY RB2 drum set works great w/GH games UNLESS I have the cymbals plugged in then I get a disconnect message

In reply to an earlier post on Apr 5, 2009 9:13:58 PM PDT
Don Hancock says:
I am having EXACTLY the same problem: worked fine for almost an hour, now they drop out every couple of minutes.

The poster below mentioned it only happens when his cymbols are plugged in - I'm trying that later tonight. I was getting ready to return the game - I didn't pay $60 to play the bass...

In reply to an earlier post on Apr 5, 2009 9:21:23 PM PDT
Don Hancock says:
I HOPE this fixes my problem. Can't imagine playing drums without them now that I have them, but it's a small sacrifice (I've managed to avoid GH:WT so far and I think those drums would REALLY screw with me).

Posted on Apr 6, 2009 6:53:29 AM PDT
jfkiesel says:
It was the cymbals, as soon as I unplugged them I didn't have any problems. I also noticed on the Guitar Hero website there were a few posts of a similar problem with world tour. It's a minor annoyance not to be able to use them but the game is still enjoyable.

In reply to an earlier post on Apr 8, 2009 6:10:21 AM PDT
Don Hancock says:
I found out the same last night... Glad to hear that if I get GTH:WT at least I'll know what's going on. DAMN shame I can't play with the cymbals, they sure have changed the game for me.
It IS still a blast for me. Maybe sometime I'll start experimenting with plugging in the cymbals at a later point might help... Unless there's someone else out there that has the time.

In reply to an earlier post on Sep 19, 2009 7:53:33 AM PDT
I had the same problem, and i have the perfect solution.
Get a USB extension for the wireless adapter and place it in proximity to the drums (i hang the thing from the drums frame, and that will get you on your way. It losses the luxury of full wireless, but you wont miss a beat).
Although i think mine is worst than yours, but that is the solution i worked out for this issue
‹ Previous 1 Next ›
[Add comment]
Add your own message to the discussion
To insert a product link use the format: [[ASIN:ASIN product-title]] (What's this?)
Prompts for sign-in

This discussion

Participants:  9
Total posts:  14
Initial post:  Feb 4, 2009
Latest post:  Sep 19, 2009

New! Receive e-mail when new posts are made.
Tracked by 2 customers

This discussion is about
Guitar Hero Metallica - Playstation 3
Guitar Hero Metallica - Playstation 3 by Activision Inc. (PlayStation 3)
4.6 out of 5 stars (97)