BCA Month Beauty Most Anticipated Fall Children's Books Hallo nav_sap_hiltonhonors_launch New Album by Chris young $69.99 Handmade Tote Bags hgg17 Save $30 on a Deep Cleaning Appointment curbpremiere curbpremiere curbpremiere  Three new members of the Echo family All-New Fire 7, starting at $49.99 All-New Kindle Oasis GNO Shop Now HTL17_gno

on January 21, 2016
This is my second set of this luggage. Why did I get two sets if I think it is one-star? Because the first set was great. It fulfilled its purpose and held my stuff when I traveled (only about once a month). However, it appears in 2015 they must have done a redesign. The most recent set I ordered is awful. The feet on the bottom were made to be more narrow and smaller, so no matter how you pack the rollaboard, it will fall-over when left standing on its own. It's very tedious to always have to make sure it is leaned against something while at an airport. On the second bag, the decal also fell off during the first use of the bag. The "Rockland" decal wasn't amazingly pretty or anything, but is just more evidence that they redesigned this luggage to be much lower quality. Buyer beware!

I've included a picture where you can see how the feet of the two rollaboards are different.
review image
66 comments| 715 people found this helpful. Was this review helpful to you?YesNoReport abuse
on May 11, 2015
I have yet to use the luggage, but from just from an initial look over it has passed with flying colors. I looked everywhere for a reasonable price, appropriate dimensions and found it with Rockland. Will edit when I use it for a proper review.
REVISED: I've had this luggage set for over a year and used it to go to Alaska and back, go to to various relatives houses and it looks brand new! No holes or missing stitching, zippers still zippin' away... I'm just over the moon on how great this buy was. Best thing is that everyone can tell its mine with the awesome colors and with the Alaska visit the small (International) size saved me from having to check my luggage on the 20 person plane! Only issues I've ever had is, that when the suit case has things inside, it will fall over face first which is no issue for me I just prop it against a person or wall.
review image review image review image review image
33 comments| 438 people found this helpful. Was this review helpful to you?YesNoReport abuse
on June 9, 2015
My daughter is 8 and absolutely LOVED this set.. Perfect size for her.. We went on a week long trip and everything fit!!!
review image
0Comment| 104 people found this helpful. Was this review helpful to you?YesNoReport abuse
on August 25, 2016
I purchased this suitcase because of a week long trip across the country with VERY different weather than mine, so I had to pack more than t-shirts and shorts. This suitcase is deceiving - it looks smaller than what it actually is and I DID have room to spare. I did use packing cubes because it is helpful to me, but I did manage to get a week's worth of clothing (no access to washing machine) that included 3 t-shirts, 2 leggings, 3 blouses, 3 camisoles, a light sweater, jeans, 2 pairs of shoes (1 was heels, the other was flats), and undergarments. My clothes did not come out all wrinkled or incredibly creased - not more than you would get from folding your clothes and putting them in a drawer. The empty space that is in there contained a makeup bag and the TSA approved baggie of toiletries.

The small carry on was a bit more disappointing - a lot could be stuck in there, but regardless of size or weight of the items, it seemed to pull at the seams in a few different spots. It is completely functional, though. The zipper got stuck a couple of times, but I can't blame the making of the bag for this alone.

Regarding sizing and durability, the suitcase itself does comply and fit into one of those 14" x 22" sizing things at the airport. The smaller bag fits perfectly under the seats. This suitcase went on 7 flights, including 2 that had to be valet checked because of the size of the aircraft and even wound up in the wing of a Cessna at one point. It has a couple of dirt scuffs, but it is in otherwise perfect shape!

One thing to note - if you put something (like sandals) in the front pouch of the larger one, it will topple over. I do wish the base was sturdier, but I can't complain too much with the pricing of it. I've read a couple reviews where it says it smells. Yes, it is a bit smelly out of the box, but it is the smell as if it sat in a box in a warehouse. If you let it air out, the smell goes away.

Definitely a good combo and worth the price!
review image review image review image review image
on June 26, 2013
Europe has stricter guidelines about size and weight of carry-on bags than we have in the US, so I bought this bag because of its light weight (6 lbs). I figured that even if the quality was poor and it only lasted this one trip, it would be worth the price in saved checked baggage fees. When it arrived, I was surprised at the quality. It seems well made and I would be surprised if it doesn't last several years. Also, the size is definitely enough if you are a wise packer. I'll be in Europe for 4 weeks (with laundry access)and I have everything I need in these two little bags. I don't know what other reviewers were packing when they said they couldn't fit enough stuff for a weekend in this bag.

I also have to say that I don't notice a bad smell, or any smell at all with this bag. Other reviewers had me worried, but even when I put my nose right into the box to try to pick up this "smell" I didn't notice anything.
33 comments| 513 people found this helpful. Was this review helpful to you?YesNoReport abuse
The quality of this luggage is great. Only thing is the size is smaller than what the picture reveals. For 2 or 3 days of packing it's ok. Don't plan on taking a long trip with this luggage.
DISCLAIMER: When making a purchase, I take the time in reading others reviews and then leave as much honest ( positive or negative ) information as possible to help others. My review here, is based only with my personal opinion and experience. I give rank to each product with a 1-5 star rating. Below you will find what I personally feel each star represents when I am reviewing a product.
1 star = Waste of money- will return
2 star = Strongly Dislike the product- not be purchasing again
3 star = Indifferent- Neither like or dislike the product
4 star = Like product
5 star = AMAZING product.
Thank you for taking the time to read my review. If you found it helpful, please let me know by selecting "helpful" below.
on November 30, 2016
Edited to remove a star. Found out when I traveled last week that if my laptop is packed on top and easily accessible for airport security, the rolling suitcase becomes imbalanced and will topple over. This was quite frustrating and I struggled with it a bunch. Also, I didn't like the stationary wheels, unlike the 360 degree wheels, this bag has to be "just so" to roll properly, or else it wobbles and tips over. Annoying! Like most other people, I arrived here looking for a carry-on that was small enough to bring on the plane and not have "checked" baggage. This bag is cute, well put together and surprisingly quality for the price that I bought it for. I wish my 15 inch laptop would fit into the smaller bag so I wouldn't have to open the larger one insecurity but honestly it's not that big of a deal. They didn't cheap out on the zippers, they are pretty heavy duty. I'm a light packer so maybe this isn't for somebody who wants to bring multiple pairs of boots or whatever but I'm mostly happy with my purchase. No points taken off for the joke of a lock that came included with the luggage because I was planning on using my own lock anyway, but come On! Literally a two-year-old could break the lock that was included. Don't even bother putting it in the package guys it's insulting. Another thing is I wish they had more prints available (other than the horrible zebra/owl/other tween-type themes) but just a minor gripe.
review image review image
on January 28, 2017
Only just received so time will tell on quality, but I like the looks of this set and the size appears to be just what I need. I hope to be a frugal packer and be able to get a week's worth of clothes into the two bags and avoid checking an luggage. Others commented on the problem of the bag falling over when packed but looks like that can be avoided by reversing the position of the smaller bag and hanging it from the back side of the larger bag's handle. I look forward to using it!
on June 17, 2016
This leopard and pink luggage is good. When I received it, it did have strong chemical smell to it like other mentioned so ibsat it outside in the sun for 2-3 days and that helped with the smell! I was able to fit 3 of the compression organizing bags in here, the small, medium and large one. This was able to to hold all of my clothes for my month long stay! I was able to fit 3 pairs of flip-flops and the rest had to go in a separate bag. The expansive part on the front of the bag really came in handy when trying to close the bag, but do not over stuff the bag because then the zipper won't close properly! The small bag came in handy with my hair products and last minute items. I would recommend this bag, but I did find a bag a little bigger than this one and looked like it was made better! But I would still recommend this product, just remember you get what you pay for!
on March 14, 2017
I've had this luggage set for a couple of years now. Used it maybe about 3 times before it completely became useless. The 1st time, the outer zipper got stuck and haven't been able to use it (Strike 1). About 8 months later i traveled for the second time (Zipper still stuck), and on the way back home, the extending handle got stuck and will not release (Strike 2). I traveled home about a month ago and used this bag (Keep in mind the outer zipper is still stuck and the handle doesn't extend anymore) and on the way through the airport one of the wheels completely came off rendering it completely useless! I had to carry my luggage through the rest of the airport and on the way back home. Would not recommend.

Please make sure that you are posting in the form of a question.