Your Garage Luxury Beauty Best Books of the Month STEM nav_sap_plcc_ascpsc Limited time offer Wickedly Prime Handmade Mother's Day Gifts hgg17 Book House Cleaning animestrike animestrike animestrike  Introducing Echo Look Starting at $49.99 Kindle Oasis Nintendo Switch Shop Now

Format: Audio CD|Change

Showing 1-10 of 24 reviews(Verified Purchases). See all 27 reviews
on December 30, 2009
We started playing music in our infant's nursery after our first visit to his daycare, where we noticed them playing music in the crib room to provide white noise for the sleeping babies. The idea of a lullaby-ized version of music we already enjoy listening to appealed to us, so we started out with a couple of the titles in the Rockabye baby series. We've enjoyed them so much that we're now up to ~15 of these, if for no other reason than to provide US with some variety as we rock our child before putting him down for the night. By removing the words and playing the songs at a more or less constant volume, they provide a soothing bedtime experience without the sudden changes in volume and tempo that might otherwise startle or excite a child that you're trying to get (and then keep) asleep.

My wife is a fan of Green Day's music, and we have both enjoyed the Rockabye baby take on their music. Although it is not our favorite of the 15 we have (the Coldplay CD continues to rank #1 in our house), it is certainly one of the more frequent choices for bedtime, and a great way to get your infant started on Green Day. I would also highly recommend the Led Zeppelin, Queen, Rolling Stones, More Beatles (the first one is not as good), Beach Boys, and Guns N' Roses CDs for people interested in trying out the series.
on March 28, 2016
How fun of an idea. I ordered this CD to go along with many others for our baby. It is a nice change from traditional lullaby CDs. Some songs are hard to figure out what the "real" song is, but the CD works great for lullaby time as well as gives us adults something fun to listen to!
on January 13, 2016
I make it a point to know what kind of music couples listen to so I can get them a Rockabye Baby album they will love. This is just perfect. Some songs take a minute recognize but it is amazing how on point most of them are!
on September 26, 2015
This could be a wonderful album, but we went to play it for the first time and the cd didn't work :(

We also have the Coldplay one and love it, so we're so bummed that this cd doesn't work :(
on October 5, 2013
I teach pre-k and we have a nap time during the day where we play soft music. This is a great cd that the children love and it helps us teachers to be able to have "normal" music while still being young/soft enough for the students to nap!!!
on August 11, 2013
Big fan of the Rockabye series. They keep t the beat very well, and are expertly put together. We used this for the baby when she was in the womb, with headphones over the tummy, and after. It has always seem to calm our children down. I even find it relaxing!
on December 20, 2012
I love Rockabye Baby's music. Lullabies that are fun for adults to listen to, as well as babies and kids. What's more, they are easy to sing along to (since you know the songs) and singing seems to help calm down my baby. The Green Day album is great, filled with songs you know and recognize.
on March 5, 2011
I think its great that they made music that i listen to that is geared towards infants. Its Soft music, no lyrics, which is a plus.
on February 25, 2013
I bought this as a gift for a friend, and decided to listen to it myself. Seeing as I'm a fan of music box-type music, this was very nice to listen to.
I might even play this for my child, when/if I have one.
on November 10, 2007
My 5 month old niece was so intrigued by this music she immediately stopped crying, and by the end of the first track was on her way to sleep. Plus it's great being able to play music around the house that both of us liked.